Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! After renting a house for two months and putting a lot of work into it, moving in and then moving back out because it was unlivable, today I am finally going to move in!!!!!!

The door has been replaced, the threshold has been replaced, the heating system has been replaced and now, the tub works! Tonight when NacDan gets home from work, we are going to move me in. I have been sleeping at his house until it all got fixed. Then tomorrow we are going to clean it up and make it presentable (to the best we can) so that we can have band practices in it.

So I am excited. It's totally not like me but I have seriously thought about just laying hands on the **** house and praying that nothing else will go wrong. Or at least having someone else with more "power" and "authority" doing it. Someone more spiritual. I added it up and over the past 2 months, I was able to sleep in it 5 nights. I put over $1600 into the house. I guess I'm not a very good renter. I just like to have some place where people can come over and eat and hang out and sing and dance and worship. It's a wide open space.

I still have to buy hardware for the cabinets and put them back up. But first they need to be lightly sanded and have another coat put on them. Then I can put the hardware on them and put them back up. While I do that, NacDan is gonna finish painting the kitchen and living room for me.And the final step is to strip clean the floor and lay the tile. So we've come a long way in 2 months. But there's still a lot more work to do. Anyway. That's my little house update.

Status
Not open for further replies.