Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If? Based on what Scripture facts? The people of Nineveh DID repent and the city was spared from destruction.

Jonah 3:10
[10] And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

There is no "if" or "but" but the city was not destroyed in days of Jonah. So your point is?

Bad Biblical exegesis. Jonah 3:10 provide your private interpretation wrong.

Unbiblical calculation based on "what if" theory.
2 Chronicles 7:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God making assumption aswell isn't he ?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe the battle of Armageddon will be a physical battle?

I believe there will be so much blood that horses will swim in it .

Revelation 14:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This thread is really funny , that people would think that satan has ever been chained in prison from his creation up to this point in time , and to even suggest that the battle of Armageddon would not be a physical battle , sure it involves the spiritual battle , but it also is definitely a physical battle that will kill more people than any other battle in history , people that believe that it is all symbols and allegory are very much mistaken - this is as bad as people only caring about making it into heaven and nothing more , they will be among those who are regarded as those who barely make it into heaven but receive no rewards for their works are burned up when tested with the Lords fire

• Agree
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

I did estimate how many people need to die for such blood to occur and there would be not less than 2 070 106 860 warriors which whill be squeezed . Which is surprising because it would match current world population .

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't know, just say so.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply I don't know, just that the answer is irrelevant. There is a physical place called the valley of Megiddo that is typically associated with the battle of Armageddon (I think we all know that), but that's not where this battle takes place. This battles takes place in the hearts and minds of God's people.

That's why I'm wondering why you asked. Do you think the battle is a physical battle that it has a physical location on earth?

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So you think some future battle will involve horses?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everybody of us have one plus Jesus so yes . They must be mighty horses tho .

Somebody has to slay these people you know .
Revelation 19:11-14

Righteous judge who make war

• Haha
Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is really funny , that people would think that satan has ever been chained in prison from his creation up to this point in time , and to even suggest that the battle of Armageddon would not be a physical battle , sure it involves the spiritual battle , but it also is definitely a physical battle that will kill more people than any other battle in history , people that believe that it is all symbols and allegory are very much mistaken - this is as bad as people only caring about making it into heaven and nothing more , they will be among those who are regarded as those who barely make it into heaven but receive no rewards for their works are burned up when tested with the Lords fire
I don't think you've really thought this through. In order for the description of Armageddon to be a physical battle it would have to follow the script laid out in Revelation. Which means at some point in the future, all of God's people will be in a city together (presumably Jerusalem?) and that city will be surrounded by armies.

Do you really think that makes sense? How is it that all the Christians of the world will end up in the same city together? Why would we all go there and who's paying for the plane tickets? And why would armies be needed to kill us? Are we going to have an army of our own? Are we going to be fighting with tanks and planes and guns? Couldn't they just walk in and arrest us, since we are the meek? Or if they wanted to kill us, and we're all huddled together, wouldn't they just drop bombs on us? Why would they have to surround us?

And what happens to all the non-Christians in Jerusalem? Do we force them out? Or do they also get killed? Or maybe you think the Jews are still God's people. If that's the case we'd have to be having a whole different discussion, but even then Jerusalem is full of non Jews and Jews live all over the world so the same questions still stand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everybody of us have one plus Jesus so yes . They must be mighty horses tho .

Somebody has to slay these people you know .
Revelation 19:11:14
I'm sorry but I really wasn't expecting you to say "yes, we will fight with horses". I think you need to work on recognizing symbolism.

For example, do you think Jesus really has a double edged sword coming out of his mouth with which he will slay the wicked?

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry but I really wasn't expecting you to say "yes, we will fight with horses". I think you need to work on recognizing symbolism.

For example, do you think Jesus really has a double edged sword coming out of his mouth with which he will slay the wicked?

Yes , that sword is analogy to Word of God , he will speak and they will die .

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe so. From what I have seen so far in the church and the world, Satan has already been loosened.

In order to be loosed though, that first requires he was previously bound. There is not much different about how satan is currently operating, as opposed to how he has been operating for the past 2000 years.
What is he doing now that he hasn't been doing for the past 2000 years? Is he deceiving anyone now? Did he manage to not deceive one single person for the past 2000 years? That would have to be the case if he was in the pit during that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think you've really thought this through. In order for the description of Armageddon to be a physical battle it would have to follow the script laid out in Revelation. Which means at some point in the future, all of God's people will be in a city together (presumably Jerusalem?) and that city will be surrounded by armies. Do you really think that makes sense? How is it that all the Christians of the world will end up in the same city together? Why would we all go there and who's paying for the plane tickets?
When believing an amil view , no it does not make sense , however just as in math ,when you start out with the wrong answer to a previous equation , everything based on it will prove to be in error , Most of Gods people will be gone in the harpazo when this battle occurs and the remaining will be a smaller number ,and most of them will die as martyrs and a small portion will escape to Jordan/Petra
And what happens to all the non-Christians in Jerusalem? Do we force them out?
They will die because they have rejected Christ - they are unrepentant people who believe that they do not need God , or don't believe God exists , or don't believe Jesus IS God
That is what the Great Tribulation is all about , that is why it is called the Hour of Trial , people that refuse to accept Christ Jesus as Lord and savoir will not have a savoir when that time of judgment occurs - note that it not the great white throne judgment - the people that are killed will be in the GWT judgment later on
Just some reasons to understand that the battle is a real battle that most people will die in

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Matthew 22 has nothing to do with the physical destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Rather it is the fall of old testament congregation as a kingdom representation. God sees people as the stones of his temple (body). They are the people of the Old Testament Congregation. They are the people of the prince that come against Him. Not Romans. Not physical armies. Not physical stones.

Spiritual Discerned.

Right, it was just a huge coincidence that armies came, surrounded Jerusalem, and destroyed it and the temple in 70ad......

• Haha
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why not just simply look back at the past where chariots and horses were used and the OT prophecies concerning them? I am sure that is what an OC Hebrew back in the 1st century would do......

Hagai 2:22
I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms;
I will destroy the strength of the Gentile kingdoms.
I will overthrow the chariots And those who ride in them;
The horses and their riders shall come down,
Every one by the sword of his brother.

Zechariah 12:4
“In that day,” says the LORD, “I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness;
I will open My eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.

Revelation 15:3
and they are singing the Song of Moses, the bond-servant of the God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, `Great and marvelous the works of Thee, Lord! the God, the Almighty,
just and true the ways of Thee, the king of the [*Ages/Saints] Nations
[Exodus 15]
Exodus 15:1
Then sang Moses and the sons of Yisra'el this song unto Yahweh, and they spake saying,--
"I will sing to Yahweh, for He is exalted exalted,--

The horse and his rider hath He cast into the Sea.

Revelation 18:13
“and cinnamon and incense, fragrant oil and frankincense, wine and oil, fine flour and wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and bodies and souls of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know if they have wings they might just levitate .

If flying horses were meaning spacecraft of some kind, flying horses make sense then. Surely Jesus and everyone gathered to Him in the air are going be hanging around together in a craft of some kind, rather than all of floating around in the sky without being in a craft of some kind. Kind of defeats the purpose of saying they all are on white horses. Anyone that has read the OT, especially the first cpl of chapters in Ezekiel, it is not unreasonable to conclude that God and angels, and maybe even the devil and his angels, they get around the universe via crafts of some sort.

• Haha
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0