Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Sometimes we get into some heated debates between the left and right on these forums. However, I think it is wrong to believe either side wishes harm on their fellow humans. There are evil people on both sides with evil intentions, but for the most part I believe most people, especially on Christian Forums, have good intentions. We just disagree on how we can achieve good and exactly what “good” is.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sometimes we get into some heated debates between the left and right on these forums. However, I think it is wrong to believe either side wishes harm on their fellow humans. There are evil people on both sides with evil intentions, but for the most part I believe most people, especially on Christian Forums, have good intentions. We just disagree on how we can achieve good and exactly what “good” is.
I personally don't think so, but then again, how would I know?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
True. Few people start out with "I am here to do evil".

But that is true of Putin and all the Russians that enthusiastically support his war against Ukraine.

For example - in this video a Russian Christian talks about how Russia is viewed as the epitomy of righteousness and goodness -- standing high above all other nations -- by certain Orthodox Russian Christians in Russia and how he used to view it that way as well not so long ago. Until his eyes were opened by certain revelations made to the world about Russia during Russia's war against Ukraine.

My point is not the politics of it - rather the moral correctness or lack thereof and the fact that millions of Christians affirm Russia as the greatest example of righteousness and family values, justice and true freedom.

Last edited:
Sabri
Sabri
I believe Putin is doing the work of God. I believe Russia is more of a Christian nation than America. America has turned its back on God
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I personally don't think so, but then again, how would I know?
For example, look at healthcare. Both sides would like everyone to have healthcare, we just can’t agree on how to do it, or what it actually means.

Upvote 0

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
True. Few people start out with "I am here to do evil".

But that is true of Putin and all the Russians that enthusiastically support his war against Ukraine.

For example - in this video a Russian Christian talks about how Russia is viewed as the epitomy of righteousness and goodness -- standing high above all other nations -- by certain Orthodox Russian Christians in Russia and how he used to view it that way as well not so long ago.

That’s kind of my point. Putin probably is evil, like most political leaders, but most Russian people have good intentions. They sincerely believe they are in danger from Ukraine’s alliance with the west. This is actually nothing new. The Russian empire started because Russia felt threatened by not being surrounded by buffers like Ukraine.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For example, look at healthcare. Both sides would like everyone to have healthcare, we just can’t agree on how to do it, or what it actually means.
Some questions fall squarely in the arena of "politics" and the differences between views are little more than political preference. Not really Bible moral issues.

There are some exceptions.

1. Slavery in the 1800's in America was both a political and a moral issue. The moral issue was "The value of human life", and the command to "Love your neighbor as yourself' Lev 19:18, Matt 22, Matt 19, Rom 13, James 2....

2. Abortion in modern times. The moral issue is "The value of human life" and Lev 18:21 says killing babies is one of those sins that gets even a pagan nation put on a short leash in terms of using up its probationary time on planet Earth. Ex 21:22-23 says even the accidental killing of the unborn is punishable by death in certain cases (in the theocracy of Israel).

Upvote 0

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Some questions fall squarely in the arena of "politics" and the differences between views are little more than political preference. Not really Bible moral issues.

There are some exceptions.

1. Slavery in the 1800's in America was both a political and a moral issue. The moral issue was "The value of human life", and the command to "Love your neighbor as yourself' Lev 19:18, Matt 22, Matt 19, Rom 13, James 2....

2. Abortion in modern times. The moral issue is "The value of human life" and Lev 18:21 says killing babies is one of those sins that gets even a pagan nation put on a short leash in terms of using up its probationary time on planet Earth. Ex 21:22-23 says even the accidental killing of the unborn is punishable by death in certain cases (in the theocracy of Israel).
But most people really believe they are on the side of good. It’s like Jesus said in the Gospel of John, “yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.”

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But most people really believe they are on the side of good. It’s like Jesus said in the Gospel of John, “yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.”
agreed

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Slavery
The 2021 Global Estimates indicate there are 50 million people in situations of modern slavery
on any given day, either forced to work against their will or in a marriage that they were forced into.

We commonly call it “human trafficking” or “commercial sexual exploitation,” but it is slavery,
and it affects more people today than ever in human history—and it is spreading fast

Executive Summary link

The report states about 1 out of every 150 people in the world is trapped in slavery.
People who watch inappropriate content on the internet contributes to this machine. Even the N.B.A.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Perilous Times

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,
proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incon-
tinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady,
highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5having a
form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and
desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
The 2021 Global Estimates indicate there are 50 million people in situations of modern slavery
on any given day, either forced to work against their will or in a marriage that they were forced into.

We commonly call it “human trafficking” or “commercial sexual exploitation,” but it is slavery,
and it affects more people today than ever in human history—and it is spreading fast

Executive Summary link

The report states about 1 out of every 150 people in the world is trapped in slavery.
People who watch inappropriate content on the internet contributes to this machine. Even the N.B.A.
In actuality, slavery continued in the U.S. until around 1940. It just took on a different form called the peonage or “rent a convict “ system.

In the south, blacks would get arrested, (often BS arrests), and then they would be told by the Judge they must either pay a fine or go to jail. A “kind” white person would offer to pay the fine in exchange for the black person’s labor. The white person was entitled to treat the black person like a slave, even chaining him up and whipping him.

In the old south, only wealthy plantation owners could afford slaves. This system made slavery affordable to the middle class man.

Another interesting fact, is that to this very day, Arabic speaking people refer to black people with the word”abeed” which means “slave.”

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Executive Summary link

Indeed both abortion and slavery still exist on earth in certain places

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 12:10 Worldly "kindness" can be a snare.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 Christians should believe that having a job, profession or trade instills self worth, and helps families, and communities.
Some in government, would like to pay those who are 'unwilling to work', and they feel that is being compassionate to them. That, is not always the case: Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal offers 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'

Upvote 0