Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Pray about it and ask God to reveal to you whether is this His will for you to go. I, too, have a calling to Africa as missionary and since then, I've been working on building up my knowledge and strength for this call by starting becoming a volunteer at an orphanage home. If it's a calling from God to become a missionary, pray and ask Him to prepare you and also pray to ask God to show you what type of missionary you've been called upon.

Be very sure of what God had told you because from my personal experience, I did some things that it's not a calling from God and I failed. I see the reason to help out this girl but it wasn't God's will for me and I just wanted to help her. However, things doesn't work out and from then onwards, I realised the importance of ensuring that it's God's will for me to attend to certain ministry.

I'll be praying for you.... :pray:

Upvote 0

ainey0506

Growing strong in Christ
Jul 2, 2004
South Carolina!!!!!
✟168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would advise you to check out the Mission Board websites, I have been called to missions just recently and one of the Missions Leaders told me about imb.org which is for Southern Baptists. I'll be praying for you, remember my life in missions also! Thanks for your prayers and good luck!

Upvote 0

missionarypoet

logodaedalical
Jan 14, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟10,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are in my prayers. I was called into missions when I was three years old- don't think that your age can keep you from it being a true call. I would suggest praying about this a lot, and also talking to your parents, youth pastor, and/or other mentor. Find out as much as you can about missions, both within the United States, and in foreign countries. There is so much that missionaries do, and knowing as much as you can about it will help you recognize if it's something you want to do, or most importantly, something God wants you to do. You could also contact missionaries and ask them about their experience. Tell them you want to know more about the mission field.

May God Guide You,
missionarypoet

Upvote 0

Ginga

Sep 6, 2004
New Zealand
✟8,217.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When i was younger, i asked God to do anything in my life, but please don't make me a missionary. Now that is all that i won't to do. My advice to you is to consult God on this tonnes. To pray and talk with others like your youth pastor etc. Also, to try and learn more by reading your bible and visiting missionary web sites. It would also help if you pray for the missionary's that you know of, and just ask God to guide you as he is guiding them. But it's awesome to hear that you feel like you're being called to become a missionary. May God bless you tonnes.

Upvote 0

a_u_s_s_i_e_g_a_l_84

Sep 22, 2004
sydney
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
4jesus247 said:
hi
i am bn getting starnge signs that i might go into missions! but i am not sure i am ready please pray for me! thanx
hey mate, have you ever heard of Teen Missions International? They are an organisation from the USA who run short term mission trips for teenagers over the summer. I went on two with the aussie teen missions organisation and it was absolutely life changing! maybe you should check it out and see what happens .... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums