Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Summary. Anti-Trump Moderate realizes that the policies and even morals he supports don't actually help the working class...but rather strangle the middle class...and make life difficult for everyone but the overeducated wealthy.

There's a fair amount I agree with here (though not all) but perhaps the best example I can think of that he missed is the multi-billion dollar DEI bureaucracy created for the children of the wealthy who pursued generally worthless degrees. As they literally add nothing to the economy....one would imagine this group of employees to be extremely low paid, and increasingly removed from the workplace....but the opposite happened. A beauracracy of people who literally just act as morality police and advise employers on how to successfully get around civil rights discrimination laws should have been about as popular as a 3rd degree burn....yet they not only expanded, they thrived, due to rampant support from the propagandists, political left, and bloated useless unions like our biggest teachers' union.

The idea of someone making ten or hundreds of thousands to tell employees how they're a bunch of racist and immoral bigots (particularly teachers, who I hear recently got a raise to 35k a year in my birth state) and hasn't shown any improvement in productivity or workplace satisfaction....or really improvement of any kind. Contrarily, they've led to a lot of embarrassing presentation slides and speeches that find their way to the internet and increasingly common discrimination lawsuits won by straight white men.

So why did this become a billion dollar industry? Because all the working components are the brainchildren or literally the children of the 1%. They don't want their little princess or junior to not be able to pay off the fancy gender studies degree from Yale so it's in their best interest to create these do-nothing jobs that just create resentment and division.

That's just my take though....thoughts?

Last edited:

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Summary. Anti-Trump Democrat realizes that the policies and even morals he supports don't actually help the working class...but rather strangle the middle class...and make life difficult for everyone but the overeducated wealthy.

There's a fair amount I agree with here (though not all) but perhaps the best example I can think of that he missed is the multi-billion dollar DEI bureaucracy created for the children of the wealthy who pursued generally worthless degrees. As they literally add nothing to the economy....one would imagine this group of employees to be extremely low paid, and increasingly removed from the workplace....but the opposite happened. A beauracracy of people who literally just act as morality police and advise employers on how to successfully get around civil rights discrimination laws should have been about as popular as a 3rd degree burn....yet they not only expanded, they thrived, due to rampant support from the propagandists, political left, and bloated useless unions like our biggest teachers' union.

The idea of someone making ten or hundreds of thousands to tell employees how they're a bunch of racist and immoral bigots (particularly teachers, who I hear recently got a raise to 35k a year in my birth state) and hasn't shown any improvement in productivity or workplace satisfaction....or really improvement of any kind. Contrarily, they've led to a lot of embarrassing presentation slides and speeches that find their way to the internet and increasingly common discrimination lawsuits won by straight white men.

So why did this become a billion dollar industry? Because all the working components are the brainchildren or literally the children of the 1%. They don't want their little princess or junior to not be able to pay off the fancy gender studies degree from Yale so it's in their best interest to create these do-nothing jobs that just create resentment and division.

That's just my take though....thoughts?
Not sure I understand the reasoning here. If this is truly a class issue, working class versus the elite rich, then why would a large section of the working class be so strongly, ardently, and even irrationally, behind Donald Trump, who could easily be the poster child for the privileged?

I mean sure, he claims he's for the average person....but nothing about what he has done, or continues to do, shows that in any way whatsoever.

Is the point of the article that the working class are just that stupid? I don't buy that.

Or is it saying that it's just Trump followers who are stupid?

-- A2SG, hmmm....that could be......

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not sure I understand the reasoning here. If this is truly a class issue, working class versus the elite rich, then why would a large section of the working class be so strongly, ardently, and even irrationally, behind Donald Trump, who could easily be the poster child for the privileged?

Primarily because he seems to expose all their flaws. Look at the lengths they went to defeat him in the election (collusion between legacy media and former intelligence officials, collusion between the FBI and social media, the big celebration talking about the massive coordinated effort to beat Trump behind the scenes, and all for what? To put in some half senile and extremely corrupt walking corpse?) during his time in office the NYT went from a respected media outlet to full blown propaganda machine.

I mean sure, he claims he's for the average person....but nothing about what he has done, or continues to do, shows that in any way whatsoever.

Well he did try to curtail illegal immigration. He ended a pointless war that had been continuing since the Bush administration. Otherwise, yeah...very little done...except for the economic upturn which was half his cutbacks to regulation and half his predecessors' economic policy.

Is the point of the article that the working class are just that stupid? I don't buy that.

No it's that the Democrats don't help anyone but themselves, despite their insistence of moralizing all the time and support of corrupt collectivist movements....what have they actually done? The support for BLM resulted in riots destroying the communities of the same people they claimed to want to help. The relaxing of laws around bail and shoplifting have sent businesses packing in cities like San Francisco, Chicago, New York, etc. They've left those communities destitute despite implementing them to help those communities.

Or is it saying that it's just Trump followers who are stupid?

-- A2SG, hmmm....that could be......

I think it's saying that Trump supporters realize the left doesn't actually help anyone but the upper class....and Trump, despite being upper class, makes them upset and generally exposes their flaws. Plus there's the fact that unlike ohhh....Hillary Clinton (0%) and Joe Biden (0%) Trump actually spends a considerable amount of his own money on his campaigns (70% was the highest estimate) so he isn't entirely beholden to his campaign donors.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Primarily because he seems to expose all their flaws. Look at the lengths they went to defeat him in the election (collusion between legacy media and former intelligence officials, collusion between the FBI and social media, the big celebration talking about the massive coordinated effort to beat Trump behind the scenes, and all for what? To put in some half senile and extremely corrupt walking corpse?) during his time in office the NYT went from a respected media outlet to full blown propaganda machine.
I think it says something that this "half senile and extremely corrupt walking corpse" got more votes than Trump did. Shows that a lot of people would rather have anyone in office rather than Trump.

Which says a lot for his supposed "populist" appeal, don't cha think?

Well he did try to curtail illegal immigration.
And how does that benefit working class Americans, exactly? Illegal immigrants don't usually take jobs away from working class people, they take the jobs working class Americans don't want. Jobs, by the way, that actually do benefit people who own businesses like hotels and such, who often do use illegal immigrants and pay exceptionally low wages...because undocumented workers can't complain, due to fears of being reported.

He ended a pointless war that had been continuing since the Bush administration. Otherwise, yeah...very little done...except for the economic upturn which was half his cutbacks to regulation and half his predecessors' economic policy.
Cutbacks to regulation don't benefit working class Americans, they benefit company owners who don't like things like safety regulations to affect their profits. Look at the recent train derailment in Pennsylvania, caused by brakes that hadn't been improved on since the Civil War.

No it's that the Democrats don't help anyone but themselves, despite their insistence of moralizing all the time and support of corrupt collectivist movements....what have they actually done? The support for BLM resulted in riots destroying the communities of the same people they claimed to want to help. The relaxing of laws around bail and shoplifting have sent businesses packing in cities like San Francisco, Chicago, New York, etc. They've left those communities destitute despite implementing them to help those communities.
I'm not here to defend the Democratic party, but I will say that, despite its many problems, it's still does more to defend working class Americans than the GOP does.

Granted, that's a pretty low bar. GOP policies seem aimed to benefit rich people exclusively.

I think it's saying that Trump supporters realize the left doesn't actually help anyone but the upper class....
I think they try more than the GOP does. Things like student loan forgiveness would help working class families, for example. And health care reform would be an enormous benefit...if they could actually get it right for a change, instead of using an old conservative plan that benefits the for-profit health insurance industry more, like the ACA.

and Trump, despite being upper class, makes them upset and generally exposes their flaws.
Seems to me he's more interested in riding the wave of his supporters' racism and xenophobia to demonize everyone else.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to....

Plus there's the fact that unlike ohhh....Hillary Clinton (0%) and Joe Biden (0%) Trump actually spends a considerable amount of his own money on his campaigns (70% was the highest estimate) so he isn't entirely beholden to his campaign donors.
Expect for the PACs that he uses liberally to pay his legal expenses.

Which are growing.

Also, Trump has personally done very well as president, making up to $160 million from international business dealings while president, not to mention the millions he made off the Secret Service who were required to stay at his properties to protect him.

So, it's not like he's losing money on the deal.

-- A2SG, which only proves Trump learned the lessons of PT Barnum....

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Summary. Anti-Trump Democrat..
The story is by David Brooks, a conservative political and cultural commentator who is a never-Trump moderate Republican.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The story is by David Brooks, a conservative political and cultural commentator who is a never-Trump moderate Republican.

My mistake, the railing against meritocracy and Anti-Trump positions along with seemingly support for Democratic Party positions (immigration, progressive wordplay, etc).....

Still, I don't see anything about him being conservative in the NYT op-ed that he wrote and furthermore, it doesn't state he's a conservative or Republican in the NYT page about him. How do you know he's a conservative?

From NYT....

David Brooks became an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times in September 2003. His column appears every Tuesday and Friday. He is currently a commentator on “PBS NewsHour,” NPR’s “All Things Considered” and NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
He is the author of “Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There” and “On Paradise Drive: How We Live Now (And Always Have) in the Future Tense.” In March 2011 he came out with his third book, “The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement,” which was a No. 1 New York Times best seller.
Mr. Brooks also teaches at Yale University, and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Given that he seems to only write for left wing outlets and his June 29th op-ed on Biden is nothing but praise and how Biden deserves more credit....I'm curious where he states he's a conservative Republican.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My mistake, the railing against meritocracy and Anti-Trump positions along with seemingly support for Democratic Party positions (immigration, progressive wordplay, etc).....

Still, I don't see anything about him being conservative in the NYT op-ed that he wrote and furthermore, it doesn't state he's a conservative or Republican in the NYT page about him. How do you know he's a conservative?

From NYT....

David Brooks became an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times in September 2003. His column appears every Tuesday and Friday. He is currently a commentator on “PBS NewsHour,” NPR’s “All Things Considered” and NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
He is the author of “Bobos in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There” and “On Paradise Drive: How We Live Now (And Always Have) in the Future Tense.” In March 2011 he came out with his third book, “The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement,” which was a No. 1 New York Times best seller.
Mr. Brooks also teaches at Yale University, and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Given that he seems to only write for left wing outlets and his June 29th op-ed on Biden is nothing but praise and how Biden deserves more credit....I'm curious where he states he's a conservative Republican.
David Brooks | Biography & Facts

(from link)
Brooks was widely regarded as a moderate conservative. Although he agreed with neoconservatives that the United States should use its military might to advance its interests abroad, he supported limited government regulation of the economy and even championed some liberal causes, such as same-sex marriage.

from wiki
Brooks has described himself as a "moderate", and said in a 2017 interview that "[one] of [his] callings is to represent a certain moderate Republican Whig political philosophy.

iirc he was a John McCain supporter.
That said, he's a 'never trumper' so recent party loyalty could be in flux.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think it says something that this "half senile and extremely corrupt walking corpse" got more votes than Trump did. Shows that a lot of people would rather have anyone in office rather than Trump.

Which says a lot for his supposed "populist" appeal, don't cha think?

Biden ran on a return to normalcy (failed) and a moderate platform (failed) economic stability (failed) and a bevy of other promises that quite simply failed....and that's got nothing on his Afghanistan failure or his billions sent to the Ukraine.

Currently, he's losing to Trump in the polls.

And how does that benefit working class Americans, exactly?

If you don't understand economics, I can't really hope to explain it to you on here...but it's not a controversial position.

Cutbacks to regulation don't benefit working class Americans, they benefit company owners who don't like things like safety regulations to affect their profits.

Well they also drive profits for investors, few people have traditional retirement packages, more people have 401ks. I'm not saying deregulation is everything.

I'm not here to defend the Democratic party, but I will say that, despite its many problems, it's still does more to defend working class Americans than the GOP does.

The Democratic Party supported BLM and left wing propaganda gave outsized attention to the tiny number of questionable police shootings that drove the hundreds of riots and 5 billion in damages to communities and small businesses in 2020. They supported the shutting down of countless small businesses during covid, killed many small business owners' livelihoods in the process, and their criminal justice policies have led to a wave of shoplifting that has caused entire food deserts in the very same communities they claim to help.

One could argue that literally doing nothing would have resulted in better outcomes than the progressive policies of places like Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and NY.

Granted, that's a pretty low bar. GOP policies seem aimed to benefit rich people exclusively.

I'm sure you believe that.

I think they try more than the GOP does. Things like student loan forgiveness would help working class families, for example.

By shifting the debt burden to working class families that in many cases, didn't go to college?

And health care reform would be an enormous benefit...if they could actually get it right for a change,

They aren't running on healthcare reform. They're running on vaccine mandates for questionable vaccines and trans-ing 5yo children with experimental meds.
Seems to me he's more interested in riding the wave of his supporters' racism and xenophobia to demonize everyone else.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to....

That's interesting, because it's the left that wants to teach children about the evil white race, push fake history texts like the 1619 project, loses racial discrimination lawsuits (farmer's loans), and generally wants to roll back civil rights so they can push racial hiring quotas (like California).

But hey, let's not also forget how they destroyed small business in black communities, chased off big businesses, and ran up crime and homelessness.

Expect for the PACs that he uses liberally to pay his legal expenses.

Which are growing.

Also, Trump has personally done very well as president, making up to $160 million from international business dealings while president, not to mention the millions he made off the Secret Service who were required to stay at his properties to protect him.

So, it's not like he's losing money on the deal.

-- A2SG, which only proves Trump learned the lessons of PT Barnum....

True. As the IRS whistleblowers pointed out "we know what businesses Trump and his family has, what they do, and how they make money. We don't know what the Biden family businesses do...or what services or products they get paid millions of dollars by foreign investors for."

I'm paraphrasing of course, but it's gonna be an interesting election year in 2024. I don't think they can hide Biden away in the basement again and hope to win against Trump. Any unproven allegations against him will just be a reminder of the Russian disinformation/collusion stories that wasted money, time, and turned out to be baseless. I'd be surprised if the left can sell that story again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
David Brooks | Biography & Facts

(from link)
Brooks was widely regarded as a moderate conservative. Although he agreed with neoconservatives that the United States should use its military might to advance its interests abroad, he supported limited government regulation of the economy and even championed some liberal causes, such as same-sex marriage.

from wiki
Brooks has described himself as a "moderate", and said in a 2017 interview that "[one] of [his] callings is to represent a certain moderate Republican Whig political philosophy.

iirc he was a John McCain supporter.
That said, he's a 'never trumper' so recent party loyalty could be in flux.

Yeah I'm not convinced that the Britannica article that doesn't have a citation is accurate but since that does appear to be a quote....I'll edit the OP and see if I can alter the title.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden ran on a return to normalcy (failed) and a moderate platform (failed) economic stability (failed) and a bevy of other promises that quite simply failed....and that's got nothing on his Afghanistan failure or his billions sent to the Ukraine.

Currently, he's losing to Trump in the polls.

And yet...many, myself included, would still rather he remain president than vote for Trump.

More than will vote for Trump, I suspect. And hope.

If you don't understand economics, I can't really hope to explain it to you on here...but it's not a controversial position.

I understand economics fine. It's the contention that illegal immigrants take a significant number of jobs from working class Americans I don't get.

Well they also drive profits for investors, few people have traditional retirement packages, more people have 401ks. I'm not saying deregulation is everything.
And you're also not saying it benefits working people.

The Democratic Party supported BLM and left wing propaganda gave outsized attention to the tiny number of questionable police shootings that drove the hundreds of riots and 5 billion in damages to communities and small businesses in 2020. They supported the shutting down of countless small businesses during covid, killed many small business owners' livelihoods in the process, and their criminal justice policies have led to a wave of shoplifting that has caused entire food deserts in the very same communities they claim to help.

One could argue that literally doing nothing would have resulted in better outcomes than the progressive policies of places like Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and NY.
Again, not here to defend the Democratic Party...but none of that says a word against what I said: despite its many problems, the Democratic Party still does more to defend working class Americans than the GOP does.

I'm sure you believe that.
I'd say there's ample evidence to support it. The main goal of the modern GOP is to give tax cuts to rich people. I can't think of any GOP policies that directly benefit working class Americans.

Or even try to.

By shifting the debt burden to working class families that in many cases, didn't go to college?
How, exactly, does forgiving student loan debt burden those who don't incur the debt?

They aren't running on healthcare reform. They're running on vaccine mandates for questionable vaccines and trans-ing 5yo children with experimental meds.
I know they're not running on healthcare reform, but they should be. The for-profit medical insurance industry, which the ACA was a boon to, takes billions of dollars out of the healthcare industry and puts it squarely in the pockets of shareholders. If we had a single payer system, people would pay a lot less, and get a lot more actual health care.

That's interesting, because it's the left that wants to teach children about the evil white race, push fake history texts like the 1619 project, loses racial discrimination lawsuits (farmer's loans), and generally wants to roll back civil rights so they can push racial hiring quotas (like California).

But hey, let's not also forget how they destroyed small business in black communities, chased off big businesses, and ran up crime and homelessness.
Sorry, but I don't speak for "the left", only myself.

True. As the IRS whistleblowers pointed out "we know what businesses Trump and his family has, what they do, and how they make money. We don't know what the Biden family businesses do...or what services or products they get paid millions of dollars by foreign investors for."
So? How does one make the other better?

Remember...I'm not a Biden booster. If a better candidate for president were running on the democratic ticket, I'd likely vote for that person instead...but so long as it's a choice between Biden and Trump, well, Biden's clearly the better choice.

Then again, so's a cheese sandwich.

I'm paraphrasing of course, but it's gonna be an interesting election year in 2024. I don't think they can hide Biden away in the basement again and hope to win against Trump. Any unproven allegations against him will just be a reminder of the Russian disinformation/collusion stories that wasted money, time, and turned out to be baseless. I'd be surprised if the left can sell that story again.
I think Trump and his legal team has more things to worry about than his proven and verified ties with Russia.

But, let's not forget, even if he is convicted of the crimes he's been indicted for, he can still run for president. Eugene V. Debs did it, so did Lyndon LaRouche.

-- A2SG, let's hope he does as well as those guys did.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet...many, myself included, would still rather he remain president than vote for Trump.

I'm sure.

More than will vote for Trump, I suspect. And hope.

It's possible, but it's not looking great.

I understand economics fine. It's the contention that illegal immigrants take a significant number of jobs from working class Americans I don't get.

Ok...describe what sort of jobs illegals get. I don't mean in the cliche leftist "jobs nobody wants" way. Describe the actual jobs. Describe why nobody wants them.

And you're also not saying it benefits working people.

Any working people who have any sort of retirement investments benefitted under Trump. It was a nosedive on like....week 1....and then historic highs the rest of the administration, until covid at least, but I can't blame that on him.

Again, not here to defend the Democratic Party...but none of that says a word against what I said: despite its many problems, the Democratic Party still does more to defend working class Americans than the GOP does.

It's literally destroying the working class with identity politics. The last time the left was pursuing class based politics was during Occupy Wall Street and Obama snuck in a healthcare band aid in his first term....then the corporate buyout of the left was finished and it's been identity politics turning working class people against each other since then. Just racism and sexism and anti-nationalism and anti-universalism since then.

I'd say there's ample evidence to support it. The main goal of the modern GOP is to give tax cuts to rich people. I can't think of any GOP policies that directly benefit working class Americans.

How about a fact based public education for children and defending your basic civil rights?

Or even try to.

They've been pro-police.

How, exactly, does forgiving student loan debt burden those who don't incur the debt?

I thought you understood economics.

The debt doesn't magically disappear. What do you think happens when they cancel debt? The money was paid by a bank. Do you think the bank just doesn't get their money back lol?

I know they're not running on healthcare reform, but they should be.

That's pre-corporate buyout Democratic Party. Post buyout Democratic Party says "let's protect big pharma and help them sell these risky and largely unnecessary vaccines".

The for-profit medical insurance industry, which the ACA was a boon to, takes billions of dollars out of the healthcare industry and puts it squarely in the pockets of shareholders. If we had a single payer system, people would pay a lot less, and get a lot more actual health care.

Thank you...I actually know how the single payer system works. I'm a little hesitant about what's happening in Canada though. I'd prefer the single payer market be competitive with the private insurer market so alternatives are available should our single payer go the way Canada's has and start suggesting medically assisted suicide for every stubbed toe....and you'd still need to close off the border and exclude the tens of millions of illegals from public healthcare unless you want to go the way of the UK.

Sorry, but I don't speak for "the left", only myself.

Yeah but you're pretty far left, right?

So? How does one make the other better?

You're the one voting for Biden should the opportunity arise. You tell me.

Remember...I'm not a Biden booster. If a better candidate for president were running on the democratic ticket,

Can you think of one? I recall the last time I asked someone this and they said "John Fetterman"....no joke. I've seen others say Gavin Newsome and it's astonishing when you consider how he's literally destroyed his state's economy, destroyed law and order, become a haven for homelessness and drug abuse, and generally oversaw the near complete destruction of what used to be a prosperous state.

I'd likely vote for that person instead...but so long as it's a choice between Biden and Trump, well, Biden's clearly the better choice.

Why?

Then again, so's a cheese sandwich.

Why? Seriously. It can't be issues of corruption or classified docs....Biden realistically outpaces or at least is even with Trump on those. I'd like to call it even but we didn't have dozens upon dozens of working class federal agents blowing the whistle on Trump. I can only recall one or two under Trump. Trump had the FBI and DOJ investigating basically everything he'd ever done based on rumor....we have explicit evidence of Biden almost certainly taking bribes and all the whistleblowers agree there's little interest in any real investigation. If the FBI went after Biden the way they did Trump I don't think he'd finish his term....but perhaps keeping Harris out of the presidency is a good thing. She makes Fetterman almost sound coherent.

I think Trump and his legal team has more things to worry about than his proven and verified ties with Russia.

You're linking an article from 2017 speculating about things we know about. No illegal ties to Russia were found. At worst, Trump and associates may have obstructed an investigation that shouldn't have happened.

But, let's not forget, even if he is convicted of the crimes he's been indicted for, he can still run for president. Eugene V. Debs did it, so did Lyndon LaRouche.

-- A2SG, let's hope he does as well as those guys did.....

I don't think it would be good to elect Trump behind bars....because if he was elected he may gut the federal beauracracy and spend his entire term throwing people behind bars....not great for national morale. However, the one thing I can say is I know what I get with Trump. If he says he's going to stop the flow of illegal immigration....he's going to spend his efforts doing that, regardless of how many people on capitol hill try to stop him. If he says he doesn't want to get us involved in any new wars....we won't get in any new wars. There's some effort to deliver on his campaign platforms....as sparse and meager as they may be....

What do I get if I voted for Biden? Who knows. He's not writing those policies....he's not nominating those candidates for his cabinet or judiciary. He ran on a moderate position he didn't pursue. He's not writing those executive orders he signs. Who is running this administration? If I had to guess...some far left anti-Christian man hating anti-white racist whose goals seem to be, in order....

1. Partnering big tech to silence and defame anyone who disagrees with the party narrative.

2. Indoctrinate children in public schools with left wing propaganda regardless of truth.

3. Weaponizing federal agencies against political opposition and political speech.

4. Continue to erode civil rights and push racist DEI policies that are nothing more than a modern set of Jim Crow policies.

5. Continuing robbing the middle class and then offering them goodies and freebies they don't deliver on after elections.

Of course, that's just how it looks. I'll at least consider it possible these are just unintended consequences of rampant idiocy and bad policy.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure.

It's possible, but it's not looking great.
I guess we will see. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure Biden would win last time either...I never had a lot of confidence in him as a candidate. I'm just glad there were enough people who saw the disaster Trump was as president and voted against him. I hope they haven't forgotten in the interim...certainly, there is even more proof of that than there was before January 6th.

Ok...describe what sort of jobs illegals get. I don't mean in the cliche leftist "jobs nobody wants" way. Describe the actual jobs. Describe why nobody wants them.
The kind of jobs that, if you complain about the working conditions or the pay, you can be turned over to the authorities. For example.

Any working people who have any sort of retirement investments benefitted under Trump. It was a nosedive on like....week 1....and then historic highs the rest of the administration, until covid at least, but I can't blame that on him.
No, I agree you can't blame Trump for covid. But you can blame him for the response to it. Remember how he thought ingesting bleach would cure it?

It's literally destroying the working class with identity politics. The last time the left was pursuing class based politics was during Occupy Wall Street and Obama snuck in a healthcare band aid in his first term....then the corporate buyout of the left was finished and it's been identity politics turning working class people against each other since then. Just racism and sexism and anti-nationalism and anti-universalism since then.
Again, not here to defend the Democratic Party. I'm just saying I prefer them to the alternative.

You know, the party that prefers to try and outlaw drag queens and limit the health care choices for trans people instead of actually governing.

How about a fact based public education for children
You may want to check with Ron DeSantis about that. He's trying very hard to make sure the facts he doesn't like aren't part of that education.

and defending your basic civil rights?
Well, except for those who are queer, or trans, or wish to make their own reproductive health care decisions.

They've been pro-police.
I don't know anyone who wants to do away with the police. Some wish they'd do a better job of actually policing...but that's hardly the same thing.

I thought you understood economics.

The debt doesn't magically disappear. What do you think happens when they cancel debt? The money was paid by a bank. Do you think the bank just doesn't get their money back lol?
Still unclear on your contention that this directly burdens those who don't incur debt.

That's pre-corporate buyout Democratic Party. Post buyout Democratic Party says "let's protect big pharma and help them sell these risky and largely unnecessary vaccines".
As I've said before, I'm not here to defend the Democratic Party...and I'm sure as heck not here to defend big pharma.

Thank you...I actually know how the single payer system works. I'm a little hesitant about what's happening in Canada though. I'd prefer the single payer market be competitive with the private insurer market so alternatives are available should our single payer go the way Canada's has and start suggesting medically assisted suicide for every stubbed toe....and you'd still need to close off the border and exclude the tens of millions of illegals from public healthcare unless you want to go the way of the UK.
Come up with a workable plan, and we'll talk.

But saying that a single-payer system isn't perfect isn't a good enough reason to retain what he currently have, which has many, many problems as it is. Chief among them, the fact that one major illness can utterly bankrupt entire families...while huge for-profit insurance companies make billions of dollars in profit every year.

Yeah but you're pretty far left, right?
Guess it depends on how you define it. I don't adhere to any specific criteria or follow any checklist. I prefer to make up my own mind about things.

You're the one voting for Biden should the opportunity arise. You tell me.
Biden's a better choice than Trump. Then again, if Trump were running against a cheese sandwich, I'd vote for the sandwich.

Can you think of one? I recall the last time I asked someone this and they said "John Fetterman"....no joke. I've seen others say Gavin Newsome and it's astonishing when you consider how he's literally destroyed his state's economy, destroyed law and order, become a haven for homelessness and drug abuse, and generally oversaw the near complete destruction of what used to be a prosperous state.
Don't know much about those guys, to be honest. I do like Corey Booker, or Sherrod Brown, and I'd also like to see Liz Warren take a stab at it...though, she has a few problems to overcome on that front. Still, I like what she stands for.

'Cuz he ain't Trump.

Why? Seriously. It can't be issues of corruption or classified docs....Biden realistically outpaces or at least is even with Trump on those.
Let's see....when Biden's office found he had classified documents in his possession, in storage, they returned them. When Trump was asked to return them, he lied, tried to hide them, and violated a subpoena that demanded he return them. And he showed them to people who didn't have clearance.

Yeah, the two aren't even in this case.

I'd like to call it even but we didn't have dozens upon dozens of working class federal agents blowing the whistle on Trump. I can only recall one or two under Trump. Trump had the FBI and DOJ investigating basically everything he'd ever done based on rumor....we have explicit evidence of Biden almost certainly taking bribes and all the whistleblowers agree there's little interest in any real investigation. If the FBI went after Biden the way they did Trump I don't think he'd finish his term....but perhaps keeping Harris out of the presidency is a good thing. She makes Fetterman almost sound coherent.
Hey, if there is evidence that Biden committed crimes, I'd have no problem with him being indicted when he's out of office.

So far as I've seen, that evidence is either imagined, or nonexistent....but I guess there's still time to keep working on it. Maybe they'll "find" another of Hunter's laptops.

You're linking an article from 2017 speculating about things we know about. No illegal ties to Russia were found. At worst, Trump and associates may have obstructed an investigation that shouldn't have happened.
I'm just saying...the ties exist. That's a fact.

Mueller said there were connections, but he couldn't make a legal case that they added to collusion.

I'm just saying that, given Trump's history, and his shady dealings, I find it difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt, that's all.

I don't think it would be good to elect Trump behind bars....
Beside the point. If he's found guilty, that's what he faces. Regardless of whether or not it would be good for the election.

No one, not even a candidate for president, is above the law.

because if he was elected he may gut the federal beauracracy and spend his entire term throwing people behind bars....not great for national morale. However, the one thing I can say is I know what I get with Trump. If he says he's going to stop the flow of illegal immigration....he's going to spend his efforts doing that, regardless of how many people on capitol hill try to stop him. If he says he doesn't want to get us involved in any new wars....we won't get in any new wars. There's some effort to deliver on his campaign platforms....as sparse and meager as they may be....

What do I get if I voted for Biden? Who knows. He's not writing those policies....he's not nominating those candidates for his cabinet or judiciary. He ran on a moderate position he didn't pursue. He's not writing those executive orders he signs. Who is running this administration? If I had to guess...some far left anti-Christian man hating anti-white racist whose goals seem to be, in order....

1. Partnering big tech to silence and defame anyone who disagrees with the party narrative.

2. Indoctrinate children in public schools with left wing propaganda regardless of truth.

3. Weaponizing federal agencies against political opposition and political speech.

4. Continue to erode civil rights and push racist DEI policies that are nothing more than a modern set of Jim Crow policies.

5. Continuing robbing the middle class and then offering them goodies and freebies they don't deliver on after elections.

Of course, that's just how it looks. I'll at least consider it possible these are just unintended consequences of rampant idiocy and bad policy.
Still not stumping for Biden.

-- A2SG, but your opinions are noted......

Upvote 0