Medicare funding for Abortion

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always end up having a terrible moodswing day when I see abortions up on the theatre lists upstairs... and I have a cry afterwards...

The only reason I would have an abortion would be if I was having an ectopic. Then I'd have to pray long and hard that my fertility wasn't messed with after that!

Sasch

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Workingmum said:
Did you know that the waiting list for people wanting to adopt babies is so long that they have put an age limit of 35 years old on the prospective parents? That is, you have to be under 35 years old when your turn comes up to adopt - the catch being it takes about 10 years for your turn to come, so you have to put your name down before you're 25 years old. I have friends who can't have babies and are desperate to adopt, but they didn't get married till their late 20's, then found out in their early 30's that they would never have children (even IVF didn't work) so by the time they looked into adoption it was too late.

The reason given for the age limit - the shortage of available babies for adoption. If abortion wasn't so readily available, there would be more babies for couples who really want them.
This is off-topic, but this sort of complaint always very much upsets me. There are thousands and thousands if not millions of children needing homes. The problem is that most petty bourgeois types are looking for a "perfect" newborn, as though it were a collector's item. If potential adoptors were more willing to open their hearts to needy children who have some disability or problem, or are of a different race than the adopting parent, or are older, they would find that they could adopt quite quickly. My own parents adopted several children whom I now proudly call siblings, and no adoption took more than a year from contacting the agency to signing the final documents.

Adopting a child should be for the good of the child. If someone's heart is not big enough for a child other than a "perfect" newborn, well...I have my doubts.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Sascha Fitzpatrick said:
oops...

Sorry if my posting implied that there was any other choice, unfortunately, there isn't...

Usually you have to have an ovary taken out as well if you've suffered an ectopic, so it can seriously mess with your fertility...
Ah, now I've got it. I always have to question my knowledge on things when a nurse comments on it. I really haven't got a clue. Been pg once and he was "normal"

Upvote 0

nick18

Sep 25, 2004
Visit site
✟15,621.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
The Bad Templar said:
Tell me about it.

I've killed six Eastern Browns on my property this year so they don't attack my kids....and it's illegal! :doh:

There are millions of them out there. :mad:
How many kids have you got?

I would kill snakes if they were around here, but we live in a pretty urban area, with hardly any back yard to speak of. There is grassland across the road, so I suppose there could be some in there, but I've never seen them. The council does a good job of keeping the grass down over there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mamaneenie said:
How many kids have you got?
Three: girl 7, girl 5 and boy 2.5.

We've had some scary moments with snakes. When the girls were toddlers we found them playing five metres from a Brown and last year my wife was walking into the garage with my son in her arms when a Brown reared up at her.:sick:

True Bev, very sad. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bevlina said:
*shudder* What a snake! Hey! Was that egg a double yolker? That's a whoppa!
I haven't cracked it yet...I'm saving it for an extra-large omelette. ;)

Hey, do you think the greenies will track me down now I've posted evidence of my evil deeds on the internet?

Did you know the animal rights lobby is threatening a species with extinction? They are calling for the end of the merino sheep breed. :doh:

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Milla said:
This is off-topic, but this sort of complaint always very much upsets me. There are thousands and thousands if not millions of children needing homes. The problem is that most petty bourgeois types are looking for a "perfect" newborn, as though it were a collector's item. If potential adoptors were more willing to open their hearts to needy children who have some disability or problem, or are of a different race than the adopting parent, or are older, they would find that they could adopt quite quickly. My own parents adopted several children whom I now proudly call siblings, and no adoption took more than a year from contacting the agency to signing the final documents.

Adopting a child should be for the good of the child. If someone's heart is not big enough for a child other than a "perfect" newborn, well...I have my doubts.
I'm a pro-choice person, however I disagree that there are millions needing homes. There arn't enough agencies that provide that, and most parents would like to adopt a caucasian rather than an african or asian. Being asian myself, I've seen a lot of chinese girls die of starvation in China...

The reason why I'm pro-choice, is because we live in a democratic society.

However, if my wife was pregnant, and I didn't want the Baby, then for me the ethical decision will be left within my household, that is I will be pro-life for my Child.

I've seen many young mothers that are too young financially to have a child, and their fathers go off to disappear and create more babies...

Private health funding for abortion in my justification is wrong.

The ethical structure of abortion for me, is taht abortion should be done out of consideration of the grace rather than choice.

So I'm not really pro-choice.

Never the less, I would favor pro-choice for the benefit of society.

But I would seperate my involvement in both pro-choice and pro-life , for I know the wrath of God can come upon me.

God can say, why is it that you've ignored the pain of the poor women and have laid more burden on their backs rather than helping them get back on track with life?

Or God can say, why is it that you've supported the murders of the millions of Children...

Upvote 0