xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
There is little, if anything, that we can prove outside of mathematics. But this doesn't mean we can't know anything. The justification and evidence supporting the fact of evolution, and the general arguments supporting the theory explaining it, are such that I can only doubt this knowledge by going to extreme measures, such as supposing that I am a brain in a vat.
sorry but we cant prove that we are related to banana. this is a belief. not a fact.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
sorry but we cant prove that we are related to banana. this is a belief. not a fact.

We can't prove we're not brains in vats. But I don't expect us to spend much time worrying over it.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Bumped for Jimmy D:

Sorry AV, I must have missed that one.

According to the text, which is all we have, I'd say yes.... "You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures" doesn't mean some of the living creatures does it?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that theories are beliefs, or is that your theory?
they base on belief. yes. this is why it called theory and not a fact. earth is a round- a fact. a molecule can evolve into a robot- a belief.

• Haha
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
sir the taxonomy of the animal is literally not classified as equestrian, it's something else.

"Equestrian" is a sport (sort of). Is the science word you are looking for "Equid"?

wikipedia plainly states all the genra of animals, when you look them up, it will tell you in the right hand side, all the taxonomy of an animal. It's quite usefull.

Cool insight -

"Eohippus is an extinct genus of small equid ungulates. The only species is E. angustidens, which was long considered a species of Hyracotherium. Its remains have been identified in North America and date to the Early Eocene (Ypresian) stage."

Wow, you are totally right about Wikipedia. You should use it some time.

If I missed something in your post that you absolutely need me to adress, post it again. For lack of time, I can't adress all your post.

You didn't really address any of it, but the fact that you think "equestrian" is a relevant term in evolutionary biology and taxonomy tells me all I need to know.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
they base on belief. yes. this is why it called theory and not a fact. earth is a round- a fact. a molecule can evolve into a robot- a belief.

So in your opinion, we can never say "I think that's likely". We must either say "I believe this is true because it is a fact" or "I believe this is true on faith" or "I have no clue".

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
full

MOD HAT ON
You'll observe that this thread is a lot smaller today.
Adhominems and goads are thread killers.
A lot of pruning of diseased strands was needed to save the thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ok. but its again involve a belief.
So you think a theory is a 'belief.'
And you think a self-replicating robot penguin disproves evolution, even though there is no such thing and even if there was, it would not be a living thing.

Are you actually just a bot of some kind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Like most of the silliness you post, that is just about backwards...

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This implicitly assumes that morphological changes via evolution are both constant and continuous. We already know this isn't the case and there is in fact discordance between changes between genotype and phenotype.

Basically, it sounds like you're setting up a strawman version of biology and then declaring evolution false because reality doesn't confirm to that strawman.
There are no facts presented in this post as I have posted in mine. Just attacking my viewpoint does not disqualify it. Taxonomy has a natural barrier to evolution this is why evolutionist have moved the goal posts and decided to use phylogeny instead.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0