In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What bible verses or passages of scripture have you found most encouraging?

Psa 27:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

We sing the below Psalm as a song of praise:

Psa 48:1 [[A Song [and] Psalm for the sons of Korah.]] Great [is] the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, [in] the mountain of his holiness.:clap: Psa 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, [is] mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, the city of the great King.:clap:

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psa 121:1 [[A Song of degrees.]] I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. Psa 121:2 My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Psa 121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Psa 121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Psa 121:5 The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand. Psa 121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. Psa 121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. Psa 121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ezr 3:11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because [he is] good, for his mercy [endureth] for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isa 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Isa 40:2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins. Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

These verses have a special place in my heart. I look forward to singing them each year when we perform portions of Handels Messiah.

Upvote 0

thehayesman

Sep 8, 2005
Santa Fe
✟153.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 5:8 But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Lauri4Him

Nov 11, 2005
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 31:7 And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people unto the land which the LORD hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.

8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

I have found the Christian life to be one of warfare. Resist the devil, keep the faith, win the race, and pull those who are perishing out of the fire with great care. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Saviour, we enter into the great controversy between good and evil. But God be thanked He fights the battle for us and gives us His Armour for protection. It is my firm belief that we all need to wear the Armour of God daily and fight the good fight of faith.

Ephesians 6:10 ¶Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

May we all be able to say with Paul:
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 2 Timothy 4:7

Your sister in Christ
Lauri

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AdmirableArmstrong

Escape the Vandals and Destroyers
Jul 31, 2005
✟19,010.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good:

and God divided the light from the darkness.

Upvote 0