weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In him is the direction ... :clap:

Of course, funny i was just thinking about that, i encounterd a problem in my personal life just now and praised the Lord for helping me do the right thing, and i knew it was Him who did that, i worshipped Him in truth and spirit at that moment. :) It was a good feeling.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, funny i was just thinking about that, i encounterd a problem in my personal life just now and praised the Lord for helping me do the right thing, and i knew it was Him who did that, i worshipped Him in truth and spirit at that moment. :) It was a good feeling.

What a difference it is to understand that worshiping him in spirit and truth is a walk like Jesus walked ... This was the walk of Job towards his friends, it turned his captivity.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What a difference it is to understand that worshiping him in spirit and truth is a walk like Jesus walked ... This was the walk of Job towards his friends, it turned his captivity.

You're right, worshiping him in spirit and truth means more than what i said, but it too applies. It was one of those moments where i wasn't trying to do the right thing, God lead me and i knew it was Him. It was good too see through those eyes for a moment. A personal thing i guess.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And now He is calling me to walk in love, to use effort, i have a decision to make and hes asking me to make it. Never mind me im just thinking out loud about my personal walk with the LOrd. :)

To understand a relationship with God is something i have been seeking. I love the Lord :)

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right, worshiping him in spirit and truth means more than what i said, but it too applies. It was one of those moments where i wasn't trying to do the right thing, God lead me and i knew it was Him. It was good too see through those eyes for a moment. A personal thing i guess.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

No two are the same but yet we are all one ... of one Father.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Jesus was human too, and Jesus embodied the Christ consciousness and served as a living example OF the Christ-Consciousness...hence the term "The Christ" or "Jesus, the Christ" This is living proof to us of our attainment and our ability as spiritual beings to turn and attain that oneness with the universal Cosmic relaity which is God, which IS all and in all.

Jesus didn't just "embody" the "Christ consciousness". He WAS the Christ. He was the ONLY Christ.
We cannot attain oneness outside of the only gate provided for us. The literal Jesus Christ, the ONLY begotten Son of God.

Their are NO other doors and NO other ways to the Father. Our being born again by receiving Him separates us from the rest of the world. Though as his creation, we all move "within Him", everyone is not "in Him" as New Testament Christianity typifies.

We receive Jesus and He comes to live within us by His Spirit. We become one in His death, burial, and resurrection by our unity with His Spirit and by us receiving His Lordship.

The problem with quoting Ghandi, is that he represents the "wisdom of man", which is foolishness to God.
Any "path to peace" without submitting your life to the person of Jesus Christ is part of the wide path to destruction. While people may say things that we can agree with in principle, we should look at their lives and what they preach.

Ghandi did not walk in the light of Jesus. Ghandi did not "embody" the Christ "consciousness". He did not profess Jesus and so even if he desired peace, He would not attain it if He did not submit His life to God through Jesus (as the only way).

We should be careful who we quote because people without a proper knowledge of the Word, can receive such quotes as an endorsement of his life, which at least publicly, did not profess Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is living proof to us of our attainment and our ability as spiritual beings to turn and attain that oneness with the universal Cosmic relaity which is God, which IS all and in all.

This is new age nonsense. We have no ability to turn and attain oneness with anything. God does it, not us. You are giving far too much credit to man. We are unable to even turn to God unless He gives us the grace to do so.

Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is new age nonsense. We have no ability to turn and attain oneness with anything. God does it, not us. You are giving far too much credit to man. We are unable to even turn to God unless He gives us the grace to do so.

So I guess you then believe that God chooses whom he wants to for salvation. Why then do we blame the sinners for not choosing God when it's up to him to make someone choose him or not. It sounds pretty cruel to me (if I was the person whom God did not choose to turn to God)

Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our beliefs are INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which does not necessarily matches up with what the author meant.

And so then why get angry over the opposition to your position on something when both of you just have your own interpretations?

Everyone has a right to their own interpretation. Why should they take yours (or someone's) over their own?

Maybe it's time to change an interpretation of a certain verse that has been interpreted incorrectly for the last 100 or 200 hundred years.

What people follow is not the Gospel Truth exactly, but different interpretations of the Gospel Truth.

THAT IS the reason why there are so many denominations. (aka: different variations of the same belief)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
So I guess you then believe that God chooses whom he wants to for salvation. Why then do we blame the sinners for not choosing God when it's up to him to make someone choose him or not. It sounds pretty cruel to me (if I was the person whom God did not choose to turn to God)

No, we choose if we want life or death. The fact is, God does the drawing. He strives with man to hear the good news of the gospel and repent. No man comes to Jesus unless the Father draws him. He is drawing, and it is by grace that we have the ability to say yes.

God doesn't choose who goes to Hell. He leaves the choice with us. It is up to us to respond to the gospel by having ears to hear (a hearing heart) and to believe and receive Jesus as our savior.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our beliefs are INTERPRETATION of the Bible, which does not necessarily matches up with what the author meant.

And so then why get angry over the opposition to your position on something when both of you just have your own interpretations?

Everyone has a right to their own interpretation. Why should they take yours (or someone's) over their own?

Maybe it's time to change an interpretation of a certain verse that has been interpreted incorrectly for the last 100 or 200 hundred years.

What people follow is not the Gospel Truth exactly, but different interpretations of the Gospel Truth.

THAT IS the reason why there are so many denominations. (aka: different variations of the same belief)

I agree that we cant attain salvation without Gods grace. I also agree that God has called us to do things our self, using His strength i guess. I know we are not perfect as soon as we come to Christ but we seek perfection in what God asks of us. To think its an easy process where we are not called to give things up and struggle seems unrealistic. We are given rules to live by, we are exhorted to obey them, im not concerned with why we are to obey them, i just know i am supposed to obey, i pray and Hope in Jesus, i want to obey what the Lord and His apostles teach us.

I have the ability to control my tongue for example. I sure ain't perfect at it, but i try. God directs me and strengthens me, but i don't get anywhere without first trying.

1Pe 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Heb_13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

1Pe_1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Php 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
Php 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What erks me though is when i read things in the NT like controlling our tongue, walking in love, casting off the works of darkness and then i come here and read other things, i hear the bible is for foolish Galatians who want to be put under the law, i hear about bibleolatry instead of idolatry. I hear that i shouldn't try to do anything good because trying is self righteousness, but the NT teaches us to do good and refrain from doing evil and the bible doesnt teach self righteousness, it seems to me that it takes grace and effort to walk that road. It isn't wide and easy, that's for sure. Wide and easy would be throwing out the bible and doing as I please instead of what pleases Him, then afterwards glorifying God for saving me anyway. That seems easy, any monkey can do that. If that's the narrow path then i'll throw out my bible right now and go do whatever my evil flesh wants. Just let me know folks if that sounds like the wide and easy road or the narrow road

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't want any of his children to perish. He draws all men to Him. But without this drawing, we would be unable to come to Him.

To say we attain some mysterious "Christ consciousness" is to give man more credit than we deserve.

Christ was 100% man. He was also 100% God. There is no "Christ consciousness."

There is only the Holy Spirit, who is also God in Spirit form.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is the point of the entire book ... and the fallacy that the serpent seeded the woman or our soul with, and still does, that through knowledge we can become like him. If the Lord does not build the house... we labor in vain. If we coud, by knowledge build this house, salvation would have been of the law and not of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What erks me though is when i read things in the NT like controlling our tongue, walking in love, casting off the works of darkness and then i come here and read other things, i hear the bible is for foolish Galatians who want to be put under the law, i hear about bibleolatry instead of idolatry. I hear that i shouldn't try to do anything good because trying is self righteousness, but the NT teaches us to do good and refrain from doing evil and the bible doesnt teach self righteousness, it seems to me that it takes grace and effort to walk that road. It isn't wide and easy, that's for sure. Wide and easy would be throwing out the bible and doing as I please instead of what pleases Him, then afterwards glorifying God for saving me anyway. That seems easy, any monkey can do that. If that's the narrow path then i'll throw out my bible right now and go do whatever my evil flesh wants. Just let me know folks if that sounds like the wide and easy road or the narrow road

This is the wandering between two mountains or two woman and their sons that the wilderness represents or the tree of knowledge represents. You see this play out throughout scripture. Cain and Abel, Enoch of Seth, Enoch of Cain, Isaac and Ishmael, Esau and Jacob, the natural and the spiritual, the sand of the sea and the stars of the heavens, two seeds. The promise is one seed.

The wandering is between our ears. If you do not eat the process ends.

The jews complained to Moses, saying why did God bring us out here, to kill us. This in fact is exactly what he brought them out there for. They are an analogy to us, of something happening in us, in our soul.

The wilderness is as the threshingfloor, a place where all the men of warfare die out.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is the point of the entire book ... and the fallacy that the serpent seeded the woman or our soul with, and still does, that through knowledge we can become like him. If the Lord does not build the house... we labor in vain. If we coud, by knowledge build this house, salvation would have been of the law and not of faith.

Yes, but God gave us knowledge too, to forsake the knowledge of Good and evil doesn't bring us closer to the Lord does it? It only leaves us blind and naked.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Spirit, Christ, or Son in us has no beginning and no end and the increase of this kingdom that has no end is the perception of our soul of this Truth of One before the world was.

But you must be willing and obedient to sacrifice your perception of the promise daily.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but God gave us knowledge too, to forsake the knowledge of Good and evil doesn't bring us closer to the Lord does it? It only leaves us blind and naked.

Gen_3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Gen_3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Rev_3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

There are two kinds of knowledge just as there are two kinds of wisdom.

Upvote 0

weathered

Jul 22, 2012
✟17,377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gen_3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Gen_3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Rev_3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

There are two kinds of knowledge just as there are two kinds of wisdom.

Rejecting the knowledge of good and evil seems foolish. Was Adam foolish for covering himself after knowing he was naked?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.