Semi-Nomad
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Messianic
<SPAN class=t18B>Two Israeli journalists detained by U.S. troops
in Iraq
</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>This is quite the controversy over in Israel right now in the news. Its also proof of one of the big reasons why I'm not a supporter of this U.S. war like many seem to be on this forum.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=t18B>Anyways, I really don't think this bodes well for the U.S. I'd like to hear what my fellow Messianics think about it though.</SPAN>

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
Yes, that article sounds like they weren't treated very friendly; however we don't know what kind of recognizance the troops they were traveling with had received and why they were so suspicious of them. Seems that they snuck in to get a story, just like many journalists that will risk anything.

Maybe they scared them for their own good, if they had been found by the Republican guard, well we all know they would not have lived to tell about it. Hopefully it will keep others out, and most importantly, safe.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From News Article: "He added that he had received the impression that the American army had done everything it could to ensure that not one independent journalist was reporting from Iraq."

This paragraph caught my eye especially because a British journalist from ITN (Independant Television News) was killed a week or so ago by so-called 'friendly fire'.

Why wouldn't they want independant journalists reporting the war? :scratch: &nbsp;

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am sure there are many reasons for not wanting independant journalists... Security being the number one reason.

Yes this is true..... I was on one train of thought in terms of these reporters reporting what was happening to the Iraqui civilians and had not considered that independant journalists would want to report all the news which would include perhaps (inadvertantly) compromising allied positions.

That'll teach me for thinking about this when I should be in bed :)

Upvote 0

Yahweh Nissi

"The LORD Is My Banner"
Mar 26, 2003
Birkenhead, on the Wirral.
✟1,240.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Whilst I am sure that there are those in the Coalition militaries and administrations who would rather they could go about their business without the nuisance of independant journalists, I am also sure that none of them would stoop to deliberately attacking them. (This is certainly what you seemed to be insinuating, sorry if you were not)

Upvote 0