Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
A point that was raised in my Bible study class on Sunday was so good and simple, I just had to post it here.

If the world followed the Bible's code on morality there would be no abortions, no broken homes, no STD's (herpes today, gonorrhoea tomorrow), no adultery and other horrible things that happen as a result of a lack of morals.

Do you agree or disagree? Any thoughts.

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
For this to truly work we would need to be living in a perfect world.

This world is not perfect.

If there were no abortions and do bear in mind a sponetneous abortion is the medical term for a miscarriage there would be be more parents grieving over the reality that was formed that has torn apart their dreams. For them to miscarry their dream and keep it as a dream rather than confront the additional heartbreak of the nightmare the dream became is kinder.

Some fetal abnormaties are called 'life incompatible' for a reason.

To say there would be no abortions is to say we have control over the start and end of life.

Further if no abortions happened woman who suffered HELLP;grade 4 placenta previa and similar life threatening conditions would be unable to deliver early on the grounds their would be significant risk to the baby.
If the mother dies the risk to the baby is immense.
The ethical consideration is two will die if we do nothing or one could survive.

Homes are broken by natural disasters that can and do tear families apart.

Not all STDs are simply sexually transmitted. What if one gave blood not knowing one had an active infection and passed it to another who had taken no risks ever.

Perhaps if more focussed on God and less on themselves that would be a good place to begin but in this world it would not resolve the problem of 'natural evil'. [technical phrase covers natural disasters et al]

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First of all, it depends on which part of the Bible would be followed... if it was the Old Testament, then a lot of bad things would be happening. But if everyone followed the teachings about loving others, then the world would be a much better place than it is now. :) But it wouldn't be perfect, since not all bad things in the world result from lack of morality. And not everything you listed there would disappear too, for example abortions... they are sometimes needed in the case when the pregnancy results in some big health risk. In that case, the abortion doesn't result from immorality.

Upvote 0

Iskra

May 7, 2008
Stockholm
✟15,212.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Maybe we shouldn't focus in making the world a paradise for ourselves but instead start doing Gods will by following the words from matt 25:40, to help our weakest, we would be on a good start towards a better world. When we have no weaker brothers we can start worrying about our own salvation.

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. And for those that talk of "fetal abnormalities"
I believe much of that is as a result of immorality as
well, but that is just my opinion.

Problem is, we don't live in a perfect world, and the world
is not interested in God's morals.

Sad thing is, it is going to get worse between now and the time of judgment, not better.
Even now we have people preaching immorality in the name of Jesus. Such deceived ones,
will sadly hear the words from Jesus to "depart from me, you who work iniquity, I never knew you."
if they do not repent of their ways, while grace is to be found....

A point that was raised in my Bible study class on Sunday was so good and simple, I just had to post it here.

If the world followed the Bible's code on morality there would be no abortions, no broken homes, no STD's (herpes today, gonorrhoea tomorrow), no adultery and other horrible things that happen as a result of a lack of morals.

Do you agree or disagree? Any thoughts.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Iamreedemed.

Fetal abnormalties that are life incompatable for the fetus that normally result in include acardiac, (no heart but may parasite to a viable twin) acephalus (no head and poorly formed) ; cervical spina bifida, anencepaly (no skull often no brain) potters sequence (no kidneys therefore little or no amniotic fluid and therefore the lungs fail to develop)

None of the above are the result of the parents immorality, they are often one offs or congenital. Some neural tube defects can be helped by taking the recommended daily amount of folic acid before conception and during the first 12 weeks.

HELLP and Eclampsia kill mothers unless the baby is immeadiatly delivered regardless of the gestation.

This world is far form perfect and Christ came because God so loved those who suffer in this imperfect world.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.