Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am here to ask for your help.

As I get older, I notice that my memory is not as good as it once was. This is probably a normal sign of aging, but I am concerned enough about my current experience that I have scheduled an appointment with a neurologist on March 6th. I hope to have my memory, perception, and cognition all tested to see if there is something wrong with me.

Without going into all the details, I will just say that my memory of certain things does not align with reality. Since I’ve always been very capable, this is very troubling.

When I was growing up, my family (and our circle of friends) were careful to always use only the King James Version of the Bible. As I got older, I learned to use various study guides, reference books, and so on. Nowadays, I like using the Interlinear Bibles.

Here is my dilemna: There are certain words that I remember being commonly used during my younger years, that are not in my copies of the KJV Bible. I am here to ask if these words are in your copies of the King James Bible:

Wineskins
Demon
Hallelujah
‘Holy of Holies’

James Taylor wrote a song in which one of the lines is “My wiring is mis-firing”. Maybe that is what is happening in my old head. If it is, then I hope the neurologist will be able to identify the problem.

But if you will humor an old man, and check your copies of the KJV for the words I listed, I will appreciate your help.

If it turns out that those words have never been in the KJV, then that is one more piece of information for me to consider.

When I have been checked over by the neurologist, I will try to remember to revisit this page and tell you all what I learned from him. Meanwhile, I wish you all the best and hope to meet you in Heaven.

Your brother in Christ,

Howard

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,307.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't use the KJV, but I can find all those terms in an online search of the KJV. In this case, perhaps different editions have varied slightly?

I hope that your medical checks reveal nothing beyond normal human levels of befuddlement!

Reactions: Howard1955
Upvote 0

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't use the KJV, but I can find all those terms in an online search of the KJV. In this case, perhaps different editions have varied slightly?

I hope that your medical checks reveal nothing beyond normal human levels of befuddlement!
Thank you.

Can you give me a link (or links) to the sites you’re talking about?

Upvote 0

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I used this one: oremus Bible Browser

The drop down menu for Bible version will let you choose the King James.
I just did a search there for the word ‘hallelujah’ and specified KJV.

It came up with zero results. I wonder if I’m using the search engine incorrectly?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,307.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When I do that search, I get these results:

Searching for: ‘hallelujah’​

There are 6 matches:

Tobit 13.17:​

The gates of Jerusalem will sing hymns of joy,
and all her houses will cry, “Hallelujah!
Blessed be the God of Israel!”
and the blessed will bless the holy name for ever and ever.’

3 Maccabees 7.13:​

When they had applauded him in fitting manner, their priests and the whole multitude shouted the Hallelujah and joyfully departed.

Revelation 19.1:​

After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying,
‘Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power to our God,

Revelation 19.3:​

Once more they said,
‘Hallelujah!
The smoke goes up from her for ever and ever.’

Revelation 19.4:​

And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped God who is seated on the throne, saying,
‘Amen. Hallelujah!’

Revelation 19.6:​

Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty thunder-peals, crying out,
‘Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.

Upvote 0

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, sorry, that's my fault, I didn't change the version in the right place!

I do still find results for "demon" now that I've figured that out, though.
I’m getting results for Maccabees, even though I was careful to choose KJV.

Maybe something isn’t working correctly in the search engine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No. The KJV originally included the apocrypha. Some publishers later removed them.
Thanks.

The version of the Bible that I grew up with only had 66 books, and has no apocrypha.

That is the version I know, and am now unable to find those words within its pages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am here to ask for your help.

As I get older, I notice that my memory is not as good as it once was. This is probably a normal sign of aging, but I am concerned enough about my current experience that I have scheduled an appointment with a neurologist on March 6th. I hope to have my memory, perception, and cognition all tested to see if there is something wrong with me.

Without going into all the details, I will just say that my memory of certain things does not align with reality. Since I’ve always been very capable, this is very troubling.

When I was growing up, my family (and our circle of friends) were careful to always use only the King James Version of the Bible. As I got older, I learned to use various study guides, reference books, and so on. Nowadays, I like using the Interlinear Bibles.

Here is my dilemna: There are certain words that I remember being commonly used during my younger years, that are not in my copies of the KJV Bible. I am here to ask if these words are in your copies of the King James Bible:

Wineskins
Demon
Hallelujah
‘Holy of Holies’

James Taylor wrote a song in which one of the lines is “My wiring is mis-firing”. Maybe that is what is happening in my old head. If it is, then I hope the neurologist will be able to identify the problem.

But if you will humor an old man, and check your copies of the KJV for the words I listed, I will appreciate your help.

If it turns out that those words have never been in the KJV, then that is one more piece of information for me to consider.

When I have been checked over by the neurologist, I will try to remember to revisit this page and tell you all what I learned from him. Meanwhile, I wish you all the best and hope to meet you in Heaven.

Your brother in Christ,

Howard

The English language lacks in depth of meaning as compared to the Hebrew and/or Greek .... the use of lexicons is a very valuable tool.

One can easily access lexicons here (for free)

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Upvote 0

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The English language lacks in depth of meaning as compared to the Hebrew and/or Greek .... the use of lexicons is a very valuable tool.

One can easily access lexicons here (for free)

Thanks.

Yes, I’m aware of the various study tools that are available. But my concern is that I can’t find certain words in my KJV Bibles. I even have my Dad’s old Bible, and can’t find the words in there, either.

I grew up using only the KJV, and my memory is that the words Hallelujah, Demon, Wineskins, and ‘Holy of Holies’ were in my Bible. Now, they aren’t there anymore...

...which is extremely concerning to me. Either something very strange has happened, or my memory is shot. So, I’m going to have my brain checked.

The reason I started this thread is to ask you folks to please look in your own KJV Bibles, and tell me if these words are in your copies. I already know about study resources, and have used them for many years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks.

Yes, I’m aware of the various study tools that are available. But my concern is that I can’t find certain words in my KJV Bibles. I even have my Dad’s old Bible, and can’t find the words in there, either.

I grew up using only the KJV, and my memory is that the words Hallelujah, Demon, Wineskins, and ‘Holy of Holies’ were in my Bible. Now, they aren’t there anymore...

...which is extremely concerning to me. Either something very strange has happened, or my memory is shot. So, I’m going to have my brain checked.

The reason I started this thread is to ask you folks to please look in your own KJV Bibles, and tell me if these words are in your copies. I already know about study resources, and have used them for many years.

k... go to this link

Select the KJV bible version

the do a word search on the words ... pharases

It will return the passages where they are used and also other translations where you can compare the differences

and yes .... newer translations are changing wording and phrases

Upvote 0

Howard1955

Jul 19, 2019
Dallas, Oregon
✟26,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0