ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for the late reply Monksailor and thanks so much for your time and trying to help. I would like to let you know that I'll try to reply to this tomorrow but I read it. The first important thing to say though is that I think you should sleep on time so perhaps you should reply to me at a later time but I find it sacrificial but probably not in the right way as I think God would like you to sleep on time.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sexual sin is very serious. God elevates it above all other sins in severity due to its nature. I have never used this version of the Bible but it seems to say what I am trying to tell you best:
" There’s more to sex than mere skin on skin. Sex is as much spiritual mystery as physical fact. As written in Scripture, “The two become one.” Since we want to become spiritually one with the Master, we must not pursue the kind of sex that avoids commitment and intimacy, leaving us more lonely than ever—the kind of sex that can never “become one.” There is a sense in which sexual sins are different from all others. In sexual sin we violate the sacredness of our own bodies, these bodies that were made for God-given and God-modeled love, for “becoming one” with another. Or didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body." 1Cor 6:16-20 MSG
Are you saying that sexual assault is equal to sex (sexual intercourse)??? please, state whether you are sure about this or not. And would you say that if one is raped then the two become one even if it was not consensual? (btw I have never been raped) What do other Christians say on this?
Thanks
This is what my bible says on 1 Cor. 6:16-20,
Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Let me say this first. You tell us that you do not know for sure that it was not D (you use "IF", "99.9%" and "extremely highly seems like") and if what occurred was a violation of the law or was something wrong being forced upon you (you do not give your age, faith or lack of it, whether you were a drunk or otherwise voluntary participant at the time who later, after sobering up decided you made a bad choice for "having a good time" with a sexual fling the night before and want to blame other's for your bad decisions of getting drunk or whatever and hanging out in a place of immorality, and you say that you reacted but not which way) then BOTH are participants of the crime, BOTH B and D, the doer and the accomplice. Yes, the other, if only one did it the the other was an accomplice if they did nothing to try to stop it. Just like with incest, the mother or father was an accomplice if she or he knew it but to protect their own interests they did nothing to stop it.

Please do not think that you are fine if such a crime was perpetrated upon you and there has been no penitent resolution from the offender and if that has occurred you may not be fine. Sexual sin perpetrates an unimaginable amount of trauma (esp. if the victim was a minor and even worse if it was perpetrated (or allowed) by someone who it is their duty and responsibility to protect the vulnerable child.) A VERY COMMON coping or survival technique in such a crime is for the victim to block out or push far from conscious memory things which actually occurred. I believe it is called dissociative amnesia. The poor child just cannot have in the same matrix of their mind a good daddy or mommy and a terrifying monster. This can happen to someone of any age but more so with children, I believe. I say this because person D could also have been a monster at the time but you may need help remembering it. You REALLY, really, really should see a good counselor.

Sexual sin, sadly today much of such is actually legal today and more such vile acts and perversions are to be made legal, IMO, just as the time immediately preceding the fall of the world empire of Rome. Legal or not if it is sin it WILL be judged by a much higher and powerful JUDGE. Sexual sin is a VERY destructive force and should be stopped and corrected asap.

That having been said, in response to your answer, IF A was 100% positive B is the violator and A desires to be merciful about it then in MY OPINION A should schedule a meeting with B AND D in the professional office of a qualified mediator for such matters and no less. IMO at this stage C is NOT at all a desired element of this resolution; absolutely NOT! You must NOT try to meld the two relationships as you will only destroy yourself. If C is truly a friend they will allow you this space and if they won't they are not a true friend. By what you share how they have already responded I do not think that she is a friend anyway. If a JUST resolution cannot be achieved using a mediator REPORT it immediately and do not put it off. You could be responsible for this monster violating others the longer you put off dealing with this. In MI anyway, if a person is convicted of CSC (criminally sexual conduct) they go on a public awareness site where they are identified as the risk that they are. This crime seems to be an incorrigible behavior for many cases so they NEED to be known where they are so people can keep their children safe.
No, there is a misunderstanding. I mean, A believes B commited sexual assault (from the behind). If B did not commit sexual assault then there was a D which A is 99.9% doubtful of. A is 99.9% doubtful there was a D. sexual assaut is a violation of the law. A was an adult and Christian and was not drunk and reacted badly to it. You're right, it is never the same after sexual assault or abuse occurs. A feels there's always a scar. Thanks for your point of view. This situation was years ago. A could've done better but was not experienced so A feels she could have a curse on her; in fact A already feels cursed. So are you saying that A shouldn't have told C, the wife of B and should've just talked to B about going to a qualified mediator together and if B didn't want to and denied it then to report it immediately?
A doesn't feel that what C did was bad since C is the wife of B. B denied it. I am so sorry you were so hurt deeply, Monksailor. I will pray for you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that sexual assault is equal to sex (sexual intercourse)???
IMO sexual assault is a forced, whether physically or psychologically manipulated, taking advantage of someone in a sexual manner which may or may not involve intercourse. The victim could be a voluntary participant out of coercion or psychological manipulation.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO if A had been treated by B as you have given, that IS rape, unless A was NOT under duress, psychologically manipulated, and was a voluntary, consenting adult.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the lords_pearl, Whatever you did in response to this relative to trying to deal with it and work it out is commendable if it was not like cutting off a part of B's anatomy, burning him in bed as he slept, or just just finishing his miserable life. I commend you. But this type of assault requires the involvement of professional people as I have said. It is a violation of the most intimate parts of an individual and the violation is really so intense that one needs help to work it all out, REALLY. Yes, the verse you brought up is involved here and it is complex. You need private and professional counsel: spiritually, legally, and psychologically. PLEASE DO NOT MINIMIZE THIS. YOU ARE NOT CURSED. You may feel like it as long as you refuse to deal with it in the healthy way which I suggest. Satan WILL use it to oppress, harass, and maybe even obsess you but satan can never possess a true Christian as the Holy Spirit, stronger than satan, already resides in you.

• Agree
Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can any valid Christian help me in this thread? My questions and thoughts I will put down here. I would like a thorough understanding of this topic.
Should a Christian ever report a member of their family or friend?
For instance, if your sister or friend stole something from a store (theft) and you know about it, in accordance to the law (man-made law), you should report it, but as a xtian, is it right that you don't always report a crime even if you know about it or were a victim and should seek Godly counsel in prayer and through the Holy Spirit? Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any replies for my questions in post #27? Thanks!
I think this is an advanced question, not foundational so that I can't have beginner Christians answering this question. Yes foundationally by man-made law you're supposed to report a crime even if it's your family or friend, but in my conclusion, being a Christian also means that if the Holy Spirit speaks against logical reasoning, you r to be silent. What are others' opinion on this topic. Thank you

• Agree
Reactions: Jason0009
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums