McCain's "uh oh"

pringleridge

Feb 14, 2008
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With McCain being the presumptive nominee, aren't people worried that his supporters wont bother voting for him on Tuesday? I know Huckabee's supporters are going to make it their mission to go vote.

Also, Rush is encouraging repubs to vote for Hilary for strategic reasons...

I see trouble ahead for McCain.

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
With McCain being the presumptive nominee, aren't people worried that his supporters wont bother voting for him on Tuesday? I know Huckabee's supporters are going to make it their mission to go vote.

He is up almost 30 in most of the polls. He will get enough to win.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Talk radio lost a LOT of influence by being plastic cheerleaders for neocon policies and now some chickens are coming home to roost. McCain and Obama are going to be the nominees but boy would i love to be in the room when hillary admits she must withdraw!

Upvote 0

pringleridge

Feb 14, 2008
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He is up almost 30 in most of the polls. He will get enough to win.

Based on polls, yes, that would be the correct assumption. However people saying they would vote McCain doesn't mean they will have the perseverance to go out and actually vote. Why should they? They're not worried...there's nothing to prove.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

You don't really KNOW that, it's your hope and perhaps what your friends are saying. If you were involved with the McCain campaign and I'm sure you would be hearing his supporters say the same thing

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mccain's running mate will have a lot of influence in how people vote. Oh, quick line from which movie: 'Being Vice President is better than being the President.' 2nd person 'Iam sure you're right.' 1st person 'Yeah, cause nobody wants to shoot the Vice President.'

Upvote 0

mozart250

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
✟230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This strategy is nothing new.

In the Michigan Democratic primary, the "Daily Kos" was suggesting that Democrats vote for Romney for exactly the same reasoning.

As for me, I will be voting for Ron Paul tomorrow in our Vermont primary that nobody cares about.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Why? With Romney's endorsement, McCain has the nomination locked (assuming endorsement means Romney delegates will be instructed to vote McCain).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pringleridge

Feb 14, 2008
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No way. It's not possible for Huckabee to win. IIRC, even if Huckabee gets all the remaining delegates (which isn't going to happen), he won't get enough to win.

If Huckabee prevents McCain from getting the remaining delegates, they could face off at the convention. Which is possible if people dont bother to vote for the sure-thing.
With Huckabee's momentum, repubs may have buyers remorse with McCain. That could happen even if McCain does get the remaining delegates.
Given McCain's age, his demeanor, and his moderate views, he'd be more fitting as Huck's VP if you ask me.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Huckabee prevents McCain from getting the remaining delegates, they could face off at the convention.

It won't matter, Mccain has 1033 delegates according to CNN, and need 1191 to win, Huckabee has 247, Romey has 255. Romney endorsed McCain, and AFAIK that means Romney's delegates go to McCain, so McCain has in essence already won.

Assuming that at least half of Romney's delegates go to McCain then that puts McCain up to 1160 delegates. That's 31 delegates he needs to win in the rest of the primaries. I'm sorry, but there's no way he's not going to get at least 31 delegates. In order for Huckabee to keep McCain from getting those delegates there would have to be a swing in the votes of an unprecedented proportion. That ain't happening.

Upvote 0