Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Nope, not blaming anything but their own actions but this whole scenario is rooted in the fear of the feminine. This does not excuse anyone's actions at all.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
<Hey, Don't Blame Us Because We Like To Bugger Young Boys

That sounds really bad. I know you're kind of empathizing with what they seem to be saying with their behavior, but look a little deeper.
I'm going to assume that you don't know what empathizing means and that you really aren't calling him a pedophile.

Demonic spirits are at work against persons in leadership positions.
Right, because shifting blame is so mature.

We can't blame others for wrongdoing,

Yes we can, our whole legal system is based on it.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are accusing Bishop Felipe Arizmendi of pedophelia. Do you have any proof ,or is it that you just enjoy defaming people with whom you disagree?

Please quote him saying that the Bishop was a pedophile.

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It's found in the title of the OP:
Hey, Don't Blame Us Because We Like To Bugger Young Boys
And in the quote from the article that prompted the OP in the first place.

Who do you suppose he was referring?

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Just to clear up the impetus for my title.

Because the lamebrain notion that TV and the Net are responsible for priests molesting children was put forth by a ranking member of the Catholic clergy, a bishop, for priests it comes with a high degree of legitimacy, which a child molesting priest could easily cite as exculpatory: "Hey, Don't Blame Us Because We Like To Bugger Young Boys. TV and the Net are the true criminals here," which is where I was coming from when I constructed the title.
And, of course, the title was not meant to imply Arizmendi was a pedophile, which would be stupid; however, as I said: trying to exonerate fellow clergy by blaming TV and the Net is little better than committing the deed oneself. It's functioning as an accessory after the fact, and in this case becoming complicit in the crime. By his dimwitted thinking Arizmendi hopes to have child-molesting priests excused of blame.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's found in the title of the OP:
Hey, Don't Blame Us Because We Like To Bugger Young Boys
And in the quote from the article that prompted the OP in the first place.

Who do you suppose he was referring?

He's referring to the bishop who is trying to defend his pedophile peers.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, not blaming anything but their own actions but this whole scenario is rooted in the fear of the feminine. This does not excuse anyone's actions at all.
\
It would seem to me that the actions are rooted in the attraction to children. I can't see your point at all.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
\
It would seem to me that the actions are rooted in the attraction to children. I can't see your point at all.

Hard to say. At LEAST 15% of molestations happen without sexual attraction. It is like rape. Rape is not always about sexual attraction. Some would say it is more often than not about power, not sexual attractions.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

It seems that they simply will not admit that this problem comes from a fear of women, a fear rooted in the belief that females are not made in God's image and likeness.

That's simply a lie about what Catholics believe.

We hold that men and women are made in the image and likeness of God. What would compel you to say something like that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

Just to clear up the impetus for my title.

Because the lamebrain notion that TV and the Net are responsible for priests molesting children was put forth by a ranking member of the Catholic clergy, a bishop, for priests it comes with a high degree of legitimacy, which a child molesting priest could easily cite as exculpatory: "Hey, Don't Blame Us Because We Like To Bugger Young Boys. TV and the Net are the true criminals here," which is where I was coming from when I constructed the title.
And, of course, the title was not meant to imply Arizmendi was a pedophile, which would be stupid; however, as I said: trying to exonerate fellow clergy by blaming TV and the Net is little better than committing the deed oneself. It's functioning as an accessory after the fact, and in this case becoming complicit in the crime. By his dimwitted thinking Arizmendi hopes to have child-molesting priests excused of blame.

There are a lot of bishops out there and it's not hard to find one idiotic comment from thousands of people.

Upvote 0