Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Jo and her family told the officers that they were exercising, and the officers responded by saying that throwing the ball was not an approved form of exercise and that it had to be running or walking — though this is not actually the case, according to government guidelines."

Seems to me that this is one of those events where the police are acting far too absurdly to be believed. It does make me wonder about whether ticketing covid violations is about upper administration putting pressure on their officers to have some kind of unofficial amount and quota of tickets they need to hand out?

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Jo and her family told the officers that they were exercising, and the officers responded by saying that throwing the ball was not an approved form of exercise and that it had to be running or walking — though this is not actually the case, according to government guidelines."

Seems to me that this is one of those events where the police are acting far too absurdly to be believed. It does make me wonder about whether ticketing covid violations is about upper administration putting pressure on their officers to have some kind of unofficial amount and quota of tickets they need to hand out?

link?

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The only link I could find was this YouTube video...

If this is unacceptable let me know and I'll edit post.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mother handcuffed & humiliated for playing ball on the beach her with family - Rebel News

Most important part is it is U.K.

That and it seems she escalated things.
Probably, media on the internet especially news media which includes the mainstream seldom separates the news from the partisan's editorial additions.

I don't believe a police officer would say something that dumb unless his job was on the line. That is why I asked if it could possible that covid ticketing has become like traffic ticket quotas now?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Probably, media on the internet especially news media which includes the mainstream seldom separates the news from the partisan's editorial additions.

I don't believe a police officer would say something that dumb unless his job was on the line. That is why I asked if it could possible that covid ticketing has become like traffic ticket quotas now?

The report does not look like a news source, rather an anti restrictions group.

We only have their claim about what the officers said.

The claim that the activity was permitted is sketchy. They cite the nation wide guidelines. I would not be in the least surprised if the beach in question was closed but that there was an exception for excercise, specifically running and walking while maintaining social distancing. I know that beaches in Ventura county California were at one point in that exact situation.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The report does not look like a news source, rather an anti restrictions group.

We only have their claim about what the officers said.

The claim that the activity was permitted is sketchy. They cite the nation wide guidelines. I would not be in the least surprised if the beach in question was closed but that there was an exception for excercise, specifically running and walking while maintaining social distancing. I know that beaches in Ventura county California were at one point in that exact situation.
I am not interested in what a news source is supposed to look like.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not interested in what a news source is supposed to look like.
Do you distinguish between news sites and infotainment sites in your condemnation of MSM?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you distinguish between news sites and infotainment sites in your condemnation of MSM?
They all put a spin on the facts. A person only hears one portion of the events and all anyone hears is a story that is put together to suite someone else's conclusions.

As far as I can tell, there are three reasons officers charge and ticket people. Other citizens lodge a complaint, there's police administration that instructs their officers where to focus their attention and officers who use their system for advancement. Which one of the three does it remind you of?

Most of the time I would say it would be due to someone lodging a complaint. In this case it just struck me what if this particular police administration are doing the ticket quota thing like they do with traffic violations.

The way I see it, you're grown up enough to make up your own mind about what happened here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was in the UK.

I therefore frankly don't care.

As Americans, we don't know the facts, we don't know the law, and we don't know the culture.

It's just plain a waste of time to speculate on the legal details of the incident.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You never know what's going on in another person's mind. It could be the cops were displaying their 'authority' to boost their own ego, or maybe it was a stereotype issue, where the woman reminded the officer of dreadful sister in law.

...In the end, officers are just people, like anyone else. And people are often unpredictable.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They all put a spin on the facts. A person only hears one portion of the events and all anyone hears is a story that is put together to suite someone else's conclusions.

As far as I can tell, there are three reasons officers charge and ticket people. Other citizens lodge a complaint, there's police administration that instructs their officers where to focus their attention and officers who use their system for advancement. Which one of the three does it remind you of?

Most of the time I would say it would be due to someone lodging a complaint. In this case it just struck me what if this particular police administration are doing the ticket quota thing like they do with traffic violations.

The way I see it, you're grown up enough to make up your own mind about what happened here.
That's a "no" then?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You never know what's going on in another person's mind. It could be the cops were displaying their 'authority' to boost their own ego, or maybe it was a stereotype issue, where the woman reminded the officer of dreadful sister in law.

...In the end, officers are just people, like anyone else. And people are often unpredictable.
Most people understand that one person can use the laws for unrelated personal disputes against another person. In this specific description of events by the person who received the ticket, it gave me reason to believe that the individual cop was placed between a rock and a hard place by their superiors.

In my mind it's a case where the issue is no longer about seeing the individual tree because the forest is full of Trump Biden and fake news ill informed evergreens.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0