Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I find the posts that try to explain why it's not are more helpful & in line w/ the OP than the ones that just laugh at the OP for asking.

I hope my posts address the OP. We may have gotten a bit off topic with COVID, but it was only for purposes of comparison to Monkey Pox. We certainly didn't intend to ridicule the OP for asking, but were trying to provide scientific insights to help answer the question.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. (Revelation 16:2 NIV)

Do you guys think that the emerging monkeypox cases are related to this passage in scripture? If so, I'm doomed cuz I took the vax.

Discuss
monkeypox has been around for a while and most recover from it, of course, like with any virus those with underlying health conditions have a greater risk. it's contagious but it can be contained easier than something like respiratory viruses like COVID because it's not airborne. I would say a greater contender for what is described in Revelation 16:2 would have been smallpox as it's more serve but then you need to reconcile that these pox family viruses do not discriminate whereas in Revelation 16:2 there is clear discrimination.

People seem to forget that revelation is an allegory (in many cases very clear allegory) instead people prefer to hyper literalize the text. I'm not quite sure how a super virus could affect only those who have the mark and of course, the "mark" itself could be biological in nature like a vaccine, but vaccines are not inherently good/evil so something like that would need to be conditionally based somehow by rejecting God in order to receive this "mark" that would later inflict upon them a deadly virus. That's a lot of conjecture and we are not there yet. But as an allegory, Rev 16:2 could mean anything and may not literally be "festering sores". I think the Church is very distracted by events like these that they lose focus. Even if monkeypox is the first bowl poured out how does that change our mission? Because nothing has really changed, except that there is now greater need which means there is greater opportunity.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. (Revelation 16:2 NIV)

Do you guys think that the emerging monkeypox cases are related to this passage in scripture? If so, I'm doomed cuz I took the vax.

Discuss

No because the vax is not the mark of the beast. Study scripture so as to not be taken in. When you look at scripture look at all scriptures about a subject not just one or you won't get the full picture.
In particular:

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand,
The mark is connected to worship. Where you commanded or did you go and worship the vaccine or those giving it or those who developed it? You will know if worship is being demanded of you. This indicates a choice, to worship the beast and his image or refuse to worship.

What you can take away though is this:

Luke 21:11
There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
Disease or pestilence is part of the last days along with many other things.Covid and maybe this monkeypox are simply sign posts along the way.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do you think you are doomed for a vaccination?

Because I don't know exactly what's in it. It could have fallen angel mRNA or something like that in it for all I know. But I suppose this is a stretch.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Do you guys think that the emerging monkeypox cases are related to this passage in scripture?

No, I don't believe so. If these are end-time events, I think it's more likely what Christ spoke of in Matthew 24:7 since there's current talk of the other components as well (world war, famine). Seems we're just missing an earthquake outbreak. In Mark 13:8, he calls it "the beginning of sorrows"

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Mat 24:7

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. Mark 13:8

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Because I don't know exactly what's in it. It could have fallen angel mRNA or something like that in it for all I know. But I suppose this is a stretch.
That’s a stretch. I have yet to see conclusive data on fertility after Covid vaccination. I’m waiting for that data.

Upvote 0