• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

TheLordIsMySheperd

Oct 2, 2016
SoCal, USA
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I periodically experience this mental torment, agony. Most of the time it starts around 3pm, sometimes 2pm or 4pm. There is feeling of sadness with no reason, I feel like I want to disappear, and I am so tired of life.

Looking at the world who is getting worse and worse... greediness, self-centeredness, power abuse, hypocrisy, self-righteousness... I am just so tired of it... as I got hurt a lot by those, as I am not an assertive person. I feel like a doormat....

I really hope God will call me soon (no, I'm not suicidal, just want to disappear from this world) and I can lay my head on His shoulder... and feel safe forever with Him...

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I periodically experience this mental torment, agony. Most of the time it starts around 3pm, sometimes 2pm or 4pm. There is feeling of sadness with no reason, I feel like I want to disappear, and I am so tired of life.

Looking at the world who is getting worse and worse... greediness, self-centeredness, power abuse, hypocrisy, self-righteousness... I am just so tired of it... as I got hurt a lot by those, as I am not an assertive person. I feel like a doormat....

I really hope God will call me soon (no, I'm not suicidal, just want to disappear from this world) and I can lay my head on His shoulder... and feel safe forever with Him...
Perhaps you should become more assertive.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I think it’s hard for Christians in general not just you are sick of the world.

But Jesus told us it would get very bad in the Bible. It is a hard time to live in right now for sure.

I pray that God gives you some peace in your heart and extra faithfulness through your struggle.

* big hug *

Upvote 0

TheLordIsMySheperd

Oct 2, 2016
SoCal, USA
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I think it’s hard for Christians in general not just you are sick of the world.

But Jesus told us it would get very bad in the Bible. It is a hard time to live in right now for sure.

I pray that God gives you some peace in your heart and extra faithfulness through your struggle.

* big hug *
Thank you so much.... hugs

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is feeling of sadness with no reason, I feel like I want to disappear, and I am so tired of life.
Looking at the world who is getting worse and worse... greediness, self-centeredness, power abuse, hypocrisy, self-righteousness... I am just so tired of it...

I'm sorry that you are overwhelmed by sadness.
The world has a lot of horrible things happening and there is no sign of things improving.

Have you spoken to your doctor about these times of sadness?

Have you also tried not watching the news?
If it upsets you don't watch it.

Lastly talk about it to a trusted friend and tell God about it.

Sometimes we have to as the bible say think about those things that are 'noble and good'

Upvote 0

TheLordIsMySheperd

Oct 2, 2016
SoCal, USA
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry that you are overwhelmed by sadness.
The world has a lot of horrible things happening and there is no sign of things improving.

Have you spoken to your doctor about these times of sadness?

Have you also tried not watching the news?
If it upsets you don't watch it.

Lastly talk about it to a trusted friend and tell God about it.

Sometimes we have to as the bible say think about those things that are 'noble and good'
Thank you. No, I haven't spoken to my doctor.
The problem is I don't have a trusted friend. All of my friends are far away.
The news contributed 50% I suppose, but the other half was from what I experienced in real life.

I feel much better today after spending a long time in my silent prayer last night.

Thanks a lot...

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. No, I haven't spoken to my doctor.
The problem is I don't have a trusted friend. All of my friends are far away.
The news contributed 50% I suppose, but the other half was from what I experienced in real life.

I feel much better today after spending a long time in my silent prayer last night.

Thanks a lot...
It helps me to remember that often feelings are fleeting.

Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel sad for no reason at specifc times too. When i was 11 it was way worse, it was a wave of much sadness at a random time at night. It was awfull, altought it passed. Now i feel apathic at a certain time at night, "blue" sometimes.

Ask the Lord to take it away from you, and remember God is faithful and always does the best for us

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums