Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The 1,000 years of Revelation chapter 20 is symbolic of the "Church Age".

Nope. Chapter 20 shows what happens after Christ has returned. The saints that died in the tribulation for refusing the mark of the beast are resurrected, reign with Christ after his return which is also mentioned in the last part of Rev 2, Satan is imprisoned and cannot deceive the nations like he did through the entire church age, and then after 1000 years satan is released, deceives again one last time, and he and his army are destroyed and then the rest of the dead are judged. That's what is found in Rev 20. The current church age is not in the entire chapter, obviously.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The current church age is not in the entire chapter, obviously.

Do you think Christ will be conducting funeral services for dead mortals during that 1,000 years?

If Christ is on earth, where will the souls of these dead mortals go when they die?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think Christ will be conducting funeral services for dead mortals during that 1,000 years?

Can you explain why Christ would be doing such a thing anyways? Why would the Messiah being doing funeral services?

If Christ is on earth, where will the souls of these dead mortals go when they die?

Same place they have always gone if mortal were dying but I believe no one dies during this time period based on something Daniel spoke of regarding lives being prolonged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can you explain why Christ would be doing such a thing anyways? Why would the Messiah being doing funeral services?

but I believe no one dies during this time period based on something Daniel spoke of regarding lives being extended.

I tend to think the same thing.

Adam was a mortal and he almost lived an entire 1000 years. If that was possible back then, one is to then believe that it is not possible for mortals to live an thousand years and then some, after the 2nd coming? Of course though, that assuming there is a thousand years and a little season that has to be fulfilled after Christ has returned.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Based on what many Premill teachers promote mortals will live to great age during the millennium, but some will still die.

Also, if there are mortals during a time period of 1,000 years some would be killed due to accidents.

Based on what Premill advocates promote, Christ will be the spiritual leader of the whole planet during this time period.
Who do you think would be better qualified to perform a funeral service?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The newly born millenial people must be taught about the History of our present world, how mankind fell to sin and how Jesus was sent but He was rejected and killed but He has resurrected, so Evangelism will be given there by the church era saints.

the christians will be priests though. Wouldnt that limit evangelism time?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
will evangelism happen during the rule of Christ on earth?

I take it that the question is referring to the Millennium

Answer is NO as there will be no human alive on this earth during the Millennium
Satan Bound | God's Judgments upon demonic forces

And I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years should be fulfilled: And after that, he must be loosed a little season (Revelation 20:1-3).

The destruction of those who reject God and the removal God's people from the earth will leave the earth desolate. In Revelation 20, John describes an angel who binds Satan with a great chain and throws him in the abyss. The term abyss is used in Scripture to denote the grave, death, destruction, and the prison of the demons (Romans 10:7, Luke 8:31).

The term abyss is also used in the Greek version of the Old Testament to describe the state of the uninhabited world when it says, “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” (Genesis 1:2).

The description of the earth after the coming of Christ, given by the prophet Jeremiah, is an apt description of the formless and void earth:
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld and lo the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, by His fierce anger (Jeremiah 4:23-26).

The whole world will be turned into a great prison for Satan and his demons. The great chain with which he is bound is the chain of circumstances that will prevent him from deceiving the nations, as they will have already been destroyed and no one remains on the earth. The Biblical records abound with examples of chains of circumstances: Psalm 2:3; 107:10,14; 116:16; Ecclesiastes 7:26; Isaiah 28:22, 52:2, and 58:6; Jeremiah 40:4; Lamentations 3:7.

It shall come to pass in that day
That the LORD will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the earth the kings of the earth.
They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished. (Isaiah 24:21-23 NKJV).

In these verses, we see that God's judgments fall not only upon the kings of the earth, but also on the demonic forces ("the host of exalted ones"). The evil confederacy will be shut up in prison of isolation and after one thousand years they shall be released (Revelation 20:3). During the millennium, Satan and his army will thus be captives on the desolate earth, while God's people are taken to heaven.

Learn how God's people are given an upportunity to judge

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Answer is NO as there will be no human alive on this earth during the Millennium
Satan Bound | God's Judgments upon demonic forces

And I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years should be fulfilled: And after that, he must be loosed a little season (Revelation 20:1-3).

The destruction of those who reject God and the removal God's people from the earth will leave the earth desolate. In Revelation 20, John describes an angel who binds Satan with a great chain and throws him in the abyss. The term abyss is used in Scripture to denote the grave, death, destruction, and the prison of the demons (Romans 10:7, Luke 8:31).

The term abyss is also used in the Greek version of the Old Testament to describe the state of the uninhabited world when it says, “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” (Genesis 1:2).

The description of the earth after the coming of Christ, given by the prophet Jeremiah, is an apt description of the formless and void earth:
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld and lo the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, by His fierce anger (Jeremiah 4:23-26).

The whole world will be turned into a great prison for Satan and his demons. The great chain with which he is bound is the chain of circumstances that will prevent him from deceiving the nations, as they will have already been destroyed and no one remains on the earth. The Biblical records abound with examples of chains of circumstances: Psalm 2:3; 107:10,14; 116:16; Ecclesiastes 7:26; Isaiah 28:22, 52:2, and 58:6; Jeremiah 40:4; Lamentations 3:7.

It shall come to pass in that day
That the LORD will punish on high the host of exalted ones,
And on the earth the kings of the earth.
They will be gathered together,
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,
And will be shut up in the prison;
After many days they will be punished. (Isaiah 24:21-23 NKJV).

In these verses, we see that God's judgments fall not only upon the kings of the earth, but also on the demonic forces ("the host of exalted ones"). The evil confederacy will be shut up in prison of isolation and after one thousand years they shall be released (Revelation 20:3). During the millennium, Satan and his army will thus be captives on the desolate earth, while God's people are taken to heaven.

Learn how God's people are given an upportunity to judge

There are people at Gog and Magog.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Your post is the strong delusion ^_^
Yes there will be people on earth , after the Millennium satan is released from the bottomless pit aka abyss, to go out into the world to deceive who he can , and he deceives many , just as you have been deceived

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your post is the strong delusion ^_^
Yes there will be people on earth , after the Millennium satan is released from the bottomless pit aka abyss, to go out into the world to deceive who he can , and he deceives many , just as you have been deceived

Agree but that is after the Millennium as you stated, after New Jerusalem descends from Heaven with the saints and the wicked are resurrected. My comments yoi quoted is referring the believe that there is 1000 year reign on the earth with satan bound.

Sorry if I mislead you

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agree but that is after the Millennium as you stated, after New Jerusalem descends from Heaven with the saints and the wicked are resurrected. My comments yoi quoted is referring the believe that there is 1000 year reign on the earth with satan bound.

Sorry if I mislead you
satan is bound for 1000 years so that he is not able to deceive people during the 1000 year Millennium
That proves that people are on earth during the Millennium

Rev 20
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
satan is bound for 1000 years so that he is not able to deceive people during the 1000 year Millennium
That proves that people are on earth during the Millennium

No it does not. Satan is in the ABYSS with his angels, wicked humans are in the grave and GODS people are in Heave with Him for the 1000 years.

Lets the Scriptures interpret scripture.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No it does not. Satan is in the ABYSS with his angels, wicked humans are in the grave and GODS people are in Heave with Him for the 1000 years.

satan is in the abyss - NOT PEOPLE
the reason satan is locked and sealed in the abyss is so that he cannot deceive people living on earth as he can do now
Then after the thousand years are over satan is released from the abyss to go back to deceiving people of earth

Rev 20
7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

AFTER this then the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
AFTER this then the New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven

Please read what you post as verse nine does not support the above statement.

9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them

The City he loves is the NEW Jerusalem, where the people of GOD are. So it has to have come down from Heaven in order for it to be "surrounded" before the wicked are destroyed by the GLORY of the LORD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The City he loves is the NEW Jerusalem, where the people of GOD are. So it has to have come down from Heaven in order for it to be "surrounded" before the wicked are destroyed by the GLORY of the LORD.
NOTICE IT IS AFTER AS IN AFTER satan is cast into the lake of fire

Rev 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

satan is not any part of the New Jerusalem !!!

He is gone to the lake of fire before the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly. Yet I assume we are not entirely on the same page here though. I see the NJ coming down at the beginning of the thousand years.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exactly. Yet I assume we are not entirely on the same page here though. I see the NJ coming down at the beginning of the thousand years.
that is the old Israel - notice that the new Jerusalem is after satan is cast into the lake of fire and there is no more tears , no more pain

4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

satan is not permitted into the the New Jerusalem , that is why the New Jerusalem is not here now

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Your assumption is correct on this point Take a look at these verses
Rev 20
Rev 20
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

The term abyss is also used in the Greek version of the Old Testament to describe the state of the uninhabited world when it says, “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”

If the earth is with out form for a thousand years how can New Jerusalem be there? The Abyss is created at the second coming of Jesus when the righteous are resurrected and caught up with HIM in the clouds.

7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Who is here after the 1000 years for satan to gather?

Upvote 0