Miami Meteorologists rebukes DeSantis for scrubbing climate change from state law

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does one get a plant to use more CO2 then, since pants using more carbon-dioxide would seem to be “needed” soon.
More plants, more leaves on each plant. But the vast majority of our oxygen comes from algae.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, Smith Island on the Chesapeake Bay was supposed to be gone 5 years ago, but it is still there as usual.
Would there be a substantial difference if it sinks by 2050?

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would there be a substantial difference if it sinks by 2050?
A new date? So far the Henny-penny team is batting zero.

Do you think that the government that “lied to you” about landing on the moon is now a great source of truth about climate? I mean what could a government leverage out of mass climate hysteria, right?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟380,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Lol, they taught real science when I was in school.
Well...they may have TAUGHT it....

Lol, again. That's what "+/- 0.5 degrees Celcius" is. What are they teaching kids today?
They are teaching them to analyze graphs and understand how climate works. 30 (heck 20) years ago there was not too much in the curriculum about climate and it's mechanisms so it makes sense that there are quite a few older people who don't have the first clue about the science behind it.

But what I don't understand is certain skills and basic knowledge is also lost on those same folks; the significance of trends and the analyzing changes in trends.

At least in a Scientific context.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟380,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Instead of defunding the police, we should defund climate alarmism. Florida gets it.
lol!! Yeah. Florida gets it alright. They get record flooding JUST from high tide and it's getting worse every year.
'Sunny Day' High-Tide Flooding May Soon Affect Much Of Florida's Coast

Yes, I would say "100 degree ocean water off the coast of Florida" qualifies as climate alarmism.
1. Well, it actually happenned so......
Florida waters hit 100 degrees, possible global record.

i mean...the average temperature has also been steadily increasing.
The specific heat capacity of water is terribly terribly high. Our oceans are absorbing a lot of the energy that out atmosphere is trapping. Lucky or we'd be dead for sure.

It’s alarmism when you blame it on something man has done.
In am effort to remind people that words have definitions, Webster let's us know...

Alarmism
the often unwarranted exciting of fears or warning of danger

Nothing to do with man.

If man isn’t the cause, there’s no reason to try to change anything. We should just enjoy the better plant life.
It's no wonder that a consumerist culture that is driven by convenience then produces people who will strive to live their lives in a perpetual hunt for convenience and endeavor to understand the world with the same tinted glasses
Yeah, Smith Island on the Chesapeake Bay was supposed to be gone 5 years ago, but it is still there as usual.
Citation and study results please?
More plants, more leaves on each plant. But the vast majority of our oxygen comes from algae.
And when ocean temperatures rise at too fast a temperature for algae to adapt we are extra screwed.

Again, planet well be fine. Its our comminal success as a species that will get slapped.
A new date? So far the Henny-penny team is batting zero.

Do you think that the government that “lied to you” about landing on the moon is now a great source of truth about climate? I mean what could a government leverage out of mass climate hysteria, right?
Wait what?
Whose government lied about landing on the moon?

My favorite thing about conspiracy theories is that they show the world the ultimate power of an insinuation. They are also like a rotting carcas for Dunning Kruger hyenas.

Attachments

• 1716737293343.png
    1716737293343.png
    68 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How does one get a plant to use more CO2 then, since pants using more carbon-dioxide would seem to be “needed” soon.
I don’t think you need to get a plant to use more more. If it’s there, it just uses more, which increases photosynthesis, which speeds plant growth.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,753,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Alarmism
the often unwarranted exciting of fears or warning of danger

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟53,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1. Well, it actually happenned so......
Florida waters hit 100 degrees, possible global record.

i mean...the average temperature has also been steadily increasing.
The specific heat capacity of water is terribly terribly high. Our oceans are absorbing a lot of the energy that out atmosphere is trapping. Lucky or we'd be dead for sure.
I lived (and played) in Florida as an adult for over 25 years. The only times that I was ever in the "ocean" and felt water that was warmer than my own body temperature was when I was in still waters that were very shallow. Some examples are 1) wading in knee-deep water in Ft. George Inlet at low tide casting for baitfish, and 2) snorkelling in the Gulf of Mexico just north of Marathon Key at low tide in 1-2 feet deep grass flats looking for lobsters. In the heat of the summer, this sort of thing is not uncommon.

So, I would say that if a person has an agenda to create a panic over global warming, it would not hard to manufacture misleading information that has a granule of truth to scare people into believing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟380,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I lived (and played) in Florida as an adult for over 25 years. The only times that I was ever in the "ocean" and felt water that was warmer than my own body temperature was when I was in still waters that were very shallow. Some examples are 1) wading in knee-deep water in Ft. George Inlet at low tide casting for baitfish, and 2) snorkelling in the Gulf of Mexico just north of Marathon Key at low tide in 1-2 feet deep grass flats looking for lobsters. In the heat of the summer, this sort of thing is not uncommon.

So, I would say that if a person has an agenda to create a panic over global warming, it would not hard to manufacture misleading information that has a granule of truth to scare people into believing.
"Well I remember back in my day"....
What makes that a reasonable response to data that contradicts it?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟380,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ah yes. The old repeat with emphasis as a way to prove your point?

Maybe respond with this bolded type at the bottom of thr Webster page so they change.

Probably just alarmism with all that stuff during the 80s and 90s about the hole in the ozone too.

Since that was man-made and all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t think you need to get a plant to use more more. If it’s there, it just uses more, which increases photosynthesis, which speeds plant growth.
If this were true, then why is the measured amount of carbon-dioxide in the atmosphere rising through time!?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Well I remember back in my day"....
What makes that a reasonable response to data that contradicts it?
Climate change has always been here and always will be. We adapt or we die.

In the 70’s it was global cooling. We are all supposed to be frozen to death by now.

If you can get everyone to panic they will turn their freedoms over to you.

Look what happened with Covid? Where did it go? What’s is different now that makes us walk around maskless?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟380,431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Climate change has always been here and always will be. We adapt or we die.
The worst human history has seen is short term aberrations. Climate change means something different.

In the 70’s it was global cooling. We are all supposed to be frozen to death by now.
No. It truly wasn't. About 3 scientists queried the hypothesis it but it was roundly disproven.

If you can get everyone to panic they will turn their freedoms over to you.
And if something isn't happenning directly to you or those you love it probably isn't actually happenning

Look what happened with Covid? Where did it go? What’s is different now that makes us walk around maskless?
Wait? So do we have our freedoms now or not?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,459,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The 101 water temperature was recorded by this buoy:

Published July 26, 2023
The reading from a buoy off Florida this week was stunning: 101.1 degrees Fahrenheit, or just over 38 Celsius, a possible world record for sea surface temperatures and a stark indication of the brutal marine heat wave that’s threatening the region’s sea life.

....but to your point, there are other factors which could lead to higher temperatures:

And maybe your buoy is near a river and there is a discharge from the river,” he said. “Or, in the case of the Everglades, there’s a lot of seaweed in the water.” Organic matter like seaweed means more dark surfaces, which are going to absorb more heat. “So a lot of complications when you’re talking near the shore,” Dr. Masters said.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟46,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The worst human history has seen is short term aberrations. Climate change means something different.

No. It truly wasn't. About 3 scientists queried the hypothesis it but it was roundly disproven.
With all due respect you don’t know what you are talking about.

You are like all the rest , hand wringing and pearl clutching but you do nothing about it.

Like Obama belly aching about climate change and rising sea levels while buy himself a nice beach front property.

Give up your air conditioning, cell phone, cars etc. tgen get back to us.
And if something isn't happenning directly to you or those you love it probably isn't actually happenning
Put your money where your mouth is. Quit posting on computers that are adding to global warming.

Look,I get it, you have bought the cool aid . You believe the sky is falling. Well, get use to it and adapt because talk is all that is going to be done about it. And the planet will survive
Wait? So do we have our freedoms now or not?
Much less.

Upvote 0