Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did anyone watch this last night?

I like it most of it anyway, except for the ending. I don't know why but I was hoping and expecting her to get better.

ooooh I am cranky about it though. I guess more my expectations were probably unreaslistic - maybe I live in some kind of fairy world or something.

Did anyone watch the movie about Ray Charles. I recorded it. Mainly because that was the one that finsished after 11:30 and I wanted to watch both movies. I saw snippets of it, and thought it was pretty good. Is it worth watching though?

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Never watched Million Dollar Baby all the way through...got to about 15 minutes and was too bored to continue.

As for the Ray Charles movie, its the same with the Johnny Cash movie; if you are a fan of the man himself, you'll love it :)

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really liked the whole movie except the ending.

I like Ray Charles. I'm not big on Johnny Cash and haven't seen his movie.

Also the Ali one was on the other night, I recorded it and watched a little bit of it, but I don't think it's all that interesting. Does it get any better?

Upvote 0

HotToast

Laughmaster
Aug 29, 2005
✟19,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I watched the Ray Charles movie and the end of Million Dollar Baby last night.

I watched the Ray Charles movie because I wasn't tired and I wanted to listen to the music. I then got bored and watched the end of Million Dollar Baby.

What can I say about the two movies. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

The music in Ray, of course was really good. Ray made some decisions that really jar with me (his drug use and womanising). In the movie they portray that he went down this path because of what happened in his childhood (I won't say what). It's good that he finally got clean in the mid 60s. So if you like his music then watch it, but just remember their are parts to his life that you might not agree with...

Million Dollar baby, well the first time I went to watch it I feel asleep (I fall asleep easily, I swear it is genetic my grandfather and father do the same thing, so stop laughing!!!!). So I had only seen the start, which I thought was good, and since it is called Million Dollar Baby, I assumed that she rose to fame. But when I woke up my friends were like, that was so sad. So last night I watched to see what happened. Gee what a hard decision for the trainer to make.

Upvote 0

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't watch it on TV but I have watched Million Dollar Baby on DVD, though it was quite a while ago.
I like it most of it anyway, except for the ending. I don't know why but I was hoping and expecting her to get better.
I think that it wasn't the common cliché ending "everything turns out perfect and we all live happily ever after" sets it apart and makes it superior. Nothing annoys me more when I can predict the ending from the start of the movie, Million Dollar Baby I thought was good because it makes me think I can then WHAM the plot twist!

Emotional and sad ending but very thought provoking.
ooooh I am cranky about it though. I guess more my expectations were probably unreaslistic - maybe I live in some kind of fairy world or something.
You were probably expecting what is normally served out by Hollywood and when you didn't get it was disappointed (where as I was impressed and entertained). Everyone has different preferences and expectations.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, you are right. It's just there is so much tragedy and sadness in real life I just wanted something entertaining and light. But bear in mind I have lost 2 friends in the last fortnight, and my dad nearly died 3 weeks ago, so yeah, I'm a bit over tragedy at the moment.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I watched the Ray Charles movie and the end of Million Dollar Baby last night.

I watched the Ray Charles movie because I wasn't tired and I wanted to listen to the music. I then got bored and watched the end of Million Dollar Baby.

What can I say about the two movies. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!

The music in Ray, of course was really good. Ray made some decisions that really jar with me (his drug use and womanising). In the movie they portray that he went down this path because of what happened in his childhood (I won't say what). It's good that he finally got clean in the mid 60s. So if you like his music then watch it, but just remember their are parts to his life that you might not agree with...

Million Dollar baby, well the first time I went to watch it I feel asleep (I fall asleep easily, I swear it is genetic my grandfather and father do the same thing, so stop laughing!!!!). So I had only seen the start, which I thought was good, and since it is called Million Dollar Baby, I assumed that she rose to fame. But when I woke up my friends were like, that was so sad. So last night I watched to see what happened. Gee what a hard decision for the trainer to make.

I fell asleep during Lord of the Rings, which is fair enough I only said I would watch it because my husband was bugging me for weeks about it. But yeah, it's not my sort of movie.

I haven't watched the Ray one yet, but will sometime over the next few days.

Upvote 0