N/A
✟49,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
7.Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8.Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9.Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
I somewhat have an idea of what the scriptures are saying,but I want to make sure I am interpreting it right.Can someone tell me what these scriptures mean?

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
7.Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8.Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9.Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
I somewhat have an idea of what the scriptures are saying,but I want to make sure I am interpreting it right.Can someone tell me what these scriptures mean?

Jas. 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

• Informative
Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
7. Be true to the humanity God gave you, resist corruption and yo will become naturally immune
8. Be honest, true and good and life will come to you. Hypocrites have no place in civil society, your obligation is to stand by principle
9. You can't please everyone all the time but you can make people ashamed of their hypocricy!
tada!!

• Informative
Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jas. 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
i.e. don't placate the mainstream.. be a beacon of light!

• Informative
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's talking about drawing near to God.

God Bless.

• Informative
Upvote 0