Matthew 24 , Mark 13 and Luke Jerusalem/Temple Discourse Harmonized.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks for this friend...friend can I ask...what is the best edition of Josephus's work. i'm worried about getting an eidtion that modernises the language too much

if you can recomend to me an awesome translation that'd be great :)

You can download eSword for free online.
It allows you to download the works of Josephus for free, in the reference section of the program.

e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
thanks for this friend...friend can I ask...what is the best edition of Josephus's work. i'm worried about getting an eidtion that modernises the language too much

if you can recomend to me an awesome translation that'd be great :)
Hello S R.
Thank you.
Below are some links you can go to.

After this, please stay on the topic of the verses I have put up from the Discourse.

I will also be going thru each of them I have posted with commentaries and translations of them.
========================
The Works of Flavius Josephus

Flavius Josephus - Complete Works and Writings

Work info: Josephus: The Complete Works - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

"Preterist site" also has extensive studies on him.

I keyed "Josephus preterist site" into google and here is a list that came up at this link:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&sxsrf=ACYBGNTR5l45qk62dPLsf6XUfGeB64L1YQ:1573133069932&source=hp&ei=DRvEXZGSNs-8tQWztI2oCw&q=josephus+preterist+archive&oq=Jos&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39l2j0l8.4608.6248..12042...0.0..0.456.739.0j2j4-1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.3zBUknVNwSI

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Josephus and the 1st century Jewish Wars/70 AD Olivet Discourse

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive
Josephus and Jewish Wars Timeline.

=========================
Matthew 24:6 “And you will hear of battles and rumors of battles. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass,
but the end is not yet.

================================
A fairly good vid on the Jewish Wars and 70ad Jerusalem...

The entire documentary on the Roman Siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD. This massive battle is one of the most stunning of all antiquity. On display were impressive siege works and feats of bravery on both the Roman and Jewish sides as they fought mercilessly over every inch of Jerusalem. Fighting would even make its way up the the inner sanctums of the Temple Mount and witness the destruction of the Second Temple.
Literary Sources: "The Jewish Revolt" by Si Sheppard "The Forts of Judaea" by Samuel Rocca "Legions of Rome" by Stephen Dando-Collins "Uniforms of the Roman World" by Kevin Kiley

=======================================

I also have a few threads on CF about him if you and or others are interested.
[I do not want to go too much off topic of this current thread:]

"Ye will hear of battles and rumors of battles" 1st century concluding in Judea/Jerusalem 70ad

JOSEPHUS, OLIVET DISCOURSE AND BOOK OF REVELATION

Josephus and Luke 21:11 "fearful signs in heaven/sky" 1st century pre 70AD

JOSEPHUS-70AD JERUSALEM-CITY, WALLS, TOWERS, TEMPLE, SANCTUARY AND DESTRUCTION

Josephus's sights and signs 1st century...did these really occur?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All 3 mention the 70ad Temple, stones, stone upon stone- thrown down.......

Only Matthew and Mark mention plural "buildings" #3619

[These 3 verses in Matt and Mark are the only places in the Gospels plural "buildings" is used.]

3619. oikodome feminine (abstract) of a compound of 3624 and the base of 1430;
architecture, i.e. (concretely) a structure; figuratively, confirmation:--building, edify(-ication, -ing).

G3619
οἰκοδομή (oikodomē) occurs 18 times in 18 verses
Matthew 24:1
And Jesus coming out, departed from the Temple.
And His Disciples approached Him to show to Him the buildings<3619> of the Temple.
Mark 13:1
And He going forth out of the Temple,
one of His Disciples is saying to Him “Teacher! behold! what manner of stones and what manner of buildings
Mark 13:2
And Jesus answering said to him, “thou are beholding these, the great buildings.
Not no may be being left here stone upon stone which not no may be being thrown-down<2647>

2Co 5:1
For we have known that if our earthly house of the tabernacle may be thrown down, a building from God we have, an house not made with hands -- age-during -- in the heavens,

NRC1RMycmijxrQiU4xPqnD1o.jpeg

herods-temple-history-reconstruction_5.jpg

=============================
Some OT verses that used buildings:
1Ki 9:10
At the end of twenty years, during which Solomon built these two buildings—the temple of the LORD and the royal palace—
1Ch 15:1
After David had constructed buildings for himself in the City of David, he prepared a place for the ark of God and pitched a tent for it.
1Ch 28:11
Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the portico of the temple, its buildings, its storerooms, its upper parts, its inner rooms and the place of atonement
1Ch 29:4
three thousand talents[fn] of gold (gold of Ophir) and seven thousand talents[fn] of refined silver, for the overlaying of the walls of the buildings,
2Ch 32:28
He also made buildings to store the harvest of grain, new wine and olive oil; and he made stalls for various kinds of cattle, and pens for the flocks.
2Ch 34:11
They also gave money to the carpenters and builders to purchase dressed stone, and timber for joists and beams for the buildings that the kings of Judah had allowed to fall into ruin.
Isa 22:10
You counted the buildings in Jerusalem and tore down houses to strengthen the wall.
Jer 22:23
You who live in ‘Lebanon,[fn]' who are nestled in cedar buildings, how you will groan when pangs come upon you, pain like that of a woman in labor!
Eze 40:2
In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0