trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's up with this?

Amazon.com: A New Age Christian: My Spiritual Journey (9780965894906): Nancy B Detweiler: Books

"Product Description
If God is love, then why ...? With this question searing its way into my consciousness, I embark on my search for answers that make sense and satisfy my inquisitive mind. A New Age Christian is the account of my search. I write in the present tense, allowing the reader to walk beside me as I seek Truth. Together, we travel to Honduras and bring back a ten year old girl. Together, we struggle in the valleys and rejoice on the mountain-tops as I learn to integrate Truth into my lifestyle. We explore a metaphysical interpretation of the Bible and find therein the concept of reincarnation, karma, kundalini energy, astrology, divination, numerology and more. We find the answer to why good people suffer ... why some are born with physical handicaps ... why life has great depth of meaning even when we are in despair. Together, we trod the pathway through my dark night of the soul, moving ever closer to the light at the end of the dark tunnel. And, in the end, we know ... God is love, pure love! "

Oxymoronic 'homosexual Christians' focus of report (OneNewsNow.com)

"A conservative activist is questioning some of the conclusions Christian researcher George Barna reached in his "Spiritual Profile of Homosexual Adults."

The new Barna survey of homosexual adults finds that 27 percent qualify as born-again Christians and 43 percent have an "orthodox, biblical perception of God." According to Barna, "People who portray gay adults as godless, hedonistic, Christian bashers are not working with the facts. A substantial majority of gays cite their faith as a central facet of their life, consider themselves to be Christian, and claim to have some type of meaningful personal commitment to Jesus Christ active in their life today.""

Can a person be both a Wiccan and a Christian?

""Trinitarian Wicca is the correct name of the tradition often generalized into a practice called Christian Wicca. Trinitarian Wicca is a path of American Wicca (or Non-British Traditional Wicca) that works exclusively with the Christian Pantheon. ... There are no church trappings or conflicts with the Bible, because we work directly with the Gods and Goddesses; church dogma does not have a place in our ritual structure. Concepts such as the original sin, salvation, baptism, heaven, hell, and satan have no place in Trinitarian Wicca. Nancy Chandler Pittman "

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Barna findings and your fondness for pie are the news. The first tracks with what I've been seeing and hearing for years; and I share the second. For the rest, mix a cup of Gnosticism in a pint or so of Syncretism and what do you get? The Same Old Thing. You'd think, after twenty one centuries, we could come up with a truly new heresy. Alas, all we get are variations on those Golden Oldies from the 2nd Century AD.

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Barna findings and your fondness for pie are the news. The first tracks with what I've been seeing and hearing for years; and I share the second. For the rest, mix a cup of Gnosticism in a pint or so of Syncretism and what do you get? The Same Old Thing. You'd think, after twenty one centuries, we could come up with a truly new heresy. Alas, all we get are variations on those Golden Oldies from the 2nd Century AD.

Are you saying that New Age beliefs mixed with Christianity, homosexuality mixed with Christianity, and wicca mixed with Christianity is not new?

I can see the homosexuality thing as old (wait, did you say that you "share" in the mixture of homosexuality and christianity? Did I understand you correctly?) but isn't New Age and Wicca fairly new/recent?

Do you think all this has anything to do with a one world religion or Jesus words about a falling away in the end times?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Are you saying that New Age beliefs mixed with Christianity, homosexuality mixed with Christianity, and wicca mixed with Christianity is not new?

I can see the homosexuality thing as old (wait, did you say that you "share" in the mixture of homosexuality and christianity? Did I understand you correctly?) but isn't New Age and Wicca fairly new/recent?

Do you think all this has anything to do with a one world religion or Jesus words about a falling away in the end times?

I have been trying to warn people of this over and over since I joined this forum and I feel like I am talking to a brick wall. Yes this has EVERYTHING to do with the one world religion. Oprah has millions of followers that believe the same thing this woman believes. And as for whether wicca and New age are new, obviously New age is hence the title NEW age. It became popular in the late 60s with the Hippie movement. The new age followers believe that the age of Pisces is coming to an end and the Age of Aquarius is beginning meaning an end to the age of Christianity. I have excellent videos posted on the subject and I hope you will check them out. They explain everything both from a New Age perspective. The first video is actually a new age documentary that goes into great detail showing how the new age movement is quickly taking over the world. You will be shocked at how they seem to have an answer for everything that the world will easily accept in place of the Truth. I will copy and paste my origional post on this subject along with both videos. The second video is about who I am 100% convinced is either the anti-christ or the false prophet. I hope you will watch both. I guarantee that if you do, you will be convinced that the new age movement is leading to the emergence of the antichrist and the false prophet.

This is my origional post:

The Watchers and the Ascended Masters
I have just come upon some information that has confirmed what I have believed for years now. For 15 years, I have studied Biblical Prophecy and my research has lead me to believe that the World Church will be lead by the New age movement. Once this is enforced, all the Churches of the world will join lead by their own "Ascended Master" Who are these Ascended masters? If you do research into The New Age Movement, and the Eastern religions, you will find out a lot of information about them. If you google "Maitreya" or "Benjamin Creme" you will find out even more.

Oprah is now endorsing the New Age Movement and she speaks about it on many of her shows. In fact on many of these shows she has said that it is her life and she could talk about it all day. She has been teaching "A Course in Miracles" on her internet and radio shows (which was written by a woman who claimed to hear Jesus talk to her) The teachings in the book which she claims are the true words of Christ are actually a very twisted and blasphemous version of the Gospel. One of these such blasphemies says that Clinging to the old rugged cross is useless. And that "We are the light of the world" instead of "God is the light of the world" She also teaches that "All ways lead to God" and that we can all become gods. What does this last teaching remind you of? It's the age old lie that first got Lucifer cast out of Heaven, then was the lie told by Satan that caused the fall of man and now is being used once more to lead to man's final destruction. Oprah is considered the most influential celebrity and has millions of followers (I call them followers because that's what they are. They hang on every word she says and take it as gospel. In fact it was stated more than once on both Fox news and CNN, that Obama probably wouldn't have won the election without her endorsement because his popularity skyrocketed after she publically endorsed him on her show.

This leads me back again to the Ascended Masters. The New Age Movement and The Eastern religions teach that the "Ascended Masters" are former humans who through meditation and reincarnation have ascended to the level of gods. They supposedly came to earth in space ships thousands of years ago and taught people how to "enlighten" themselves. Who are these beings really?

In Genesis 6:1-4 it says:

Now it came to pass when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, that the Sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. And the Lord said "My spirit shall not strive with man forever for he is indeed flesh, yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." There were giants on the earth in those days and also afterward when the Sons of God came into the daughters of men and they bore children to them.Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

This isn't the only place where these beings are spoken of. In the Book of Enoch, they are described in far more detail. They are described as sinning against God by mating with human women and by teaching them witchcraft and teaching the men how to build weapons for war.

In Rev.12 the Bible teaches of Satan's fall from heaven. It says that "His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth." and that "War broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought with the dragon and the dragon and his angels fought. but they did not prevail nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the devil and Satan who deceives the whole world. He was cast to the earth and his angels were cast out with him" It continues on by saying "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea, for the devil has come down to you having great wrath because he knows that he has a short time"

I believe that the gods of the many religions of the world are really these fallen angels who passed themselves off as "Ascended masters" from space. This is evident if you look at Greek and Roman mythology. It speaks of many gods and half gods such as Hercules. Speaking of Greek mythology, another very interesting thing to consider is that one of the gods in Greek mythology is Apollyon. Read Rev. 9:11 It speaks of a "star" that fell from heaven (which we know to mean a fallen angel) who has the key to the bottomless pit and releases his army of locusts upon the earth. And who is this angel who is the "angel of the bottomless pit?" None other than Apollyon himself. In eastern religions, you see the symbolism of the snake and the dragon. The snake is also a popular symbol in Egyption religion. If you put it all together it makes sense that Satan and his angels are out to deceive mankind into commiting the unforgivable sin, which is to call yourself a god and to attempt to rise above the one true God.

I found a video that was so interesting that i couldn't help but share it. I warn you to pray first before you watch it because it deals with the New Age teachings that I believe without a doubt will be enforced upon the earh when the antichrist is revealed. I believe that the antichrist will be a man claiming to be the highest of the Ascended Masters (I believe he will be Maitreya) His angels will claim to be Ascended Masters as well and will come as the prophets from each religion (Maitreya teaches that one of these is the Master Jesus who now lives in Rome) Maitreya claims that Jesus and the "Christ conciousness" are seperate and that he was the one who "overshadowed" Jesus to give him his power. There is so much information that I can't possibly put it all in one post but I highly recommend that you watch this video because it will show you how Satan is using the same old lie to deceive mankind. I warn you that it is was made by the followers of this movement and can be very convincing to someone who is weak in the spirit. Just stay firm in the word as you watch it and I believe that you will see the world in a whole new light when it is over. I sure did. The one part that brought tears of joy to my eyes was when it talked about how just before a major catastrophic event, millions of people will be "evacuated" from the earth by these ascended masters. This confirmed for me my faith in the rapture. Satan has come up with a convincing story to explain away the rapture! How are people going to know that every person on earth who dissapeared was a Christian? They will just think that it was random. Once again I highly recommend that you watch this video. Just make sure that you watch it highly grounded in the truth. There are 25 videos to this series. They are all about 10 minutes each. You certainly don't have to watch them all at once but if you're like me you will probably end up watching them all in a couple sittings. When you are finished watching them, let me know what you think.

progress.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's up with this?

Amazon.com: A New Age Christian: My Spiritual Journey (9780965894906): Nancy B Detweiler: Books

"Product Description
If God is love, then why ...? With this question searing its way into my consciousness, I embark on my search for answers that make sense and satisfy my inquisitive mind. A New Age Christian is the account of my search. I write in the present tense, allowing the reader to walk beside me as I seek Truth. Together, we travel to Honduras and bring back a ten year old girl. Together, we struggle in the valleys and rejoice on the mountain-tops as I learn to integrate Truth into my lifestyle. We explore a metaphysical interpretation of the Bible and find therein the concept of reincarnation, karma, kundalini energy, astrology, divination, numerology and more. We find the answer to why good people suffer ... why some are born with physical handicaps ... why life has great depth of meaning even when we are in despair. Together, we trod the pathway through my dark night of the soul, moving ever closer to the light at the end of the dark tunnel. And, in the end, we know ... God is love, pure love! "

Oxymoronic 'homosexual Christians' focus of report (OneNewsNow.com)

"A conservative activist is questioning some of the conclusions Christian researcher George Barna reached in his "Spiritual Profile of Homosexual Adults."

The new Barna survey of homosexual adults finds that 27 percent qualify as born-again Christians and 43 percent have an "orthodox, biblical perception of God." According to Barna, "People who portray gay adults as godless, hedonistic, Christian bashers are not working with the facts. A substantial majority of gays cite their faith as a central facet of their life, consider themselves to be Christian, and claim to have some type of meaningful personal commitment to Jesus Christ active in their life today.""

Can a person be both a Wiccan and a Christian?

""Trinitarian Wicca is the correct name of the tradition often generalized into a practice called Christian Wicca. Trinitarian Wicca is a path of American Wicca (or Non-British Traditional Wicca) that works exclusively with the Christian Pantheon. ... There are no church trappings or conflicts with the Bible, because we work directly with the Gods and Goddesses; church dogma does not have a place in our ritual structure. Concepts such as the original sin, salvation, baptism, heaven, hell, and satan have no place in Trinitarian Wicca. Nancy Chandler Pittman "

So...you (and the people who believe as you) get to decide who is or isn't a Christian? :scratch:
tulc(suspects it's not really up to you) :wave:

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New age beliefs are just modern incarnations of pre-biblical mystical belief systems...and Wicca is neo-paganism...just a modern incarnation of the prebiblical paganism. So Christianity confronting and intermingling with other beliefs system is about 2000 years old. Of course, admitting that doesn't allow you to distort it to fit your chicken little/the end it near theories.

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Norswede,
That is very interesting.
I'm beginning to think that there is something kind of off about this website. The amount of anti-christian bias and bashing that is allowed to go on is shocking.
God is the one who told us what is right and what is wrong in our belief system through the Bible.

The Gospel of Jesus calls us to repentance of our old self and old sins. Whenever the gospel is preached, repentance is a part of it. A person cannot have one foot in the world and one foot in the Kingdom. This is a warning to those who believe they can ride the fence:

Mat 7:21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
Mat 7:23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

If Christians don't stand up for the gospel and preach it, stand by it, and honor it, and are censored as they promote it, then there is a major problem.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Norswede,
That is very interesting.
I'm beginning to think that there is something kind of off about this website. The amount of anti-christian bias and bashing that is allowed to go on is shocking.
Anti-Christian bashing, or people with a different opinion expressing their views? Could you point out the bashing you feel is taking place here? :confused:

God is the one who told us what is right and what is wrong in our belief system through the Bible.
...and everyone who believes the Bible like that has exactly the same doctrines? And have had the same all through history? :wave:

The Gospel of Jesus calls us to repentance of our old self and old sins. Whenever the gospel is preached, repentance is a part of it. A person cannot have one foot in the world and one foot in the Kingdom. This is a warning to those who believe they can ride the fence:

Mat 7:21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'
Mat 7:23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
You know what I've always found interesting? It's how little Jesus said about "Doctrine" and how much more He talked about helping others. Remember this?
Matthew 25:31-46 said:
31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Most Christians in America seem to always emphasize "So and so doesn't believe like we do, they must be a heretic!", they seem to think THAT'S what good fruit is. But if you look at the story about the sheep and the goats? I'm hard pressed to find a doctrine that's used to separate them, can you? :confused: Maybe Jesus is little more interested in how we serve those around us, then how many "errors" we can find in what they believe. :sorry:
If Christians don't stand up for the gospel and preach it, stand by it, and honor it, and are censored as they promote it, then there is a major problem.
I must admit I'm still wondering where all this bashing and persecution of Christians is happening in America. Are Churches being closed? Are Christians being told they can't marry? Are they restricted to only certain parts of the city where they can live? Face being jailed for the Church they attend? :scratch:
tulc(would be interested in seeing those cases here in America) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it seems that various groups have taken what they want from various beliefs and religions and mixed them with Christianity, or a form thereof, to create something new, while calling it the same and criticizing those who speak up and say, "hey, that's not the same!" by saying, "who are you to judge me?"

I don't think that's Biblical, and it really makes God angry. Just ask Israel.

Exd 34:14Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In fact, this is the whole problem with the word "Christian." It no longer has a consensus definition. C. S. Lewis said so decades ago. Indeed, even in Christian denominations we find pastors, even bishops, who deny the divinity of Christ and the Resurrection, those who deny the existence of hell and Satan, those who say that Jesus sinned.
Some decades ago I read a great deal about Wicca and I found a lot of good in it; but it was not then and is not now consistent with the word of Christ. I'm sure our friend with his Honduran 10 year old is well meaning and has come up with some valid insights; but you simply can't write whatever you want into the Bible, (something we professing, doctrinal Christians would do well to remember or, perhaps more to the point, often forget), then claim parity with those of us who base our faith on the Apostles & Nicene Creeds. They say different things; and the belief systems cited in the OP are no more Christian than they are Confucian.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In fact, this is the whole problem with the word "Christian." It no longer has a consensus definition. C. S. Lewis said so decades ago. Indeed, even in Christian denominations we find pastors, even bishops, who deny the divinity of Christ and the Resurrection, those who deny the existence of hell and Satan, those who say that Jesus sinned.
Some decades ago I read a great deal about Wicca and I found a lot of good in it; but it was not then and is not now consistent with the word of Christ. I'm sure our friend with his Honduran 10 year old is well meaning and has come up with some valid insights; but you simply can't write whatever you want into the Bible, (something we professing, doctrinal Christians would do well to remember or, perhaps more to the point, often forget), then claim parity with those of us who base our faith on the Apostles & Nicene Creeds. They say different things; and the belief systems cited in the OP are no more Christian than they are Confucian. (emph. added)
About the bolded part? I agree, how dare they think they're equal with "We TRUE Christians!!" (tm)! :sorry:
tulc(those cheeky beggars) :cool:

Reactions: Cabal
Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In fact, this is the whole problem with the word "Christian." It no longer has a consensus definition. C. S. Lewis said so decades ago.

Decades? There hasn't really been a consensus definition of "Christian" since the Reformation (if we're being charitable).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.