• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Mixed thoughts.

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Single Life, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Single Life

Single Life Member

+84
    United States
    Nazarene
    Single
    I have mixed emotions on the thoughts of singleness and marriage. I know it not un heard of for someone my age to marry but on the other hand it not unheard of someone to be single for a life time. I have heard of a well known seminary professor to stay single his entire life. So my thoughts really have been a mixed bag on these two thoughts. I have been praying this prayer to God recently and asking His will to be done.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ajcarey

ajcarey Member

+81
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It's okay to have mixed thoughts about whether marriage is good for you. There are blessings and hardships associated with both singleness and marriage, either state is lawful and potentially profitable for a Christian man or woman, a godly spouse could be a great blessing and an ungodly spouse could be the biggest obstacle one could ever face to serving God faithfully- all reasons to pray earnestly, screen diligently, discern carefully, and not be hasty in going forward in marriage or in concluding one will stay single for life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List