Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay this game is a few years old I have recently started playing...its like being in your own sci fi movie. Some of the dialogue does get a bit repetative and you can have whole converstations over and over if you want but I do enjoy the interaction. You can even have a little romance with certain characters but that again is a bit limited. I'm looking forward to the second one. WHat do other players think?

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay this game is a few years old I have recently started playing...its like being in your own sci fi movie. Some of the dialogue does get a bit repetative and you can have whole converstations over and over if you want but I do enjoy the interaction. You can even have a little romance with certain characters but that again is a bit limited. I'm looking forward to the second one. WHat do other players think?
I think it's not "a few years old."

Strangely, it just came out here a few weeks ago!

Upvote 0

SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The joys of actually decent American games coming out delayed in Japan. It doesn't happen often, at least not with games worth waiting for.

Oh, and I'd venture it's about 1.5 years old from original release... unless I missed a year.
Let's do the time-warp again!

Upvote 0

Eponine

Not. One. More.
Mar 28, 2005
Brunswick, Maine
✟21,308.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone know how to get it working on Vista? *sigh* :(
Ask and you shall receive. Go into the Mass Effect folder on your hard drive and go to Binaries and find the MassEffect.exe file. Run it as an administrator and it should work.

As you might be able to tell, I am a huge Mass Effect fan. Actually, I've enjoyed most of Bioware's work (or at least, as much of it as I've played). Already counting down the months until Mass Effect 2 comes out in early 2010 now that we know Shepard is alive in Mass Effect 2, and possibly Mass Effect 3 depending on how your ending turns out.

Upvote 0

Breetai

Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The joys of actually decent American games coming out delayed in Japan. It doesn't happen often, at least not with games worth waiting for.
Actually, it does happen quite a lot. You'd be surprised.

Upvote 0

Breetai

Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Aye, but not with a game worth waiting for. I'll be the first to admit that a good portion of American games these days suck.
What?

Dude, are you crazy? Fallout 3 (and the rest of the series, Oblivion (and the other TES games), Bauldur's Gate series, EA NHL games, EA FIFA games, Mass Effect, Halo (some people apparently like it), Metal of Honor series, Call of Duty series, Grand Theft Auto series, Prince of Persia series, Assassins Creed series, Ratchet and Clank series, Resistance series, Half-Life series, Quake series, Doom series, Uncharted series, Need for Speed series... on and on.

TONS of awesome US (although some listed are Canadian) games!

BTW, quite a few horrible Japanese games out there.

Upvote 0

SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What?

Dude, are you crazy? Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Halo (some people apparently like it), Call of Duty (no, just 4 :p), Prince of Persia series (no, just the first one), Assassins Creed, Half-Life series,

TONS of awesome US (although some listed are Canadian) games!

BTW, quite a few horrible Japanese games out there.

Bolded my agreed good games, Italicized the Canucks' games, removed the chaff, lol.

(You listed Assassin's Creed as a series? Did I miss something since I've stopped paying attention?)

Yeah, there are some Jap games that have come over to the States that weren't that great, but I usually chalk that up to cultural differences.

Upvote 0

Breetai

Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bolded my agreed good games, Italicized the Canucks' games, removed the chaff, lol.
Why? All of these games (well, some of the Prince of Persia games anyway) are well regarded by a lot of people. In other words, they are all "games worth waiting for" by gamers in general. I don't think your personal opinion really fits here. If I added in my personal preferences, there's no way something like Halo would've been in that list. I really don't get why that game is so popular.
(You listed Assassin's Creed as a series? Did I miss something since I've stopped paying attention?)
The sequal is coming out soon.

Yeah, there are some Jap games that have come over to the States that weren't that great, but I usually chalk that up to cultural differences.
A lot weren't great, and it's not just "cultural differences." Try something like Deep Blue on the TG-16. It's my personal canditate for worst game ever. Tons more never left Japan, for good reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SSior.27

May 31, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Naturally, I can only speak from my viewpoint, though many of the games I erased were also considered flops by others I know, but that's neither here nor there. I think?

Halo was a good game when it first came out, Halo 2 followed well... but 3 just kind of dragged on imo. Though some are obsessed with 3 as well. Personally, I'll stick with the novels.

Assassin's Creed 2? Now regretting getting rid of my 360.

Upvote 0

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow thanks for the replies. I like the fact about Mass effect you can go off to some remote star system and have some information on it even if you cant land. Taking a stroll around the moon was interesting. Its a shame you can generally only land on one or two planets per system but when you do if you go off the beaten track its suprising what you find. I just picked a random spot on another remote world and came across a corpse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
going off topic slightly Assassin's creed two is due out shortly, they are already previewing it in 360 mags. Set in Venice. Mass effect 2 looks pretty intriguing from what I have seen of the screenshots Looks like sheppard lives but the decisions you made in the first game stand apparently so if someone died they are still dead in 2.

Upvote 0

Eponine

Not. One. More.
Mar 28, 2005
Brunswick, Maine
✟21,308.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mass effect 2 looks pretty intriguing from what I have seen of the screenshots Looks like sheppard lives but the decisions you made in the first game stand apparently so if someone died they are still dead in 2.
They were promising that from the very beginning. One notable example we have seen is the dialogue with Nassana when you're looking for Thane: if you did Nassana's mission in Mass Effect she remembers it. And if what we've heard is true, Bioware is definitely going to have their work cut out for them in Mass Effect 3... apparently it is possible for Shepard to really, truly die a permanent death during the final mission of Mass Effect 2, which necessitates two very different paths for Mass Effect 2: those whose Shepards lived, and those who did not. Interesting that a lot of people were theorizing that they would do something like that in ME2, but other people were saying Bioware would never make that much work for themselves. Apparently they would and will.

Upvote 0

Breetai

Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
lol, I don't think I'm ever going to go back to Sony :D
Why not? It it's because you like the smaller companies like Nintendo and dislike large cooperate companies, well ok. If that's not it, then why not?

Upvote 0