May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Debate welcome!:D

How many of you men here like to get pampered??:cool:

As you can imagine, many of us women get manicures and pedicures quite often.

Do you?

Have you ever?

Do you feel weird when you do?

If you don't, do you think men who do are a bit off?

Do you ever get massages?

Last edited:

Faithful Love

Jesus is Love and He is Faithful
May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
My macho husband LOVES to get massages! I buy him gift certs for massages quite often, because he really does love it. He feels rejuvinated, loose and relaxed afterward, and that goes a long way to help him feel good.

BUT...............:o

Mention a pedicure or manicure to the man and you'd think you'd threatened to take away his manhood at gunpoint :eek: He won't even let ME give him a pedicure. No way, no how. He is ADAMANT!

At the spa where I go to have my nails done, there are many men getting services. Some are construction workers, some are businessmen in suits. They seem to really enjoy it and they don't think it reflects badly on their masculinity.

Why do some men readily enjoy this service and other recoil?:confused:

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I Don't at all. I've had 3 massages in my life and didn't enjoy any of them...I hate being touched by strangers.

My brother in law loves the spa, massages, goes to a hair stylist...I can't understand how he enjoys all that stuff, but he's actually a good guy.

For the record, Metrosexuality annoys the heck out of me!

I'm actually growing a beard right now, the opposite of the metrosexual look!

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
As to massage... I love it. Was in a bad car accident about 14 year ago, and massage is the best thing for my back... plus, having several friends who are massuers, I know the health benefits.

As to manicures/pedicures... I confess. I have to have a manicure periodically, because I have nails that will split all the way down into the quick (which is VERY painful) if I don't put something on them to harden/protect them. There is a nail polish called "Nails for Males" that is completely matte and you can't tell it's there even if you know. Usually, I just put it on myself but sometimes I do "get my nails done" if I really need it.

And yes... I am extremely self-concious/uncomfortable the entire time I'm there and find my self trying to explain myself to the manicurists, etc.-- who usually don't even think anything of it, since there are numbers of guys who go just because they enjoy it.

Ok...now you know my most embarrassing secret...

Upvote 0

Faithful Love

May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
As to massage... I love it. Was in a bad car accident about 14 year ago, and massage is the best thing for my back... plus, having several friends who are massuers, I know the health benefits...

Yes, I have long ago learned massages are necessities, not luxuries!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As to massage... I love it. Was in a bad car accident about 14 year ago, and massage is the best thing for my back... plus, having several friends who are massuers, I know the health benefits.

As to manicures/pedicures... I confess. I have to have a manicure periodically, because I have nails that will split all the way down into the quick (which is VERY painful) if I don't put something on them to harden/protect them. There is a nail polish called "Nails for Males" that is completely matte and you can't tell it's there even if you know. Usually, I just put it on myself but sometimes I do "get my nails done" if I really need it.

And yes... I am extremely self-concious/uncomfortable the entire time I'm there and find my self trying to explain myself to the manicurists, etc.-- who usually don't even think anything of it, since there are numbers of guys who go just because they enjoy it.

Ok...now you know my most embarrassing secret...[/quote]

It's ok. Your secrets safe with us! :D

Now, how do I make a link to your post....

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All men should be forcibly given manicures!

The man in my life leaves his trimmings by the sink even though there's a bin under it, and a good few of the folks whose houses I clean seem to be pretty much the same. I find "bits" all over the place - even spread over the stairs! :o

A monthly manicure would put a stop to all that nonsense! :thumbsup:

Reactions: merryheart
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I have had a couples massage, though honestly he was so relaxed I'm not sure he was aware I was in the room. I'm not sure he would have done it otherwise...but he will go to the chiropractor.
I wish he'd get his nails done. He bites them and they look terrible.

Upvote 0

Faithful Love

May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Pirates be not interested in pampering...

Well, I took a picture of your pirate toes and you DEFINITELY should be interested in pampering:sorry:

ugly-toenails1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither for me. However, the fingernails on my left hand are kept short, whereas the nails on my right hand, I file and shape and sometimes put nail hardener on. Anyone able to guess why?

cuz yur a freek?!!?!?!!?

jk bro, I think it might have something to do with picking your nose

Upvote 0

merryheart

bookworm nerdgirl
Mar 1, 2004
Oregon, USA
✟13,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
my manly DH likes it when I give his stinky toes a pedicure, but won't even consider paying money for it. My Dad can't reach his toes, and *wants* to go, but won't because he's skeerd ^_^ and that's a guy who goes to swim aerobics with a bunch of old ladies :D

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
cuz yur a freek?!!?!?!!?

jk bro, I think it might have something to do with picking your nose

I always keep one fingernail slightly longer for just that reason. I don't eat my buggers though, unless of course no one is looking.

Massage, well, mabey. That might be okay I 'spose.

But a pedicure. What!?! :o

That really sounds kinda queer for a guy... Although I'll give FatherRick a pass because it is for medical reasons.

Although, come to think of it, because I have two daughters, I have learned to play Barbies with enthusiasm, and thats kinda gay too...

Oh well, as long as the guys at work don't find out...

Peace...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.