• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Medication Question...

What medication are you currently on for ADHD?

• Ritalin

• Cylert

• Adderall

• Stratera

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you take medications for ADHD?

I do. I'm currently taking Adderall and Prozac. Took many other trial and errors until we finally got to this...the best combination for me. I'm looking forward to getting a lot out of this section. Not only am I ADHD, but I also am an advocate for children with it, too. Any time anyone needs anything please, PM or ask in a thread.

God Bless....

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
mikeforjesus said:
why did u stop taking them Freak4JC
and u are no freak btw lol..
Its awesome to be absorbed in Christ all the time!
We moved to another state and our family doctor (he's an awesome doctor and a great Christian) doesn't perscribe ritalin because many people abuse it. :)

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
mikeforjesus said:
maybe ppl do abuse it on purpose but I dont think its an addictive drug.
This is the abuse my doctor is talking about:

Teacher: This kid doesn't cooperate in class he MUST have ADHD put him on ritalin.

or

Parent: I don't feel like dealing with my child if I put him on ritalin he'll calm down and I wont have to deal with it.

and other situations where it's not realy ADHD, they put the child on ritalin just so that they don't have to be dealt with him.

Upvote 0

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ritalin can be an abused drug. I was on it. When I worked in the school system I saw many cases of non-ADDers using it. For them, it's a quick high. They have even gone so far as to crush and snort it for a quicker high. Our schools now have tougher rules concerning how the medication is brought to school and they even count it out to make sure that it isn't being taken by the wrong person. It's a real shame. Some of you know that I am an ADD/ADHD advocate as well as having ADHD, myself. I've been advocating for many years and I'm not a big fan of putting children on Ritalin because it has such adverse reactions. If anyone needs help with anything...let me know.

God Bless...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mbrobeck06

Jul 16, 2008
Arizona
✟7,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
my 4 yr old son takes depakote sprinkles. It has helped him out alot. I have read several books about ADHD and feel that the reason my son was doing some of the things he did is because of his ADHD for example the constant bed wetting or day time wetting. Thank GOD for doctors that can help when meds are honestly needed. I had a cousin that had bad side affects from ritalin and promised myself that is one drug i would never put my kids on.....

Upvote 0

xScott16x

Jul 31, 2008
✟15,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to be on Adderall for several years. I found it to be quite effective, though it sometimes made me too quiet to where I really wasn't myself. Ritalin can have some nasty long-term effects, so if you're taking it I advise that you make the switch to something else soon.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
my 4 yr old son takes depakote sprinkles. It has helped him out alot.

Feel the reason my son was doing some of the things he did is because of his ADHD, for example the constant bed wetting or day time wetting.
Thank GOD for doctors that can help when meds are honestly needed.

I had a cousin that had bad side affects from ritalin, and promised myself that is one drug i would never put my kids on.....
Depakote - is accepted ?? as a prescription for "bed-wetting" :o

some of the most common Depakote side effects include:

• Shakiness (tremors) -- in up to 57 percent of people
  • Nausea -- up to 48 percent
  • Headaches-- up to 31 percent
  • Drowsiness -- up to 30 percent
  • Vomiting -- up to 27 percent
  • Weakness -- up to 27 percent
  • Dizziness -- up to 25 percent.

Upvote 0

yaweh434

Apr 27, 2007
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am on Adderall XR, 20 mg.

It works.

I took Ritilin when I was real young.

I stopped my senior year in high school.

I got sick a couple years ago (mono) and just never recovered.

Taking the adderall balances my energy levels. This is why I take it.

Do I want to get off of it? For sure!!!

I have quit it before, but then I end up drinking lots of coffee to compensate.

Next time I quit, if it be the right choice according to God's wisdom for my life, I will taper down slowly.

1 month - 15mg; 2 month - 10 mg; 3 month - 5 mg; DONE!!

Adderall FTW, as far as ADHD meds go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.