31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am having trouble swallowing and also sleeping now because I'm afraid my throat will get worse. I want to go to the emergency room tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up but I don't have medical insurance. I have tried to apply for MediCal twice (Medicare in california) but they have denied me both times but won't tell me why. I don't make hardly any money at all and definitely in the income range to qualify for medicare. Anyways, I'm basically going to the emergency room tomorrow without insurance, something I absolutely hate to do but the only other choice is to wait it out and hope it's not serious which I don't feel comfortable doing. It started yesterday morning and has gotten worse.

I just looked at my throat with a flash light and noticed small red bumps on the back of my throat so I feel a little relieved and not quite as scared it will close up. I think I have a slight fever as well but can't really tell because I dont have a thermometer.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I had a really sore throat and tried Chloraseptic spray. It made my sore throat go away.

If you run a fever or feel worse, see a doctor because you might have strep throat. Be sure to drink as much water or other liquid (warm tea?) as you can.

Chloraseptic Spray.jpeg

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am having trouble swallowing and also sleeping now because I'm afraid my throat will get worse. I want to go to the emergency room tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up but I don't have medical insurance. I have tried to apply for MediCal twice (Medicare in california) but they have denied me both times but won't tell me why. I don't make hardly any money at all and definitely in the income range to qualify for medicare. Anyways, I'm basically going to the emergency room tomorrow without insurance, something I absolutely hate to do but the only other choice is to wait it out and hope it's not serious which I don't feel comfortable doing. It started yesterday morning and has gotten worse.

I just looked at my throat with a flash light and noticed small red bumps on the back of my throat so I feel a little relieved and not quite as scared it will close up. I think I have a slight fever as well but can't really tell because I dont have a thermometer.

My bad advice .. Do not listen to me
I'm certainly no Dr but check online too, you should always consult a physician but if you're like me you wait'm out .. Strep throat can have complications but also usually will run it's course 2-5 days if that's the problem ..

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I'm sorry you're experiencing this pain and fear, and also the frustration with your insurance situation. If in the morning you're still worried you're in an emergency situation, then go to the emergency room, but if you feel well enough to transport yourself somewhere, you may want to consider going to an urgent care center instead. In addition to being extremely expensive, emergency rooms can entail extremely long waits. You're assessed when you arrive (temperature, blood pressure) and unless you're deemed to be in a state of distress that urgent care is mandatory, you'll be directed to the waiting room. An urgent care center would probably also have a long wait, but it will be much less expensive. If they evaluate you and determine you need to go to the emergency room, they'll send you there, but most likely they will be able to treat you.

If you're feeling better in the morning, you could also consider going to the nearest pharmacy. Ask to speak to a pharmacist and explain the problem. Though they're not physicians they are trained extensively and knowledgeable about many conditions. They should be able to advise you whether they think an over-the-counter treatment would help, or if you need to get a prescription medication.
With all the rain and the change in seasons it's possible that allergies are causing the problem, and over-the-center medicine can help. You can buy a thermometer there inexpensively, too.

I'll pray for you. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Most of us who have to pay for health insurance have such high deductibles that it’s out of pocket anyway, but if it was me I’d go to a doctor even if I had to setup installments. Joining in prayer for you.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray for this medical and financial issue, that You will provide the people and resources to look into both and see what acceptable provisions can be made. I pray for this one to be healed through the work that You will provide with or without the assistance of people. For Your glory, may thanks, and greater worship be rendered unto You. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Prayer for this sore throat. There is nothing to big, or small for our mighty God to handle. May God send healing and relief to this vessel and the glory will be fully given to God . Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks all you guys for the prayers. I felt way better in the morning and now I'm barely feeling the symptoms at all. I have always been really healthy so I didn't even know what an urgent care facility was until I read some of your posts. Thank you very much again I have a lot of relief, a throat that is feeling like it's closing up is a scary thing.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all you guys for the prayers. I felt way better in the morning and now I'm barely feeling the symptoms at all. I have always been really healthy so I didn't even know what an urgent care facility was until I read some of your posts. Thank you very much again I have a lot of relief, a throat that is feeling like it's closing up is a scary thing.
Yay! Thanks to God you're better! Yay!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums