Max Lucado Rocks!

aria384gp:)

FORGIVEN
Oct 22, 2003
✟15,731.00
Faith
Christian
Does anyone else love his books as much as I do?

I just finished He Chose The Nails, and let me tell you this Preacher is so gifted, he truly has a gift from God, and Six Hours, One Friday, Unforgettable. The way he writes everything in ways you can understand is such a blessing.

God bless you, Mr. Lucado, you rock!

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I haven't read those books, but I've read "A Love Worth Giving", and it was awesome. It totally changed how I understand the concept of loving others, not to mention myself. I'm definitely interested in reading more of his books. He has a real gift for writing.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't it amazing how they cause you to look at things in a whole nother perspective?

That's so true. I'm just glad to have such inspiring and edifying books to read. So many times I am uncertain of what I pick up, even at the Christian bookstore.

Upvote 0

Perk

"Just Past Oysterville"
Dec 10, 2003
Pacific Northwest
✟175.00
Faith
Christian
I've been a fan of Lucado's for a long time. I think I've read every book, but my favorite is still "No Wonder They Call Him Savior" I read it again every year!

Blessings,

-Perk

Perry P. Perkins
Novelist
Just Past Oysterville: Shoalwater Book One
Chapter One? perryperkinsbooks (dot com!)

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
aria384gp:) said:
He writes childrens' books? That's awesome. I definitely have to check that book out, Jenna. Isn't it amazing how they cause you to look at things in a whole nother perspective?
The children's books that we have are :

Just In Case You Ever Wonder - It's a beautiful way to explain not only how much a parent can love their child, but also how much our heavenly Father loves us and how much He wants us all to live eternally with him.

Alabaster's Song - A wonderful Christmas story told by a Christmas Tree Angel named Alabaster about what it was really like to be present at the birth of Jesus.

Jacob's Gift - Another Christmas story about the gift that a young carpenter named Jacob is able to give to Baby Jesus.

The Crippled Lamb - This one is probably my favorite. Joshua, the lamb, was different, and he often felt left out. But the book shows that despite his disability, God had a special plan for him. Because he was left behind the rest of the flock, he witnessed the birth of Jesus and was able to give Him the one thing He needed most.

Makes me tear up just thinking about how sweet these stories are. :)

There are probably 5 or 6 other Max Lucado children's books...maybe more. Definitely check into them.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His best children's book is You are Special. It brings tears to my eyes when I read it, and I don't even have any kids. My summary of it wouldn't bring it justice, so here's a link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0891079319/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-9193650-4364817#reader-page

But his adult books are great too. I own a lot of them. If you haven't read Travelling Light, it's wonderful! He Still Moves Stones is also excellent. And I second Jenna's review of A Love Worth Giving....it's great too!

Upvote 0