West Virginia
✟15,265.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On New Year's Eve (December 31, 2006), our church had a Watchnight Service...

I was called on to do a sermon-ette and two skits...

When I prayed that day, God did not reveal to me the message He would have me to speak... When He did finally give it to me... there was very few notes...

I now feel led to post it here on this forum...

So without further ado, I will do my best to reminisce the sermon through the help of the Holy Ghost and to revise it for suitability...

Many people love to receive blessings... I am one.

However, blessings come and go... yet still... we, as Christians, are given the passage way to the Windows of Heaven, in which our Daddy blesses us abundantly.

The Word I received from the Lord is thus: 2007 is the Year of Blessings.

[bible]1 Kings 17:8-24[/bible]

When you bless others, you allow God to bless you!

It doesn't matter if it's the last thing in your hand... if you know that God is telling you to bless someone with that very thing, in doing so God will provide for you... Always remember, God is Jehovah Jireh (The Lord my Provider).

We notice that Elijah did as God had told him, and so did the widow. God ordained this as a kingdom connection between the three of them.

Therefore, God is going to do the same for us in 2007 if we listen to Him and obey Him.

There are four qualifications to receive blessings from Daddy...

1 - Praise (We must first give God the praise that He deserves. Not just any type of praise is required, heartfelt praise is the gateway to opening ourselves up to receiving the blessings in which Daddy pours out upon us.)

2 - Thanksgiving (We must then give God thanks for things He's accomplished in the past, is accomplishing in the present, and will accomplish in the future.)

3 - Willingness (We must be willing to allow God to use us and bless us. Daddy will not force us to do anything that we do not want to do. So therefore, we can either get in the boat or continue letting the journey pass us by.)

4 - Obedience (Once we have done 1-3, we are then required to be obedient to the will of God. Daddy is just like our earthly fathers... He demands obedience. If your dad told you not to touch a hot stove because it is hot, you would find out if you did it anyways. If you listen to him, however, you will be safe from the harm of the burning stove. The same concept is required of God... you listen, you are safe... and yes, therefore, you are blessed.)

In all honesty, that's all that is required of a Christian regardless of whether they seek Daddy's blessings or not.

However... to "get in the boat" for the outpouring of the blessings in 2007... there is one thing that you must do.

ASK!

Christ Himself said:

[bible]Revelation 3:20[/bible]

Daddy is ready to pour out His blessings upon us, but we have to allow Him to do so... He is not intrusive because He gave us free will... If you choose to invite Him to bless you, this is the result:

[bible]Matthew 7:7-8[/bible]

We should ask Daddy to bless us, but give ourselves to Him in return.

You would never ask someone for a dollar and not attempt to pay them back. If they gave it to you regardless, you would still try to make it up to them.

Blessing is a two-way connection, sometime three-way, four-way, etc.

God will bring different people for you to bless, and He will bless you back, abundantly.

So, come on... jump in the boat... and allow Daddy to make the 2007 the "Year of Blessings!"

Status
Not open for further replies.