Visit site
✟1,728,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We finally resubscribed to BritBox, and I’m back to watching MI-5, which I think was called Spooks in England. It’s the type of show that I wish Americans made. Definitely worth it if you get a chance.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'll have to watch for it on DABL which is mostly shows from England. Can you give us a clue as to what it is about?
It’s about MI-5, which is, roughly, the British equivalent of the FBI. Mostly a show about counter-terrorism shortly after 9/11. Good writing, good story telling. They don’t need to make it “dark” to tell a good tale. No (or very little) foul language.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of my favorite shows when it ran here in Finland back in the day. The most awesome thing was, while the lineup changed quite a bit and you "lost" your favorite characters/actors, which is always a bummer, the new cast was always just as awesome and instant favorites.

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorite shows when it ran here in Finland back in the day. The most awesome thing was, while the lineup changed quite a bit and you "lost" your favorite characters/actors, which is always a bummer, the new cast was always just as awesome and instant favorites.
I agree. Losing Tom sucked, but Alex is cool. I just finished Zoe’s last episode, and I’m looking forward to who is next.

I think it’s because Harry is the glue. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree. Losing Tom sucked, but Alex is cool. I just finished Zoe’s last episode, and I’m looking forward to who is next.

I think it’s because Harry is the glue. :)

Yes, Harry! :heart:

Lucas (Richard Armitage) will be cool too, and if you like his style and the "Euro Spooks-spy stuff," I highly recommend the Berlin Station, my current must watch spy series: a CIA team in Berlin.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Harry! :heart:

Lucas (Richard Armitage) will be cool too, and if you like his style and the "Euro Spooks-spy stuff," I highly recommend the Berlin Station, my current must watch spy series: a CIA team in Berlin.
I’ll keep an eye out.

The thing I like about Harry is that he’s extremely demanding, almost to the point of being sadistic. But he’ll go through hell for his people.

• Agree
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’ll keep an eye out.

The thing I like about Harry is that he’s extremely demanding, almost to the point of being sadistic. But he’ll go through hell for his people.

Yes! The British Harry actor Peter Firth is so good. In a lot of BBC productions, he is the absolutely necessary main supporting actor (the glue, as you said): always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0