Messianic books

What are your favorite Messianic books and web sites? I'm looking for anything Messianic for children or adult

Do any of you have the Jewish New Testament. If so please tell me about it and if I should order it. Is it what Messianic Congregations are using. There aren't any were I live, so I'm learning everything on my own. Please give me any information you can. Thank you

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Shalom AJ,

What are your favorite Messianic books and web sites?

Books? By far and away, I'd have to say Avi ben Mordechai's books: Messiah Volumes 1-3 are truly amazing.

Do any of you have the Jewish New Testament.

There are several.

1) Parsimony's translation from the Aramaic texts.
2) The Orthodox Brit Chadasha (nt) - published by Artists for Israel
3) Dr. James Trimm's Hebrew Roots Version, based on the Aramaic and Hebrew translations
4) The Complete Jewish Bible, this isn't really a different 'translation' but is simply a 'jewish-fied' version where the names are given jewish slants

There are others out there as well. I think that Sojeru knows of a few more versions that were based upon the Aramaic or Hebrew original texts.

Shalom,
Yafet.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Back to the topic...

I would highly reccomend two more books:

"Paul the Jewish Theologian" and "Jesus the Jewish Theologian" both by Brad Young.

Brad Young's style is amazing because he can bring such depth in simplistic words.

Very easy reads, yet you will gain much knowledge.

shalom,
yafet.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mark Easton, who works very closely with Chuck Missler, has written a book called: The Search for the Messiah.

Another very good read. He goes through Rabbinic tradition and shows how Y'shua not only fulfilled scriptural prophecy, but also Rabbinical writings as well.

peace,
Yafet.

Upvote 0

Higher Truth

Nov 9, 2002
✟1,257.00
Faith
Messianic
If you are looking for a website that confirms the virgin birth, the Deity of Messiah, the blood atonement, where it is stated that the Messiah's sacrifice was the completion, and that animal sacrifices are no longer necessary, you can go to this site that is run by a Messianic Jewish rabbi:

http://www.shema.com

All articles are listed in the right hand column.

note: you will find no hebraic "roots" or kabbalah teachings posing as MJ on this site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Hi A.J.
blessings to you and welcome.
Im glad that you are engaing on a study and search...Simchat has basically said it all- all the ones that would be "needed".
Again, there is NOTHING BETTER than for you yourself to have the first hand knowledge of these writtings- so it is highly recommended that you learn the semetic and latin languages.
ONLINE there is a site done by a friend of mine
that promotes the aramaic portion of the Nazarene writtings ("new testament") at www.aramaicnt.org
you'll learn alot even if there is only a little there.

However, I also highly recommend that you LEARN by "hearing" because faith comes by hearing from a 'rabbi', one that has such a title, AND that has gone through the correct training to be recognised as a legitimate jewish rabbi- this is the only way you can CONNECT to what and who was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iitb

a.k.a. insaneinthebrain
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟17,935.00
Faith
Judaism
Higher Truth,
The orginal question was:

What are your favorite Messianic books and web sites? I'm looking for anything Messianic for children or adult
Keeping that in mind, I'm curious as to why you chose to post links to three negative reviews. What are you trying to accomplish?

Upvote 0

Higher Truth

Nov 9, 2002
✟1,257.00
Faith
Messianic
Justin recently inquired:

Keeping that in mind, I'm curious as to why you chose to post links to three negative reviews. What are you trying to accomplish?

AJ asked at the start of the thread:

Do any of you have the Jewish New Testament. If so please tell me about it and if I should order it. Is it what Messianic Congregations are using. There aren't any were I live, so I'm learning everything on my own. Please give me any information you can.

Simchat responded as to what he believed messianics use:

There are several.

1) Parsimony's translation from the Aramaic texts.
2) The Orthodox Brit Chadasha (nt) - published by Artists for Israel
3) Dr. James Trimm's Hebrew Roots Version, based on the Aramaic and Hebrew translations
4) The Complete Jewish Bible, this isn't really a different 'translation' but is simply a 'jewish-fied' version where the names are given jewish slants

HT responded with a link from a messianic site reviewing other messianic bibles. After I posted, I also found this on the same site:

http://www.tnnonline.net/theonews/thebible/cjb/index.html

and this:

http://www.tnnonline.net/theonews/media/fossilized-customs/

I own a copy of the CJB and the commentary, but do not use them often because it is a paraphrase, not literal.
I also own a copy of the hrv that was given to me by someone who was getting rid of it because they had left the "roots" movement, and I have reviewed the isr scriptures quite a bit as well. Of the three I would choose the CJB.

Upvote 0