Maybe the Salvation Army can help me with this SOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmessenger

Jun 28, 2006
✟10,071.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Two days ago I wrote Oprah and the media for help. This is why, I posted online at a community board in my state that I had two a/c's that I wanted to give away for free due to the heat wave and also God's leading that there were people out there with a desperate need. Instead of getting maybe 20-40 responses, I received over 100 and growing. I spent a long time on the computer last night responding to each one of them who were desperate. This is what I wrote-

Still pending, a few people have appt's to see them so far, the first was at 5pm tonight and it looks like it may be no show. The second is for the morning, I will keep everybody posted. I had over one hundred replies on this and still growing. The response was overwhelming for it came from the sick, elderly, shut-in's, homeless shelters, battered women shelters, families with children, struggling students, friends who know of others who are in need, family who want to help their family members.. I have about eighty messages to read yet, I am sure there more situations that I haven't
listed. There is a major need for air conditioners and a lot of people suffering without them out there. More than I ever realized. It really touched my heart today with tears for all, I wish I had an air conditioner for everyone. I even went as far to take action by writing Oprah and Channel 2 news for help. I haven't heard back, which doesn't surprise me, although it is dis-appointing, who knows what tomorrow will bring. I will pray for all, that God will make a way financially or send a gift of love to everyone through a source that will bless them with an air conditioner. Nobody should have to suffer through this heat. I'll keep everyone posted on the two that I have and also any news from possible sources willing to help. God bless you all.

Please pray for these people and this need, it isn't the biggest need in the world, but, people are suffering none the less. The letters and emails are streaming in still and each one of them is cry for help in this matter. They are willing to travel across the state or into the state for these. Pray for God to open hearts at the media so that I can put out this message and Lord willing someone will respond. Also, pray that God would give me the guidance who to write. If you have any ideas, suggestions or sources that you know of that I could write, please write to me. I am reaching out to you for help, knowing that the same spirit that dwells in me dwells in you. I will post this message on other boards as well just to reach others. I thought this site would be helpful since the Salvation Army has helped so many people in need all over the world.

It is no accident that this happened. I believe God is going to be glorified through this somehow. I don't know what it will look like, but, I know He cares about them. Three days ago, I would have never thought I would be writing a request for help on this, and about air conditioners for needy people. The letters about the sick, unemployed, elderly, babies, animals....I need a miracle. I believe!

God bless you. You can write here or PM, I will look at both. With God all things are possible. I deeply appreciate your prayers and ideas, suggestions, right now. Stand in the gap with me? Thank you so much! :prayer:

FTIO

Jul 20, 2006
✟15,121.00
Faith
Protestant
One thing that you could do is try to get on a current affiars program and talk about the need and give your plight for help. I don't know much about American television, but here in Australia these programs report on the most stupidest things (e.g. neighbours fighting each other) such that yours would be worthy of receiving coverage.

Another possible way of gaining media coverage is via radio. Most local radio stations, particularly the Christian community radio stations, should give you media coverage on any events or fund-raisers that you may have or they may even be able to give you an interview. My local Christian radio station (Rhema 99.7 FM) several months ago had an interview with someone who was trying to raise funds for some purpose (it was some time ago so I've forgotten what it was).

Additionally, you can try to contact The Salvation Army in America and talk to them about your plans <salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn.nsf>, but no assurances about whether or not they'll go with your plan financially as The Salvation Army, I believe, is on a limited budget and must decide the most effective way of spending money to help the largest amount of people possible who are suffering from a range of things. Other denominations may also be able to help you out. Air conditioners cost an awful amount of money however...

If you heard God correctly, then it will come to fulfillment according to His will. I am impressed by your faith and that what you believe will come to pass. It is also a noble cause. Until this comes to pass, there are several places, such as shopping centres, which one can take 'refuge' in during the hottest parts of the day.

Just out of interest, what kind of temperatures are you talking about?

Looking on the bright side, I guess, at least summer only lasts for a few months and next year it may not be as bad. Right now, I can't wait for summer (we're in the middle of winter with temperatures of about 15 degrees C - about three-five degrees C colder than usual) as I'm freezing my butt off and we can't use the air conditioner until 8:00 PM due to the fact that the highest rates are between 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM. That's Australia for you, hot as hell during summer and cold as ... Pluto ... in winter. ;)

I will join others in interceding for you in prayer that God's will may be done in this situation.

God bless.

Your brother in Christ,
FTIO.

Upvote 0

Jdmessenger

Jun 28, 2006
✟10,071.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
FTIO said:
One thing that you could do is try to get on a current affiars program and talk about the need and give your plight for help. I don't know much about American television, but here in Australia these programs report on the most stupidest things (e.g. neighbours fighting each other) such that yours would be worthy of receiving coverage.

Another possible way of gaining media coverage is via radio. Most local radio stations, particularly the Christian community radio stations, should give you media coverage on any events or fund-raisers that you may have or they may even be able to give you an interview. My local Christian radio station (Rhema 99.7 FM) several months ago had an interview with someone who was trying to raise funds for some purpose (it was some time ago so I've forgotten what it was).

Additionally, you can try to contact The Salvation Army in America and talk to them about your plans <salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn.nsf>, but no assurances about whether or not they'll go with your plan financially as The Salvation Army, I believe, is on a limited budget and must decide the most effective way of spending money to help the largest amount of people possible who are suffering from a range of things. Other denominations may also be able to help you out. Air conditioners cost an awful amount of money however...

If you heard God correctly, then it will come to fulfillment according to His will. I am impressed by your faith and that what you believe will come to pass. It is also a noble cause. Until this comes to pass, there are several places, such as shopping centres, which one can take 'refuge' in during the hottest parts of the day.

Just out of interest, what kind of temperatures are you talking about?

Looking on the bright side, I guess, at least summer only lasts for a few months and next year it may not be as bad. Right now, I can't wait for summer (we're in the middle of winter with temperatures of about 15 degrees C - about three-five degrees C colder than usual) as I'm freezing my butt off and we can't use the air conditioner until 8:00 PM due to the fact that the highest rates are between 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM. That's Australia for you, hot as hell during summer and cold as ... Pluto ... in winter. ;)

I will join others in interceding for you in prayer that God's will may be done in this situation.

God bless.

Your brother in Christ,
FTIO.
Thank you FTIO for your suggestions on the media, yes, I will explore those avenues later today. I appreciate your encouragement. I will update later to what God is doing currently, amazing! In short, people are writing in asking where I go to church and are drawn I feel to the love of Christ. It has been over 100 degrees on some days, truly, a very hot time for everyone, especially those who are without a/c and this includes babies, children of all ages, the elderly, even animals (pets).. Thank you again for your prayers!

Upvote 0

Jdmessenger

Jun 28, 2006
✟10,071.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This is what I just wrote and sent out to over one hundred emails regarding this desperate need --

The a/c's have been taken tonight. It went to a needy home with a child who
has muscular dystrophy. I am happy they will be blessed. To everyone else,there is hope, I have written to several organ-izations already and plan on writing to a few more before I go to sleep. I know my desire to help you may sound unusual, but, honestly, if you knew me, you would understand. My
heart goes out to all of your situations. I am a believer in the power of prayer, I will stand in the gap for you and this need.

Recently, I have received a miracle in my life. I had major back surgery where they took out one of my ribs and put a prosthesis in my upper back area. It was an affliction that I have endured since my adolescence. Walking and running were always difficult, muscle stiffness and pain. Since the surgery and recovery of seven months, I am healed, my back is perfect, I can walk perfect, I will be running very soon... so, my heart is full, I am grateful
to God and truly believe that what miraculous gift that God has provided for
me, He will provide for you, even with your air conditioners and everything
that goes with it. So, with that said, trust me, I will do whatever I can with God's help to bring this to the right person. I will keep all of your replies that you sent to me for an a/c and write you as soon as I hear something. God bless you and keep the faith! Jill

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Have you tried requesting working a/c's from the city you live in? Let people know what your doing they may bring in one's they don't need or even money. Most local tv does announcements and may even interview you. Call local companies that deal in a/c's maybe they can give you ones they take out when putting in new. I would also contact your local Salvation Army and other charities like Goodwill, United Way to see if they can help as well. Good luck and God Bless this burden you have taken on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.