✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
NYTimes
"More than half of the bogus Georgia electors who were convened in December 2020 to try to keep former President Donald J. Trump in power have taken immunity deals in the investigation into election interference there, according to a court filing on Friday and people with knowledge of the inquiry."
This is after the lawyer representing a number of witnesses neglected to tell their clients about the immunity deal the DA had offered. To wit:

"In April, Ms. Willis sought to have Kimberly B. Debrow, then a lawyer for 10 of the 16 Trump electors, thrown off the proceedings. According to a motion filed at the time by Ms. Willis’s office, some of the electors recently told prosecutors that Ms. Debrow and another lawyer, Holly Pierson, had not informed them of offers of immunity in exchange for cooperation that prosecutors made last year."
This doesn't bold well for those the Georgia DA has her sights on. Fake electors were part of the scheme given Trump's statement of, “Just say it was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen.” They don't offer immunity if the value of the information doesn't warrant an immunity offer. Not only that, I would bet dollars to donuts the attorneys representing those witnesses who weren't told about the immunity offer, are being paid for by Trump. That is if donuts don't already cost more than a dollar?

• Informative
Reactions: Mike from NJ

Mike from NJ

Jun 25, 2021
Lakewood
✟60,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the article. I'm wondering if the fact that those two lawyers didn't present the immunity deal to their clients is them trying to keep those clients who wouldn't accept the deal free, or if it's a testament to the caliber of Trump lawyers (like the ones he hired to present the so-called election fraud case to various courts right after the election).

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
NYTimes
"More than half of the bogus Georgia electors who were convened in December 2020 to try to keep former President Donald J. Trump in power have taken immunity deals in the investigation into election interference there, according to a court filing on Friday and people with knowledge of the inquiry."
This is after the lawyer representing a number of witnesses neglected to tell their clients about the immunity deal the DA had offered. To wit:

"In April, Ms. Willis sought to have Kimberly B. Debrow, then a lawyer for 10 of the 16 Trump electors, thrown off the proceedings. According to a motion filed at the time by Ms. Willis’s office, some of the electors recently told prosecutors that Ms. Debrow and another lawyer, Holly Pierson, had not informed them of offers of immunity in exchange for cooperation that prosecutors made last year."
This doesn't bold well for those the Georgia DA has her sights on. Fake electors were part of the scheme given Trump's statement of, “Just say it was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen.” They don't offer immunity if the value of the information doesn't warrant an immunity offer. Not only that, I would bet dollars to donuts the attorneys representing those witnesses who weren't told about the immunity offer, are being paid for by Trump. That is if donuts don't already cost more than a dollar?
I see a wrist slap for failing to inform their clients of such an offer.
(If they have been paid by a Trump-enitity, jail-time!)
[ETA: I recently had a $2.50 doughnut that I immediately bought four more of]

Upvote 0