Misconception About Noah Preaching

Mickey Hyatt

Sep 15, 2011
✟15,393.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This message may be a little longer than normal, but I sincerely believe you will not regret it if you read the entire message.

There is misconception about Noah preaching to get people to come into the ark. It was too late for the masses their time was up. Read on and you will see. Many of you probably have heard preachers say that Noah preaches to the people while he was building the ark and they laugh at him. Sorry, but I have not found that to be true in the scriptures. It is hear say, that has been handed down through the generation. Read on and you will see what the scripture says about what really happen and Jesus verifying it.

Gen. 6:5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The above scripture is what God saw before He destroyed the earth with the flood. I do not even think an atheist can deny the fact of the evil that is going on in the earth today. Is not time about up?

Gen. 6:7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

May I make comment here; God never did mention destroying the fish. Besides fish can swim, maybe they were use to clean up the bodies. You may say fowl can fly, that is true, but they had to land sometimes and the only place to land was in water. Therefore, I guess some of those fish like fowls. God did not and does make mistake, when He did not mention destroying the fish.

God judgment was He was going to destroy man (human race) that He had created and even the animals and fowls of the air. The Lord did not tell Noah to go preach to the world to repent as you may have heard in the passed. He gave Noah instruction to build the ark for his family and the animals. God chose what would go into the ark.

The ark was built the right size for which God said who and what would go in. If Noah was to preach to the world and many of them repented the ark would not have been big enough. That would mean God made a mistake in the instruction on what size the ark had to be, and would have to give new instruction on how to enlarge the ark. (Short sentence, God does not make mistakes). What about the food Noah was to take, would there have been enough food if masses had repented? God had already pronounce judgment of who was going in.

God was going to destroy everything He made, but Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. Thank God for Grace because I sure did need it, and continue to need it as much as anybody, and probably more than most.

God gave specific instruction to Noah how to build the ark and who including the animal kingdom was going in.

If someone did not know it, God still have eyes and He sees what is gong on today with His creation. We may buy a piece of land or acres and build on it. Some say the governments really owns what you buy in the end. None of that is true, God owns this earth and the heavens above and anything else we do not know about.

Where some may have got the idea that Noah preaches to the world for 120 years could be in:

2 Pet. 2:5. And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth [person], a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Three comments I would like to make here:
First the man of his household should be the spiritual leader of his family. First Noah preached to his family of the things that are right in the eyes of God. He is to be a proven leader of his family before he even speaks to the public, according to scripture.

Secondly, Noah may have spoken in public to the masses before God had given Judgment (Note: Before God Had Given Judgement) that he was going to destroy man (human race); but it does not say he did. You would have to speculate he did and personally I do not speculate on God word.

Thirdly, Jesus settles the whole issue which is the most important in:
Matt. 24:38,39

38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

38. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Extremely important, what Jesus said - And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away. Looks to me like if Noah had been preaching to them they would have know something about what was happening.

The scripture says there will be a falling away before the man of sin is revealed, who is Satan. Think about it, Noah was building the ark for many years after God had already gave judgment that He was going to destroy everything on earth. How long will the falling away last?

I say to the lost do not wait another day.

You may be wonder how does some preachers say that Noah preached to the people and they laugh at him. This is why everyone should read the bible for themselves because of hear say. They hear a preacher preach it and sounds good to them, so they preach it; and on it goes, on and on.

Please, I not saying we should not listen to our Pastors, Evangelists, Preachers, and Teachers; what would this world be without them? However, the good ones will tell you to read your bible daily. Hey, I say read you bible daily for yourselves.