✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
1045px-Descent_of_the_Modernists,_E._J._Pace,_Christian_Cartoons,_1922.jpg

Yesterday, I asked a what Modernism is, and I provided a bit information on it, including two long videos and an even longer video series. I decided to set up this thread here, where we can post information and resources on the heresy of modernism so that people can have quick reference to information on modernism, be able to build up, an immunity against it.

To define modernism quickly, I'd say that modernism is the belief that the purpose of the Catholic Church is not to lead people to an intimate and loving union with God, as established by Jesus Christ. But rather, the purpose of the Catholic of Church, according to modernists to harness the religious emotions of humanity in order to establish a good social order. Modernism rejects absolutes and a rational approach to religion, it has an obsession with evolution and believes that dogmas and doctrines can evolve. Historically, Modernism has been very materialistic and has rejected miracles and various traditions, however recently, there have been shifts among modernists and now a lot of modernist have embrace new age-like beliefs, such as pantheism.

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here's the resources I have so far, regarding Modernism:

Fr. Smith talks a bit about Modernism in his Vatican II series here:
Fr. Smith's Vatican 2 Series | Christian Forums

And here's William H. Marshner on Modernism's long videos on the history of Modernism

• Informative
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday, I asked a what Modernism is, and I provided a bit information on it, including two long videos and an even longer video series. I decided to set up this thread here, where we can post information and resources on the heresy of modernism so that people can have quick reference to information on modernism, be able to build up, an immunity against it.

To define modernism quickly, I'd say that modernism is the belief that the purpose of the Catholic Church is not to lead people to an intimate and loving union with God, as established by Jesus Christ. But rather, the purpose of the Catholic of Church, according to modernists to harness the religious emotions of humanity in order to establish a good social order. Modernism rejects absolutes and a rational approach to religion, it has an obsession with evolution and believes that dogmas and doctrines can evolve. Historically, Modernism has been very materialistic and has rejected miracles and various traditions, however recently, there have been shifts among modernists and now a lot of modernist have embrace new age-like beliefs, such as pantheism.

Good graphic!

Notice that this will include some in time who attend church 'religiously', but don't put Christ as the center of their focus. Some will fail as He said in Matthew chapter 7, verses 24-27.

Upvote 0