Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not sure if many of you know what MGTOW means but it's becoming a more common thing each year that passes. MGTOW stands for "Men Going Their Own Way". It is used to describe men who for any given list of reasons have chosen to go their own way leaving women, children and other things vacant of their entire lives. With that being said, they are by no means missionaries and is 99% of the time not religious or spiritually driven but more by circumstances, whether it be socially, medically, financially or simply not wanting to deal with the opposite sex. Many do have inward desires for companionship and love but have chosen to go without it and do everything to ignore it. I'm one of those people. Is anyone on here in that boat? What are your thoughts on this movement if one could call it that? Do you believe it's blatantly ignoring God's purpose for our lives?

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not part of this movement......But I may consider joining if my wife makes meatloaf again this week.

But seriously, It doesnt seem "Godly" to me to start a family and then leave them for no good reason. Im not saying it is wrong to do....just doesn't sit well with me at this point in time.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Correct. It's avoiding it all around. Not sure if his post was sarcastic though either. Could've been.

It does seem to be the male equivalent of what women are doing. The whole "we don't need men" mentality they seem to have...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im not part of this movement......But I may consider joining if my wife makes meatloaf again this week.

But seriously, It doesnt seem "Godly" to me to start a family and then leave them for no good reason. Im not saying it is wrong to do....just doesn't sit well with me at this point in time.
I misunderstood the "leaving women and children Vacant" line. In this case, I think it is a great thing, if you can do it. Even heard it was a Gift to be able to remain this way. Paul seems to think you can do more for God this way as well....I would agree. Hard to meditate on the word of God with a baby crying in the background. Sometimes I think about how much further spiritually I could be if I decided to remain alone.... But God had lessons for me to learn and experiences that only marriage could provide....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure if many of you know what MGTOW means but it's becoming a more common thing each year that passes. MGTOW stands for "Men Going Their Own Way". It is used to describe men who for any given list of reasons have chosen to go their own way leaving women, children and other things vacant of their entire lives. With that being said, they are by no means missionaries and is 99% of the time not religious or spiritually driven but more by circumstances, whether it be socially, medically, financially or simply not wanting to deal with the opposite sex. Many do have inward desires for companionship and love but have chosen to go without it and do everything to ignore it. I'm one of those people. Is anyone on here in that boat? What are your thoughts on this movement if one could call it that? Do you believe it's blatantly ignoring God's purpose for our lives?

They are "going their own way" because they are "Red Pillers".
They know the dark side of female nature.

90+ % American women are not virgin anymore.
70% of divorces are initiated by wives/women and men must pay alimony.
Majority of women are more interested to the inside of your wallet than your gold personality.

What a toxic condition to marry in these days.

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Robbins
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Sir Robbins. MGTOW is not God`s purpose, God is Love and God wants loving men and women. In Matthew 22: 35-40:
Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
The Bible tells us: Change our selfish thoughts for loving and caring, God wants our love and compassion. That is easy understood, and will in time make us the sons and daughters which God wants to LOVE and Care For. That is short and to the point, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. I say this with love, Sir Robbins. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Dear Sir Robbins. MGTOW is not God`s purpose, God is Love and God wants loving men and women. In Matthew 22: 35-40:
Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
The Bible tells us: Change our selfish thoughts for loving and caring, God wants our love and compassion. That is easy understood, and will in time make us the sons and daughters which God wants to LOVE and Care For. That is short and to the point, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. I say this with love, Sir Robbins. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Mgtow-Panic has the answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me this is a movement that encourages men to surrender rather than engage in dissent. Hiding from a perceived problem does nothing to solve it. "I will take my ball and go home" pun intended is a loser's attitude. If you think western society has come to the point of treating men that poorly( and there is a bit of evidence to back up the idea that white men are the new scapegoat i.e. the only group that it is politically correct to stereotype and defame) then stand up for yourself and demand the same respect that everyone else demands but don't run away and hide or you will reinforce the negative stereotype and ensure that society believes you worthy of the disrespect you receive from it.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
reinforce the negative stereotype and ensure that society believes you worthy of the disrespect you receive from it.

Don't care what society thinks and feel no sense of obligation to prove anything,Men or some Men are simply saying that they no longer wish to be involved in the insanity and nonsense,it has nothing good to offer them.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said that in the end times the love of most would grow cold, and questioned whether he would find faith on earth when he returned. As he said, "these things must happen." As our society continues to become more Godless, we will have less and less fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). It's no wonder that the effects of sin are attacking mankind's ability to be fruitful and multiply from several directions.

Our strength against pain has been waning as well. That is, things that used to be tolerably uncomfortably have become intolerably uncomfortable. The refiner's fire may be getting more painful as time passes—compared to what used to be enough to get someone to a certain point of spiritual maturity. There's also a greater sense of isolation regardless of one's social situation due to our God-shaped vacuum increasing in size. Sometimes we call this being independence-minded, protecting ourselves, or wanting personal security (as in financial security).

Some MGTOWs are undoubtedly called to serve God apart from a spouse/child-oriented life, but I think that is the minority of people. Most are experiencing the effects of sin in the world (and not their own or their parent's sin).

It's not surprising that Jesus said the he was the way, the truth, and the life. The Holy Spirit through Paul affirmed more than once that Jesus is our life. The only path out of all this is Jesus. Pray that God will grant us grace and pour out his Spirit so we can be more Godly human.

“ ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. ... And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ (Acts 2:17,21, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dear Sir Robbins. MGTOW is not God`s purpose, God is Love and God wants loving men and women.

I believe you misread my post based on this statement alone. I did not say t was God's purpose, I said how do others see it and does it interfere with God's purpose for us. I feel it does interfere because it's going down the road of a life you want and choose to live as opposed to the life God wants you to live. You won't die from it or be bound to the depths of hell but will certainly miss out on some things. However, those who choose the life MGTOW members choose to avoid lose a lot too... Just depends on how you see it

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A guy i knew years ago told me once that you learn what hatred and resentment is when you are hauled into child support court so often that you have to live in the camper shell on your truck because its all you can afford,and you go out and work all day and have nothing to look forward to but a fast food meal and a cold night in your truck,then you ride by what used to be your house and you know your children,who you see once o twice a month if she will allow it,are there with her and her new boyfriend.

Marriage family and divorce have become a nightmare for men so many of them are opting out,not worth it and not worth the risk of the hell that can follow when it goes wrong,people who have had better experiences are in no position to judge those who have not and wish to move on

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Robbins
Upvote 0