Michael George-i am a sinner saved by GOD'S AMAZING GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST

Michael George

Jun 28, 2016
India
✟15,250.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Celibate
My name is Michael George.I live in Mumbai,India.My family is roman catholic and as far as I know almost all of my relatives are roman catholic as well.So it goes without saying that I was brought up with roman catholic traditions and rosaries etc.I had gone through confirmation ceremony and was a confirmed member of the Church.

When I was in High School I began to distant myself from Church and stopped going to Church and eventually decided to leave the Church.I was basically an atheist and also got involved in heavy metal and hard rock music.I also used to listen to anti-Christian songs.

Sometime after High School,one day while watching tv,I happened to tune into a tv preaching channel and the person was talking about the book of romans and how everyone was a sinner in need of salvation.Now I opened the book of romans.By the way I had never read the book of romans before.And as I was reading,everything seemed so new to me.I did not hear much about this in Church before.Now,I did not have a computer,but I had a phone through which I could access the internet.So I would go online and I used to read commentaries online of romans and everything was so new to me.I remember that I was glued to my phone almost all night studying.Some days I would sleep just 2-3 hours.I learned that all men and women are sinners.Infact,all descendants of Adam and Eve are born sinners;and it is impossible for us to obey the law of GOD perfectly and it is impossible for us to keep the law of GOD perfectly and so we come under HIS just judgement and we deserve eternal death in hell.So no one is able to be justified by the law.The only way our sins can be forgiven and we are able to be justified,saved and be reconciled to GOD is,through faith in HIS SON JESUS CHRIST,who is both fully GOD and fully man and in what JESUS did for us through HIS perfect and sinless life,death,resurrection and ascension into heaven.It was an amazing experience to know all these truths.

Now,I used to continue to listen to these tv preachers and they were word faith teachers.Now at the same time GOD was leading me and teaching me more and more through the online resources and slowly but surely I came to the realisation that the word faith teaching and also the prosperity gospel teaching was not sound doctrine.Maybe GOD used them to bring me close to HIM.

Now while studying more and more online,I soon came to the arminianism and calvinism debate.And I wrestled with this a lot,and I really mean a lot.Until one day while I was reading to through romans again,I came to the verse Romans 9:16 which reads:

So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of GOD who shows mercy.

Now I had read this verse before,but this time it hit me like a ton of bricks.And I realised and came to believe the Sovereignty Of GOD in salvation and I firmly believe in the Doctrines of Grace also known as the five points of calvinism.And I fell on my knees and praised GOD for the grace,mercy and love HE had shown to me in saving me,a wretched sinner and for revealing all these truths to me.

And as GOD taught me more and more,I realised and came to firmly believe in GOD'S total and absolute sovereignty over all HIS creation.And I was very much into reformed theology after that.And GOD has led me to good and sound preachers and teachers of the word.And I marvel at the amazing grace of GOD that has transformed these wretched sinners and given them the spiritual gifts to be able to teach and defend the faith and so HE uses them for HIS glory.

Also I stopped listening to heavy metal music and other changes started coming in my life,as I looked to please GOD.I also realised that Christians do not want to please and obey GOD and do good works in order to be saved or in order to stay saved,but they want to please and obey GOD and do good works because they ARE saved.Obedience and good works are the fruits of salvation flowing from love and gratitude in knowing who GOD is and what HE has done for us and what HE continues to do for us every moment of our lives in HIS grace,love,mercy and providence.And the obedience and good works are empowered by GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT who indwells us.
As it says in Galatians 5:22-23:
But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Yes,I still struggle with sin,but the HOLY SPIRIT always convicts me and brings me to repentance before GOD ABBA FATHER.The HOLY SPIRIT sanctifies me and strengthens me and HE helps me to grow in holiness and be more pleasing to GOD.

I also wanted to say that once while meditating,I realised that many situations in which I was involved,some of which were some years ago, were actually traps set for me by the devil and I did not realise it when I was actually in those situations.But I managed to avoid those traps.And I realised that it was GOD'S hand and providence that kept from falling in those traps.HE held my hand and HE kept me from falling.And I realised that if I was on my own,I would have been in a deep pit of filth and would have willingly rebelled against GOD and would have been on my way to eternal death in hell.I fell on my knees and praised and thanked THE HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD for all that HE has done for me.

And while I was still continuing to study online,GOD led me to discover the hymn Amazing Grace.I wondered how I never heard this beautiful hymn ever before.And those words are true indeed for us Christians-'Through many dangers,toils and snares we have already come.It is Grace that has brought us safe thus far and Grace will lead us Home'.
I came across other beautiful hymns as well that I never heard before.

I also want to point to Psalm 131 which reads:

LORD, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.

That is what I want to be like.I just want to be like a weaned child walking beside ABBA GOD My FATHER,GOD JESUS-My ELDER BROTHER and LORD and SAVIOR and with GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT forever.

Now,in Mumbai there aren't many Churches which are in line with the Reformed tradition and also not many who hold to the Doctrines of Grace.I am currently going to an Anglican Presbyterian Church.

I also pray to GOD daily for my Catholic family members and relatives,that HE would have mercy on them and show them grace and open their hearts and their minds and guide them in HIS word and truth and let the truth set them free.

And of course,now we all also eagerly await for the glorious coming of our LORD AND SAVIOR AND KING JESUS CHRIST once again,when HE will make all things new-sending all HIS enemies to hell,bringing in the New Heavens and New Earth and sealing us in sinlessness by blessing us with our Glorified Spiritual bodies.And so,we will be able to render perfect praise,worship,service,thanksgiving,adoration and love to our HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD.And so,our love for our HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD will be perfect,just as HIS love for us is perfect.And our love for our fellow brothers and sisters will be perfect as well.What a blessed state that is going to be!!!
GOD IS TRULY AWESOME,AMAZING,GLORIOUS,BEAUTIFUL,LOVELY,ALMIGHTY ,MAJESTIC,MAGNIFICENT AND INFINITELY PERFECT!!!

I have created a website with some resources that GOD has used to edify me and i would like to share it with others.The site is:

https://godisourgreatesttreasure.wordpress.com/

Now,I am not a theologian and I believe I cannot get involved in theological debates.I am just a person to whom GOD has made HIMSELF known and I want to share this knowledge.
Thank You.

Last edited:

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Michael George.I live in Mumbai,India.My family is roman catholic and as far as I know almost all of my

relatives are roman catholic as well.So it goes without saying that I was brought up with roman catholic traditions and

rosaries etc.I had gone through confirmation ceremony and was a confirmed member of the Church.
When I was in High School I began to distant myself from Church and stopped going to Church and eventually decided to

leave the Church.I was basically an atheist and also got involved in heavy metal and hard rock music.I also used to listen

to anti-Christian songs.

Sometime after High School,one day while watching tv,I happened to tune into a tv preaching channel and the person was

talking about the book of romans and how everyone was a sinner in need of salvation.Now I opened the book of romans.By the

way I had never read the book of romans before.And as I was reading,everything seemed so new to me.I did not hear much

about this on Church before.Now,I did not have a computer,but I had a phone through which I could access the internet.So I

would go online and I used to read commentaries online of romans and everything was so new to me.I remember that I was

glued to my phone almost all night studying.Some days I would sleep just 2-3 hours.I learned that all men and women are

sinners.Infact,all descendants of Adam and Eve are born sinners;and it is impossible for us to obey the law of GOD

perfectly and it is impossible for us to keep the law of GOD perfectly and so we come under HIS just judgement and we

deserve eternal death in hell.The only way our sins can be forgiven and we are able to be justified,saved and be

reconciled to GOD is through faith in HIS SON JESUS CHRIST and what HE did for us through HIS life,death,resurrection and

ascension into heaven.It was an amazing experience to know all these truths.

Now,I used to continue to listen to these tv preachers and they were word faith teachers.Now at the same time GOD was

leading me and teaching me more and more through the online resources and slowly but surely I came to the realisation that

the word faith teaching and also the prosperity gospel teaching was not sound doctrine.Maybe GOD used them to bring me

close to HIM.

Now while studying more and more online,I soon came to the arminianism and calvinism debate.And I wrestled with this a

lot,and I really mean a lot.Until one day while I was reading to through romans again,I came to the verse Romans 9:16

which reads:
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of GOD who shows mercy.

Now I had read this verse before,but this time it hit me like a ton of bricks.And I realised and came to believe the

Sovereignty Of GOD in salvation and I firmly believe in the Doctrines of Grace also known as the five points of

calvinism.And I fell on my knees and praised GOD for the grace,mercy and love HE had shown to me in saving me,a wretched

sinner and for revealing all these truths to me.

And as GOD taught me more and more,I realised and came to firmly believe that GOD is absolutely totally sovereign over all

HIS creation.And I was very much into reformed theology after that.And GOD has led me to good and sound preachers and

teachers of the word.And I marvel at the amazing grace of GOD that has transformed these wretched sinners and given them

the spiritual gifts to be able to teach and defend the faith and so HE uses them for HIS glory.
Also I stopped listening to heavy metal music and other changes started coming in my life,as I looked to please GOD.I also

realised that Christians do not do good works in order to be saved or in order to stay saved,but they do good works

because they ARE saved.Good works are the fruit of salvation.

Yes,I still struggle with sin,but the HOLY SPIRIT always convicts me and brings me to repentance before GOD ABBA

FATHER.The HOLY SPIRIT sanctifies me and strengthens me and HE helps me to grow in holiness.

I also wanted to say that once while meditating,I realised that many situations in which I was involved,some of which were

some years ago, were actually traps set for me by the devil and I did not realise it when I was actually in those

situations.But I managed to avoid those traps.And I realised that it was GOD'S hand and providence that kept from falling

in those traps.HE held my hand and HE kept me from falling.And I realised that if I was on my own,I would have been in a

deep pit of filth and would have willingly rebelled against GOD and would have been on my way to eternal death in hell.I

fell on my knees and praised and thanked THE HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD for all that HE has done for me.

And while I was still continuing to study online,GOD led me to discover the hymn Amazing Grace.I wondered how I never

heard this beautiful hymn ever before.And those words are true indeed for us Christians-'Through many dangers,toils and

snares we have already come.It is Grace that has brought us safe thus far and Grace will lead us Home'.

I also want to point out Psalm 131 which reads:
Lord, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.

O Israel, hope in the Lord

That is what I want to be like.I just want to be like a weaned child walking beside ABBA GOD My FATHER,GOD JESUS-My ELDER

BROTHER and LORD and SAVIOR and with GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT forever.

Now,in Mumbai there aren't many Churches which are in line with the Reformed tradition and also not many who hold to the

Doctrines of Grace.I am currently going to an Anglican Presbyterian Church.
I also pray to GOD daily for my Catholic family members and relatives,that HE would have mercy on them and show them grace

and open their hearts and their minds and guide them in HIS word and truth and let the truth set them free.

And of course,now we all also eagerly await for the glorious coming of our LORD AND SAVIOR AND KING JESUS CHRIST once

again,when HE will make all things new-sending all HIS enemies to hell,bringing in the New Heavens and New Earth and

sealing us in sinlessness by blessing us with our Glorified Spiritual bodies.And so,we will be able to render perfect

praise,worship,service,thanksgiving,adoration and love to our HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD.And so,our love for our HOLY TRINITY

ONE GOD will be perfect,just as HIS love for us is perfect.And our love for our fellow brothers and sisters will be

perfect as well.What a blessed state that is going to be!!!
GOD IS TRULY AWESOME,AMAZING,GLORIOUS,BEAUTIFUL,LOVELY,ALMIGHTY,MAJESTIC,MAGNIFICENT AND INFINITELY PERFECT!!!

I have created a website with some resources that GOD has used to edify me and i would like to share it with others.The site is:
Now,i am not a theologian and i believe i cannot get involved in theological debates. I am just a person to whom GOD has made HIMSELF known and i want to share this knowledge.
Thank You.

Hello Michael; welcome to CF; may the Lord Jesus guide you here and in the world:

upload_2016-6-29_7-13-59.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Michael George.I live in Mumbai,India.My family is roman catholic and as far as I know almost all of my relatives are roman catholic as well.So it goes without saying that I was brought up with roman catholic traditions and rosaries etc.I had gone through confirmation ceremony and was a confirmed member of the Church.

When I was in High School I began to distant myself from Church and stopped going to Church and eventually decided to leave the Church.I was basically an atheist and also got involved in heavy metal and hard rock music.I also used to listen to anti-Christian songs.

Sometime after High School,one day while watching tv,I happened to tune into a tv preaching channel and the person was talking about the book of romans and how everyone was a sinner in need of salvation.Now I opened the book of romans.By the way I had never read the book of romans before.And as I was reading,everything seemed so new to me.I did not hear much about this in Church before.Now,I did not have a computer,but I had a phone through which I could access the internet.So I would go online and I used to read commentaries online of romans and everything was so new to me.I remember that I was glued to my phone almost all night studying.Some days I would sleep just 2-3 hours.I learned that all men and women are sinners.Infact,all descendants of Adam and Eve are born sinners;and it is impossible for us to obey the law of GOD perfectly and it is impossible for us to keep the law of GOD perfectly and so we come under HIS just judgement and we deserve eternal death in hell.So no one is able to be justified by the law.The only way our sins can be forgiven and we are able to be justified,saved and be reconciled to GOD is,through faith in HIS SON JESUS CHRIST,who is both fully GOD and fully man and in what JESUS did for us through HIS perfect and sinless life,death,resurrection and ascension into heaven.It was an amazing experience to know all these truths.

Now,I used to continue to listen to these tv preachers and they were word faith teachers.Now at the same time GOD was leading me and teaching me more and more through the online resources and slowly but surely I came to the realisation that the word faith teaching and also the prosperity gospel teaching was not sound doctrine.Maybe GOD used them to bring me close to HIM.

Now while studying more and more online,I soon came to the arminianism and calvinism debate.And I wrestled with this a lot,and I really mean a lot.Until one day while I was reading to through romans again,I came to the verse Romans 9:16 which reads:

Now I had read this verse before,but this time it hit me like a ton of bricks.And I realised and came to believe the Sovereignty Of GOD in salvation and I firmly believe in the Doctrines of Grace also known as the five points of calvinism.And I fell on my knees and praised GOD for the grace,mercy and love HE had shown to me in saving me,a wretched sinner and for revealing all these truths to me.

And as GOD taught me more and more,I realised and came to firmly believe in GOD'S total and absolute sovereignty over all HIS creation.And I was very much into reformed theology after that.And GOD has led me to good and sound preachers and teachers of the word.And I marvel at the amazing grace of GOD that has transformed these wretched sinners and given them the spiritual gifts to be able to teach and defend the faith and so HE uses them for HIS glory.

Also I stopped listening to heavy metal music and other changes started coming in my life,as I looked to please GOD.I also realised that Christians do not want to please and obey GOD and do good works in order to be saved or in order to stay saved,but they want to please and obey GOD and do good works because they ARE saved.Obedience and good works are the fruits of salvation flowing from love and gratitude in knowing who GOD is and what HE has done for us and what HE continues to do for us every moment of our lives in HIS grace,love,mercy and providence.And the obedience and good works are empowered by GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT who indwells us.
As it says in Galatians 5:22-23:
But the fruit of the SPIRIT is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Yes,I still struggle with sin,but the HOLY SPIRIT always convicts me and brings me to repentance before GOD ABBA FATHER.The HOLY SPIRIT sanctifies me and strengthens me and HE helps me to grow in holiness and be more pleasing to GOD.

I also wanted to say that once while meditating,I realised that many situations in which I was involved,some of which were some years ago, were actually traps set for me by the devil and I did not realise it when I was actually in those situations.But I managed to avoid those traps.And I realised that it was GOD'S hand and providence that kept from falling in those traps.HE held my hand and HE kept me from falling.And I realised that if I was on my own,I would have been in a deep pit of filth and would have willingly rebelled against GOD and would have been on my way to eternal death in hell.I fell on my knees and praised and thanked THE HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD for all that HE has done for me.

And while I was still continuing to study online,GOD led me to discover the hymn Amazing Grace.I wondered how I never heard this beautiful hymn ever before.And those words are true indeed for us Christians-'Through many dangers,toils and snares we have already come.It is Grace that has brought us safe thus far and Grace will lead us Home'.

I also want to point to Psalm 131 which reads:

LORD, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.

O Israel, hope in the LORD

That is what I want to be like.I just want to be like a weaned child walking beside ABBA GOD My FATHER,GOD JESUS-My ELDER BROTHER and LORD and SAVIOR and with GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT forever.

Now,in Mumbai there aren't many Churches which are in line with the Reformed tradition and also not many who hold to the Doctrines of Grace.I am currently going to an Anglican Presbyterian Church.

I also pray to GOD daily for my Catholic family members and relatives,that HE would have mercy on them and show them grace and open their hearts and their minds and guide them in HIS word and truth and let the truth set them free.

And of course,now we all also eagerly await for the glorious coming of our LORD AND SAVIOR AND KING JESUS CHRIST once again,when HE will make all things new-sending all HIS enemies to hell,bringing in the New Heavens and New Earth and sealing us in sinlessness by blessing us with our Glorified Spiritual bodies.And so,we will be able to render perfect praise,worship,service,thanksgiving,adoration and love to our HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD.And so,our love for our HOLY TRINITY ONE GOD will be perfect,just as HIS love for us is perfect.And our love for our fellow brothers and sisters will be perfect as well.What a blessed state that is going to be!!!
GOD IS TRULY AWESOME,AMAZING,GLORIOUS,BEAUTIFUL,LOVELY,ALMIGHTY ,MAJESTIC,MAGNIFICENT AND INFINITELY PERFECT!!!

Now,I am not a theologian and I believe I cannot get involved in theological debates.I am just a person to whom GOD has made HIMSELF known and I want to share this knowledge.
Thank You.

Welcome Michael to the forums! Greetings from a fellow Calvinist who is also a New Christian. I'm so happy the Holy Spirit has enlightened you to understand the Absolute Sovereignty of God so that you have not been fooled into thinking you have made a moral choice on your own power to believe in the Lord Jesus. We are not able to believe in God unless he regenerates our spirits, so all of it is His work not anything that we have decided, for our wills are entirely sinful.

I also have become very fond of that verse of "Amazing Grace". It brings me close to tears every time we sing it in church. Another one that you may want to look into is "It is Well with my Soul". Haratio Spafford wrote the hymn after his four daughters died in a shipwreck (his family had been crossing the Atlantic to try to start life anew after he had become financially ruined after the Chicago fire). It really shows how much of a comfort the doctrine of God's Absolute Sovereignty is to a believer. The idea that anything can happen outside of the will of God completely undermines that doctrine and may threaten to take away this dear comfort from a believer (thanks be to God Satan does not have that much power, however!)

These verses from "It is Well..." are very moving for me:
  1. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  2. My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
Thanks for the website. I will be sure to look into it.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A warm welcome to your new home on the Internet, CF.
I am confident you will enjoy your time here, however should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a message on my profile or via PM.

Upvote 0