Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes it was very long and I don't agree with most of it. :) Why do you think Jesus celebrated the Last supper with His disciples?
The answer is in the article. I agree with Dr. Scott Hahn, the ex anti Catholic who is now Catholic and lovin' it.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus drank only of One cup. Not four cups. When He prayed to the father this is the cup He was speaking of.
Jesus took that ancient feast and transformed it into a meal with new meaning when He instructed His disciples to drink of the cup and eat of the bread in remembrance of His death on their behalf. Therefore, Calvary has superseded the exodus from Egypt as the greatest redemptive event in history. Christians don't recall the blood on the doorpost and the lintel, but the blood shed at the cross. The Lord's Supper is a memorial that Christ Himself instituted. He became the ultimate fulfillment of deliverance from sin and death when He died on the cross and shed His blood.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup: Just like when Peter had a vision of animals (being hungry, as we are discussing) The LORD said ARISE KILL and EAT... The vision was never about FOOD but "eating with the Gentiles" as the picture later shows.

Things arent always as they first appear.

Praise God Peter didnt literally ARISE KILL and EAT those MEN sent to him huh? ^_^

Maybe its just another way of saying sitting with them and partaking of fellowship with them?
Peace
Fireinfolding
Yes lol.

As far as communion being cannibalism,
dont know about that.

But Jesus did qualify his message
in the same way as this one Fireinfolding
mentions.

After he keeps telling them they must
eat His body and drink His blood,
He says this:

John 6:61-63
61 When Jesus knew in himself
that his disciples murmured at it,
he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
2 What and if ye shall see the Son of man
ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth;
the flesh profiteth nothing:
the words that I speak unto you,
they are spirit, and they are life.

He say's it's the spirit that quickens
(to make alive)

Quickeneth
2227 zw|opoie,w zoopoieo {dzo-op-oy-eh'-o}
Meaning:
1) to produce alive, begat or bear living young
2) to cause to live, make alive, give life
2a) by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate
2b) to restore to life
2c) to give increase of life: thus of physical life
2d) of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit,
endued with new and greater powers of life
3) metaph., of seeds quickened into life,
i.e. germinating, springing up, growing
I don't think He meant it literally, or
He'd not have added that, imo.
sunlover

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry IAA, but I agree with Dr. Scott Hahn who is one of the best educated theologians and bible scholars we have in the Church today.

He was also one of the best Protestant theologians and bible scholars that they had.

You should read his story, http://shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0036.html?E+scstore.

We aren't talking about about some uneducated guy converting, we are talking about a Presbyterian minister who was also a professor of Protestant theology and a bible scholar who lived, breathed and ate the bible and it ws through his extensive study of it, he was compelled to convert to Catholicism precisely because he is bible believing and found that the Catholic Church's teaching truly line up with the word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.