Move On, Nothing To See Here: Epidemic of Current Sex Abuse in Chicago Public Schools Barely Merits Mention By Media

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As we've reported so many times before, when a report is released alleging abuse many decades ago by long-dead Catholic priests – priests who are no longer around to defend themselves – you can be sure the media will become apoplectic and jump all over the story.

But predictably there was no such media frenzy when the Office of the Inspector General in Chicago Public Schools (CPS) recently released a stunning report detailing that the district's Sexual Allegations Unit (yes, the district actually has a full-time team dedicated to this) received a whopping 470 allegations of sexual misconduct by CPS employees just in the 2022 school year alone!

Yes. 470. And this is in one school year, which typically entails only 180 days. So we're talking about nearly three sex crime allegations every school day in only one school district. Among the allegations:
a CPS teacher who sexually assaulted a 17-year-old student on three occasions;

a CPS high school gym teacher who repeatedly exposed himself to a sophomore girl and also sent her photos of himself engaged in sexual acts;
a CPS elementary teacher who inappropriately touched a CPS student in a sexual manner repeatedly over several years, when he was 11 to 14 years old;
a CPS substitute teacher who asked a student to recruit another student for a "threesome" and made other wildly inappropriate sexual comments; and
a CPS charter school administrator who took a high school junior to a Broadway musical in downtown Chicago and then groped his genitals.

Continued below.

• Agree
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I know I mentioned many times that sexual abuse is much higher outside the Church but it is solely focused on the Church leaving people unknowingly trusting schools and other institutions while seeing the Church as the sole problem.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know I mentioned many times that sexual abuse is much higher outside the Church but it is solely focused on the Church leaving people unknowingly trusting schools and other institutions while seeing the Church as the sole problem.
We just need to allow them to get married. That will fix everything! ;)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Amen. It's also more common in Protestant denominations, but no one ever mentions that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Just for the record, in some parts of the world, it is an honor for a parent or a student to have sex with a teacher. They just have to watch out for truck drivers because there are a lot of diseases there. Here in Amerian, there are areas where up to 50% of children are what we would call sexually abused. In some cases that is the only way a child can get the approval they want and need from their parents. The national rate is closer to 20%. Before the civil war of course sexual abuse would have been much higher. Women were expected to have four or five children by the time they were 20 years old. Younger people did the work to keep everyone alive. We did not always have child labor laws.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread post in January…

From the op:

The story of sex abuse by priests committed many decades ago no longer belongs in the news anywhere at all. It belongs on The History Channel. But these stories from Chicago's public school system and around the country are news, as in "new," or happening today. Where is the media?

Unfortunately, there are still so-called "journalists" out there who only seem to get worked up about sex abuse when it involves dead priests accused many decades ago. And we're talking to you, Bob Herguth, at the Chicago Sun-Times. Bob has penned a bunch of breathless articles in recent times involving accusations against priests dating back to when Richard Nixon occupied the White House. Not exactly fresh stuff.
Yet when it comes to sex abuse being committed today in Chicago Public Schools, Herguth does not seem too concerned.

Children's lives are only at risk.
That the media will predictably neglect dramatic stories of widespread abuse happening in Chicago's public schools today only reveals once again that the media has never really been concerned about child abuse at all, except when it occurs in institutions it hates for ideological reasons, like the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0