Meaning of your username (handle)??

Hi All,
cool thread, chose mine as sort of a play on words. my first name is David, and in Hebrew it means beloved one. it refers to a close male relative or close friend. and I chose the Lion as my avatar, as a reminder of the early christians who payed the ultimate price... being feed to lions for proclaiming Jesus as their God. later, Dave

Upvote 0

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
Stogus Maximus

Stogus is Latin for Stogie - Stogie is slang for Cigar.
Maximus is Latin for.......oh alright I am making it up.

I am a cigar smoker and a Gladiator fan....Stogus Maximus.

"My name is Stogus Maximus, commander of the armies of the humidor, general of the Cigar legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Arturo Fuente. Father to a murdered stogie, husband to a polished lighter, and I will have my smoke, in this life or the next."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A theorem stated that chaos was not simply a random happening to chance, but rather that within chaos lies a place of complete order.

Wether for instance is chaoic i appearance, but follows a strict set of rules that are neve changing.

The author of the theory stated that within this chaos there was a center, or "zone" of control and order. He went on to say that it was this "zone chaos", and not the apparent chaos, that was key to undestanding how chaos works and can be defined, determined and predicted.

I read that in a book when I was about 14 in a book store while waiting for my mom to pick up some stuff. :)

It stuck. When I got home, ZoneChaos was born, and I have been using it ever sense.

It seems to follow my personality too:

Always causing reactions out of people, by seemingly random events, but with a master design in mind. :) I like to stir the pot if you will, but there is always a method to my madness. ;)

Upvote 0
Thought I'd throw mine in here. Ever since I was very young, I've been one to walk my own path. I don't like the idea of just doing what everyone else does and beliving what others tell me. I was raised in a Christian home, with very strong beliving parents. My father has a degree in theology and was a minister for many years. Although I was raised in this environment, I belived with my head, but wasn't totaly convinced until I had researched and looked into litteraly hundreds of other religious beliefs.

dissenter \Dis*sent"er\, n. 1. One who dissents; one who differs in opinion, or declares his disagreement.

I've always been a dissenter. I love going against the masses. I guess that's a small part of why I love being a Christian. I like being differant than the rest of the world. In a way, we are all dissenters.

The two books that I read as I was trying to get proof of Christ and christianity were:
Evidence that Demands a Verdict, by Josh McDowell, proves much of the Bible using secular historical documentation and archiological findings.
Handbook of Today's Religions, by Josh McDowell, gives a great description of the core belifes of most of today's religions.
Both are great references IMHO.

Upvote 0