United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What Went Wrong?

WASHINGTON — Days before the 2022 midterm elections, analysts and media outlets alike predicted that all the ingredients were there for a major GOP victory.

President Joe Biden’s poll numbers were low, Latino voters were trending Republican and record-setting spikes in inflation and interest rates had strengthened the GOP’s indictment of Democratic policies.

Republicans would not only gain five House seats and one Senate seat needed to flip the two chambers of Congress, pundits predicted, they might even secure a mandate for change, breaking the stalemate in Congress that had stymied the advancement of their plans.

It didn’t happen.

Continued below.
Midterms’ Aftermath: GOP’s ‘Red Wave’ Fizzles

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Blue states voted Blue. The Red states voted Red. It went as I predicted. The reality is there's not any swing states anymore. I think we're at the point where decades of Red failure has caught up to us & it'll be very hard to win anything nationally going forward.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The pro-abortion agenda brought out a lot of people who wouldn't of normally voted. I saw that happen here in Michigan.
I live in Michigan. We are Blue. We were gonna vote Blue no matter what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was disgusted when I found out that Stretchin' Gretchen was re-elected. :mad: I voted for Tudor Dixon myself, but as usual, I'm sure that Wayne and Kent Counties voted in a solid Democrat block. Four more years of high prices, food shortages, and formerly "paved" roads crumbling into serrated masses of rutted mud and foot-deep potholes.

"Build back better". :mad:

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I live in Michigan. We are Blue. We were gonna vote Blue no matter what.
Governor Snyder was our last governor and he was a republican.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was disgusted when I found out that Stretchin' Gretchen was re-elected. :mad: I voted for Tudor Dixon myself, but as usual, I'm sure that Wayne and Kent Counties voted in a solid Democrat block. Four more years of high prices, food shortages, and formerly "paved" roads crumbling into serrated masses of rutted mud and foot-deep potholes.

"Build back better". :mad:
I live in Kent County. In Detroit they like to say that's where all the racists live. I don't think they realize Kent is Blue. That's propaganda & a misinformed electorate at work.

I hate to say it, but Tudor never had a chance. They love Gretchen in Detroit & that's all that matters.

Upvote 0