Med Schools Denying Biological Sex

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
In some med schools the transgender ideology is taking over. Professors are being bullied into removing biological sex and pronouns from their classrooms when trying to teach medical students about the human body and treating illnesses. This is DANGEROUS. Men and Women are different biotically and suffer illness and disease differently because of this.

Professors are forced to apologize.

But as a dean of medicine states .

I don’t know the extent to which the stories you relate are now widespread in medical education, but to the extent that they are — and I hear some of this is popping up at my own institution — they are a serious departure from the expectation that medical education and practice should be based on science and be free from imposition of ideology and ideology-based intimidation.”

He added: “How male and female members of our species develop, how they differ genetically, anatomically, physiologically, and with respect to diseases and their treatment are foundational to clinical medicine and research. Efforts to erase or diminish these foundations should be unacceptable to responsible professional leaders.”

Trans activists are targeting physicians for differing with the trans ideology.

Trans activists have also targeted Ray Blanchard and Ken Zucker in Toronto, Michael Bailey at Northwestern, and Stephen Gliske at the University of Michigan for publishing findings they deemed transphobic. In a recent case, trans activists shut down research that was to be conducted by UCLA psychiatrist Jamie Feusner, who had hoped to explore the physiological underpinnings of gender dysphoria.

2019, the New England Journal of Medicine reported the case of a 32-year-old transgender man who went to an ER complaining of abdominal pain. While the patient disclosed he was transgender, his medical records did not. He was simply a man. The triage nurse determined that the patient, who was obese, was in pain because he’d stopped taking a medication meant to relieve hypertension. This was no emergency, she decided. She was wrong: The patient was, in fact, pregnant and in labor. By the time hospital staff realized that, it was too late. The baby was dead. And the patient, despite his own shock at being pregnant, was shattered.

Once again ideology is taking over science.

Med Schools Are Now Denying Biological Sex

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wow...where to start?

A blog from a woman with a long history of defending anti-trans positions and junk science copies something from Katie Herzog, someone who views transgenderism as a contagious disease and has been associated the hate groups calling for the mass imprisonment and surgical mutilation of trans individuals.

In it Herzog makes claims of something happening in an unnamed school by an unnamed professor as reported by an unnamed student. Wow that is convincing evidence.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Trans activists have also targeted Ray Blanchard and Ken Zucker in Toronto, Michael Bailey at Northwestern, and Stephen Gliske at the University of Michigan for publishing findings they deemed transphobic. In a recent case, trans activists shut down research that was to be conducted by UCLA psychiatrist Jamie Feusner, who had hoped to explore the physiological underpinnings of gender dysphoria.

It was the study participants that asked UCLA's Office of the Human Research Protection Program to review the ethics and safety of the study. The study is on hold while UCLA does just that.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In some med schools the transgender ideology is taking over. Professors are being bullied into removing biological sex and pronouns from their classrooms when trying to teach medical students about the human body and treating illnesses. This is DANGEROUS. Men and Women are different biotically and suffer illness and disease differently because of this.

I don’t know the extent to which the stories you relate are now widespread in medical education, but to the extent that they are — and I hear some of this is popping up at my own institution — they are a serious departure from the expectation that medical education and practice should be based on science and be free from imposition of ideology and ideology-based intimidation.”

He added: “How male and female members of our species develop, how they differ genetically, anatomically, physiologically, and with respect to diseases and their treatment are foundational to clinical medicine and research. Efforts to erase or diminish these foundations should be unacceptable to responsible professional leaders.”

2019, the New England Journal of Medicine reported the case of a 32-year-old transgender man who went to an ER complaining of abdominal pain. While the patient disclosed he was transgender, his medical records did not. He was simply a man. The triage nurse determined that the patient, who was obese, was in pain because he’d stopped taking a medication meant to relieve hypertension. This was no emergency, she decided. She was wrong: The patient was, in fact, pregnant and in labor. By the time hospital staff realized that, it was too late. The baby was dead. And the patient, despite his own shock at being pregnant, was shattered.

When did the baby die and what was the cause of its death?

I don't want to set up an account in order to read the rest of the article.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Taking the OP at face value, I pray this trend does not take hold in the medical community.

I guess "gender" is the term used to describe what you live your life as. "Sex" is a biological reality, different chromosomes, one has a uterus one has testicles. There are diseases that are exclusive to one sex or another. For example, a person born a male will never suffer from uterine cancer. Someone born a female will never need to be tested for testicular cancer. Males produce testosterone, females produce estrogen. These enzymes change behavior. There is a difference in our physiology.

Science needs to stay out of politics.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me set up a hypotheses. A person dies in a fire and the body is burned beyond recognition. How do doctors and other medical experts determine who the person is?
I know of only two ways bone structure and DNA. The only choices are male and female. No matter how many hormones or surgeries the person might have had.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Taking the OP at face value, I pray this trend does not take hold in the medical community.

I guess "gender" is the term used to describe what you live your life as. "Sex" is a biological reality, different chromosomes, one has a uterus one has testicles. There are diseases that are exclusive to one sex or another. For example, a person born a male will never suffer from uterine cancer. Someone born a female will never need to be tested for testicular cancer. Males produce testosterone, females produce estrogen. These enzymes change behavior. There is a difference in our physiology.

Wow, no one is saying that sex is unimportant when relevant to those physiological concerns. But you also act like it's a simple binary when people can be born intersex and have other conditions that would mean that having a uterus even as a male is not 100% impossible and vice versa for a female with undescended testicles (or a male that has a condition making them immune to testosterone)

They're not enzymes, they're hormones and it's not an either/or, both sexes produce those hormones, merely in a larger amount for one sex that leads to manifestation of secondary sex characteristics, though that's going to vary. Like my friend, a trans man, who was born female, but also has higher levels of testosterone so, shock, even without HRT or such, he has grown a beard. Are they ignoring science? No, because they aren't saying they are a male, they're identifying as a man, which is not tied absolutely to having testicles, etc, anymore than being a woman requires having breasts or a uterus. Otherwise any post menopausal woman who's gotten a hysterectomy is apparently a man...or something else if you want to try and break past the binary

Otherwise a castrated man is by your logic a woman. Or we could go with third gender aspects that existed in ancient cultures that applied to eunuchs, so...crazy right? That we don't have absolute certainty on this, especially with conflating terms that were used as such out of prudish sex negative attitudes from the Victorian age

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Let me set up a hypotheses. A person dies in a fire and the body is burned beyond recognition. How do doctors and other medical experts determine who the person is?
I know of only two ways bone structure and DNA. The only choices are male and female. No matter how many hormones or surgeries the person might have had.
Who the person is? Their identity is not exclusively linked to their sex or even their genetics, though the latter would be more specific in nature and wouldn't require invoking sex.

Upvote 0

Tavernier

Feb 17, 2012
✟47,864.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, no one is saying that sex is unimportant when relevant to those physiological concerns. But you also act like it's a simple binary when people can be born intersex and have other conditions that would mean that having a uterus even as a male is not 100% impossible and vice versa for a female with undescended testicles (or a male that has a condition making them immune to testosterone)

They're not enzymes, they're hormones and it's not an either/or, both sexes produce those hormones, merely in a larger amount for one sex that leads to manifestation of secondary sex characteristics, though that's going to vary. Like my friend, a trans man, who was born female, but also has higher levels of testosterone so, shock, even without HRT or such, he has grown a beard. Are they ignoring science? No, because they aren't saying they are a male, they're identifying as a man, which is not tied absolutely to having testicles, etc, anymore than being a woman requires having breasts or a uterus. Otherwise any post menopausal woman who's gotten a hysterectomy is apparently a man...or something else if you want to try and break past the binary

Otherwise a castrated man is by your logic a woman. Or we could go with third gender aspects that existed in ancient cultures that applied to eunuchs, so...crazy right? That we don't have absolute certainty on this, especially with conflating terms that were used as such out of prudish sex negative attitudes from the Victorian age
Sex IS a simple binary. Aberrations define nothing, except to be aberrations to the norm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

okay

so what’s the problem?

is treating everyone with dignity and respect contrary to the Lord saying “I give you a new commandment: LOVE ONE ANOTHER”

so, what’s the problem again?

there is an INFINITE spectrum of individualitys. why, because the Lord God creator is INFINITE.

that would seem to indicate that stone age beliefs may just possibly require some updating. of course, they are easier to update, when there isn’t such a pushback from groups that may have misunderstood what the Bible really says.

so, what’s the problem?

• Friendly
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
they're identifying as a man, which is not tied absolutely to having testicles, etc, anymore than being a woman requires having breasts or a uterus. Otherwise any post menopausal woman who's gotten a hysterectomy is apparently a man...or something else if you want to try and break past the binary

You are born with a penis or vagina exept for the very rare hermaphrodite. Sex is set at birth. Gender is what you think you are or what you want to be but deciding you are a woman does not give you a vagina. That is a mental thing not physical. Gender dysphoria I think it's called when you are confused about what sex you are.

A castrated man would not be a woman because he was born with balls. He would be a man with no balls. Just like slapping a strap-on [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] on your crotch doesn't make you a man.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You are born with a penis or vagina exept for the very rare hermaphrodite. Sex is set at birth. Gender is what you think you are or what you want to be but deciding you are a woman does not give you a vagina. That is a mental thing not physical. Gender dysphoria I think it's called when you are confused about what sex you are.

A castrated man would not be a woman because he was born with balls. He would be a man with no balls. Just like slapping a strap-on [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] on your crotch doesn't make you a man.
Pretty sure no one with any sense uses hermaphrodite, but it's not like most of the world cares about treating LGBTQ with respect or learning new things

No one said that: why is it you have to strawman to make some point when no one remotely claims that gender identity affects sex?

Gender dysphoria is the experience, but the solution is not to repress it and just act like you're wrong for feeling that way

And no one says they are a male because they use a strap on: at most a figurative sense of being a man in that copulation, which doesn't require having a penis or such in the broad sense of the term

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Sex IS a simple binary. Aberrations define nothing, except to be aberrations to the norm.
The norm is not merely the binary, much as that would make you comfortable. An aberration is more than just being different, it actually causes maladaptive issues, like how my executive function is shot and I work at probably half efficiency most of the time because I can't maintain focus as well as I used to. That's like saying being gay is wrong merely because less people have that sexual orientation rather than that it's arguably a variation in human sexuality that doesn't have innate harm to it. Because otherwise we have to ignore how more sexual assault would logically happen with straight people, but we don't call being straight aberrant, right?

But my friend living as a man after contemplating this for years, if not a decade or more, is not causing you or anyone any problems just to request that you not intentionally misgender them, unless you think your comfort matters more than anyone else, in which case I have one word in response: narcissism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When did the baby die, and what was the cause of its death?

I don't want to set up an account in order to read the rest of the article.
I'm not a fan of The Federalist but their article answered my questions.
Baby Dies Because Doctors Were Told His Pregnant Mother Was A Man

The person who filled out this person's information did exactly what the LGBT community wants.
The man said he was transgender so the info. on his chart said, man as is required.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
the solution is not to repress it and just act like you're wrong for feeling that way
I think that's exactly the solution. Not to feel shame but to understand that you have a mental illness that needs to be treated. Whether that means mutilating your body or accepting yourself for who you are is a personal decision.

I don't think there should be laws to outlaw transgenders mutilating themselves. I just think we need to be clear about what a male is and what a female is. A male who feels like a female is still a male. They can have themselves mutilated to resemble a female but they will NEVER BE a female. They would be male with surgically altered genitals and breasts.

We don't get to choose our sex, we can just have ourselves altered to resemble the gender we wish we could be.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was the study participants that asked UCLA's Office of the Human Research Protection Program to review the ethics and safety of the study. The study is on hold while UCLA does just that.
Sorry. Did I miss a link to this?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Science needs to be PART of politics especially anything related to stuff science has a say on. Politics need to stay out of science.

Upvote 0