Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_AL_ZARQAWI?SITE=PAREA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"The space of movement is starting to get smaller," it said. "The grip is starting to be tightened on the holy warriors' necks and, with the spread of soldiers and police, the future is becoming frightening."

The statement says the militant movement in Iraq is racing against time to form battalions that can take control of the country "four months before the formation of the promised Iraqi government, hoping to spoil their plan." It appears to refer to the government that would take office after the elections scheduled for January 2005."...

Hmm, this seems to imply that these terrorists in Iraq are NOT acting in the best interest of Iraq. But...I thought GWB was the evil maniac trying to kill Iraqi children, not these holy warriors beloved by the left! How could this possibly be?? I'm sure Bush just planted this letter to Osama to make himself look good!

charis

Jun 14, 2004
✟875.00
Faith
Protestant
i dunno about that.
they just had two hits on Iraqi ministers over the weekend and a couple of car bombs (it doesn't even make the news it used to anymore since they are so common these days).

seems like they're still in business.

having said that, I wonder why you're so poisoned against the amorphous left?

Where do you form your opinions about the left from? From conservative websites and radios? Hardly the best place to get an unbiased opinion about "the left".

Can you name any mainstream liberals who support these "holy warriors" which you claim are "beloved by the left"?

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
charis said:
having said that, I wonder why you're so poisoned against the amorphous left?
Indeed. A weird way to write an OP to start civil political discourse. Of course, if the real aim was to stir up the boring old left/right shenanigans, right on the mark.

Upvote 0