Dec 10, 2006
✟18,216.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not to mention the fact that if we ended up with an unpopular candidate as our president-by-default based on mudslinging and scandal I wouldn't expect that president to last very long.
Huckabee is not unpopular, he has a very strong base of support, and is very strong on issues of faith and family, the very issues where McCain is weakest.

Upvote 0

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟20,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MacCoyle said:
Oh no, I think the story is false. I just don't think it is right to attack the paper. The Obama "scandal" has less sources then this story.

Eh, I think it's more than likely true, but unless we learn that he's been abusing public funds to shuttle around his mistress *cough*Giuliani*cough* I don't see why it should be anything to be concerned about.

Funny how the burden of proof is different for the left and the right. Multiple national newspapers won't cut it, but a yahoo with a video camera somehow does.

LilGeorgiaPeach81 said:
Ok, I've been thinking about this a lot since the news broke about McCain's possible scandal. I know everyone is saying this is just the liberal bias of a New York newspaper coming into play, but just maybe it is the work of a higher power, acting a miracle to bring that nomination to Huckabee after all. If the bottom drops out for McCain now, Huckabee could win all the rest of the primaries and be the nominee!

Then be utterly destroyed by Obama.

Upvote 0

silentreader

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2007
✟18,567.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm loving the conservative response to this story: "LIEBERAL MEDIA :mad:"

When would have been a better time for the NYT to release this? Personally I'm going with the day after Romney suspended his campaign.

considering they had this story and held it and then endorsed mccain and then released it is immoral. it is a political hitjob by the head of the liberal media (NYT).

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2006
✟18,216.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eh, I think it's more than likely true, but unless we learn that he's been abusing public funds to shuttle around his mistress *cough*Giuliani*cough* I don't see why it should be anything to be concerned about.

Funny how the burden of proof is different for the left and the right. Multiple national newspapers won't cut it, but a yahoo with a video camera somehow does.

Then be utterly destroyed by Obama.
If Huckabee is the nominee, Obama (or Clinton) will lose.

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny how the left has so much faith in this story, which provides no source, but completely rejects the Obama scandal which has a source.

Bull. Quit lying. I'm the OP and I've already stated that I don't think this holds water, (barring anything new of course). I posted it to see what the Obama "scandal" proponents would say. Many have mysteriously failed to see this thread.

A quack on youtube is not a source.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Huckabee is not unpopular, he has a very strong base of support, and is very strong on issues of faith and family, the very issues where McCain is weakest.
He is unpopular in this election based on the votes so far. That's what I'm gettng at. If the only way he could win is to wipe out all the existing competition there is a problem. I wouldn't want a president-by-default and neither would most of the country if the polls tell us anything. I really don't care that he is popular with the faith-based crowd because he isn't running for preacher, he is running for president. That's something people don't get sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are sources. NYT are just not revealing them. They will eventually come out.

Corey they have been working on it since September. Mccain first found out about it in October.

According to the reports I've heard the story was ready in December.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am waiting for them to reveal their sources. I still think it is false though.

It is a rather dubious story, but given his prior actions with Keating, it's one that has the ring of truth to it.

That's the difference here Mach. McCain has a documented instance of going to bat for someone in a way that at the very least gave the appearance of corruption.

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2006
✟18,216.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He is unpopular in this election based on the votes so far. That's what I'm gettng at. If the only way he could win is to wipe out all the existing competition there is a problem. I wouldn't want a president-by-default and neither would most of the country if the polls tell us anything. I really don't care that he is popular with the faith-based crowd because he isn't running for preacher, he is running for president. That's something people don't get sometimes.
It's high time we had a president who was a preacher! And not just one who talked the talk like Bill Clinton with his homilies (and his Monicas).

If it's between McCain and whoever, I won't shed a tear for McCain's loss. But if Huckabee is the nominee, I have faith that he will win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.