Mar 6, 2006
Scotland
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This verse:

…if God had not driven some people back by means of others, monasteries, churches, synagogues and mosques, where God's name is mentioned much, would have been pulled down and destroyed. God will certainly help those who help Him - God is All-Strong, Almighty.
(Surat al-Hajj: 40 )

its almost that. I seem to remember its in the bit with the laws for an islamic state. but it might have been a member that posted it.

Upvote 0

evange

Eu amo anchova
Nov 15, 2005
london
Visit site
✟8,932.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Let's say Vatican City. What percentage of the population is non-Catholic? Should synagogues and mosques be allowed there?

but as far as I know, anyone can visit vatican. I'm not a catholic yet I've been there.

Upvote 0

evange

Eu amo anchova
Nov 15, 2005
london
Visit site
✟8,932.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, this is not true, there are many foreigners who live in Mecca, let alone most of Saudi Arabia.

I seem to recall a news story a few months ago where a non-muslim cab driver in mecca entered like old-mecca/sacred-mecca, and was murdered for it.

Upvote 0

evange

Eu amo anchova
Nov 15, 2005
london
Visit site
✟8,932.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There's nothing else in the city but the Sacred Mosque. People go for worship, not for tourism.

So basically unless you're into cube-worship, saudi arabia blows.

Maybe pagans want to go visit their shrine too? it used to belong to then you know.

Upvote 0

BibleMadeMeDoIt

Jul 23, 2005
Buffalo NY
✟8,802.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
i see nothign which would compel me to become a muslim because i see no love of nonbelievers from them

There is actually more lines in support of non-believers in the Quran than support for non-Jews and non-Christians in the Bible. The Bible says Jews were to never marry or make treaties with non-Jews, Quran gives Muslim men permission to marry Jews and Christians without converting them. The Bible says Yahweh was the God of the tribe of Israel, while the Quran says God is the God of all who seek him. The Quran also says a good Jew and Christian can be blessed by God and enter heaven but the Bible makes no exceptions for good worshippers of any other religion besides Judaism and Christianity later.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.