Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I see lately many people are quick to categorize normal emotions as a mental health issues.I just want to know what is defined as a mental health issues theses days,and what is just a normal emotion?Is mental health a deeper issue,such as a spiritual issue?

It is completely subjective and dependent on the culture, but if you believe in the Most High God you will know your emotions are actually learning tools.

For example, if you are sad "out of nowhere," consider the planet you live on. You are working to survive (slavery) unless you have been born with wealth/silver/gold, the world rewards bad behavior and no good deed goes unpunished. Rapes, murder, racism, sexism and general hate are so commonplace that much of it goes unreported. Every other decade there is a war that turns out to be a farce at best. Your sudden sadness, or "PBA" as it is called today, could be a spiritual barometer for the world around you.

Because we are so sick that we push the "bad things" out of our heads instead of confronting them, we always wonder why/how we can have sudden and dense emotions that seem to come from nowhere.

Even if emotions come from somewhere, it needs to be confronted. Putting "band-aids" on the problem will only turn it into a monstrosity.

Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
What you failed to include are mentally ill people who are correctly apprehending the results of their brain dysfunction.
Not at all.

Mentally ill people may correctly understand the result of their brain dysfunction - that is, they are not ignorant about it - but they may experience ignorance about the causes of their brain dysfunction.

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is completely subjective and dependent on the culture, but if you believe in the Most High God you will know your emotions are actually learning tools.

For example, if you are sad "out of nowhere," consider the planet you live on. You are working to survive (slavery) unless you have been born with wealth/silver/gold, the world rewards bad behavior and no good deed goes unpunished. Rapes, murder, racism, sexism and general hate are so commonplace that much of it goes unreported. Every other decade there is a war that turns out to be a farce at best. Your sudden sadness, or "PBA" as it is called today, could be a spiritual barometer for the world around you.

Because we are so sick that we push the "bad things" out of our heads instead of confronting them, we always wonder why/how we can have sudden and dense emotions that seem to come from nowhere.

Even if emotions come from somewhere, it needs to be confronted. Putting "band-aids" on the problem will only turn it into a monstrosity.
I agree

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Buddha helped by explaining in great detail (e.g. MN 61) how these psychological processes work, how we can modify them to achieve greater skillfulness, dispel delusion, and to achieve progressively higher states of peace and bliss in our own lives, all through the power of our own volitional choices. I find his message quite empowering.

"You yourselves must strive; the Buddhas only point the way." (Dhp 276)
I follow Christ, so I would prefer to only have quotes from the bible.

Upvote 0