Matthew McConaughey and Russell Brand blast the 'illiberal far left' and Hollywood stars who...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...'condescend and patronize' Americans who voted for Donald Trump

Matthew McConaughey and Russell Brand have lashed out at liberals who 'condescend and patronize' conservatives.

The actors made the comments during a discussion about politics on Brand's Luminary podcast, Under The Skin, which was released earlier this week.

Brand, 45, began by asking McConaughey, 50, whether he had noticed a 'condemnation and criticism of ordinary working people' by those on the left.

'[There is] a kind of offhandedness, like, "Oh, they're dumb, they're voting for Brexit, they're voting for Trump." I don't like it, and I don't like to hear it,' Brand stated.

McConaughey replied: 'There are a lot [of people] on that illiberal left that absolutely condescend, patronize, and are arrogant towards the other 50 percent'.

The actor then went on to criticize some of his Hollywood peers for refusing to accept the results of the 2016 election.

'I'm sure you saw it in our industry when Trump was voted in four years ago, they were in denial that was real. Some of them were in absolute denial,' McConaughey told Brand.

Continued below.
Matthew McConaughey and Russell Brand blast 'illiberal far left' for patronizing conservatives | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: Taodeching