• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Mathew 12:32

Discussion in 'Chaplains Coffee Shop' started by ChadTheHoser, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadTheHoser

ChadTheHoser Keep Your Stick On The Ice! Supporter

+30
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Hey everyone, we all know.....
    Matthew 12:32 New International Version (NIV)
    32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

I consider myself a christian. I am only about a year back into my faith. (Batized in 2004), though I was out of the faith for many years I have spoke against the holy spirit a number of times in my youth (Once in the worst of ways).
    I have repented to the lord about this, but I still think about this verse. Can I still be in the 'good books'? Jesus seemed to have said this in a way that I feel I cannot be welcomed back into the kingdom of heaven, from my 'stupid' youthful days.
    Please shine some light on this my way. :)

-Chad.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,794
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If you blasphemed the Holy Spirit it would be the least of your worries. Because you would not believe he exists. The fact that you are concerned shows you believe or you wouldn't be concerned. Jesus says whoever believes has eternal life. Eternal life has no end.

3. ChadTheHoser

+30
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I appreciate your response, and I understand. But why the contradictory quotes?

4. Dave L

+2,794
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What contradictory quotes?

5. ChadTheHoser

+30
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    As He says "but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
    It does not add - 'whoever believes has eternal life. Eternal life has no end.'

It is a definiative quote. as I read it. " but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

6. Dave L

+2,794
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If you have eternal life, you won't blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Why would you want to? If you think you blasphemed the Holy Spirit, it would be of no concern because you would not think God exists in the first place.

7. ChadTheHoser

+30
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Ok, thank you for your reply's Dave.
    When I was A LOT younger I thought being a Satanist was cool... Boy was I foolish. I hope my repents and apologies to the lord will suffice.

8. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,323
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Sorry, but you will have to be more specific, before anyone will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

9. Dave L

+2,794
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Any false religion is satanic. And Jesus saves us from all walks.

10. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+4,040
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    That demonstrates the conditional nature of our salvation. Whoever believes has eternal life, but eternal life is ours to throw away.

11. AMR

AMR Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed

+900
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.